User Tag List

Page 39 of 77 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm surprised melb have so many badminton tournament! Goodluck to all of u who participate...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eugene View Post
    i'm surprised melb have so many badminton tournament! Goodluck to all of u who participate...
    All in all, theres only about 7 graded Tournament a year in Victoria (The we are better then you state )

Ballarat Graded
    Altona Graded
    CBA Graded
    Victorian Graded
    Melbourne Uni Graded
    Monash Uni Graded
    Warnabool

.. and maybe 1 or 2 other JTUltra Tournament and other non-annual fixtured Tournament.

But thats not nearly enought to satisfy those of us that arnt whipped by our wifes like Ashley .. we free badminton men want more graded tournaments.
    52 weekends and only 7 tournaments .. you do the maths.

..and not to mention the really young and the really old can play those and their exclusive junior and senior/vetran tournaments .. unfair but thats life ..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha...good 1! i think no body knows our spiritual towards this sport unless he/she really into it but, u may need to spend some time with your gf or family once in a bluemoon i perhaps?

i hardly play tournament in Malaysia due to work commitment. the last i had is in the company level which is more than half year ago and the one before is in 2008.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

with its graded competitions, melbourne is a good place for non-elite badminton players. in malaysia there is no such thing and if you're not at least at district level you'd just get hammered in the very first rd in any competition there is so the rest of us mortals just don't bother. so yeah, although the badminton community here is smaller there is great pasison about the sport too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vien, if no one is willing to partner with you, I am glad to enter into C Double with you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by N4ruto View Post
    Vien, if no one is willing to partner with you, I am glad to enter into C Double with you.
    Still got Anthony as my badminton companion this year .
    We'll be entering in A grade in Ballarat and B grade in Altona (Just to keep my winning run in B double there )
    .. Anthony hasnt been playing at all this year so we might struggle early on .. but plenty of tournament to come .. so hoping the trophy cabinet fills up again in 2010 .. with some interstate C grade title added to my belt as well ... might raid NSW or Queensland this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha too true!! Where were you tonight Vien, I even rang you this morning to REMIND you! That leash is getting tighter la la la

Quote Originally Posted by ashley View Post
    It's not Anthony who has been missing from the badminton scene. I see him every week on Wednesday and/or Saturday night. In fact, everyone has been asking where Vien is ? I just tell them that your girlfriend has you on a very tight leash.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Woah I only played 2 games tonight and feel so tired and weak legs Hope you are very fit this year Vien, my plan is to play net only

We definitely have to play NSW or QLD or Tassie - pick on their C graders hehehe

Ok time for bed, feeling oldddddddd

Quote Originally Posted by vienb View Post
    Still got Anthony as my badminton companion this year .
    We'll be entering in A grade in Ballarat and B grade in Altona (Just to keep my winning run in B double there )
    .. Anthony hasnt been playing at all this year so we might struggle early on .. but plenty of tournament to come .. so hoping the trophy cabinet fills up again in 2010 .. with some interstate C grade title added to my belt as well ... might raid NSW or Queensland this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo77 View Post
    haha too true!! Where were you tonight Vien, I even rang you this morning to REMIND you! That leash is getting tighter la la la
    I can't believe Vien is still denying that this badminton (and who knows what else) leash is getting shorter. Vien used to play practically every day, now I see him on the court only once a month and he is not even married yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another tournament for 2010 .. the CBA is about 2 weeks after Altona

http://hosting3.sportingpulse.com/ww...nEntryform.pdf

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't believe Vien is still denying that this badminton (and who knows what else) leash is getting shorter. Vien used to play practically every day, now I see him on the court only once a month and he is not even married yet.
    Its just I've discovered the joy of endless non stop shopping, chick flicks and romantic dinners ... i'm not whipped into doing these things I go willingly

.. that and still recovering from the dame achellie tender injury on the right leg i got filling in for a friends indoor soccer team 3 weeks ago ... can't jump or push off the foot (run backward) .. so have lost all singles game in the last 3 weeks. Strangely can still run side to side and forward ..so still able to play and win my double / mix though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its just I've discovered the joy of endless non stop shopping, chick flicks and romantic dinners ... i'm not whipped into doing these things I go willingly

.. that and still recovering from the dame achellie tender injury on the right leg i got filling in for a friends indoor soccer team 3 weeks ago ... can't jump or push off the foot (run backward) .. so have lost all singles game in the last 3 weeks. Strangely can still run side to side and forward ..so still able to play and win my double / mix though
    Are you still playing the Ballarat Tournament? Anthony is getting worried your master won't let you out to play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo77 View Post
    It was your fault you woke me up too early .. didnt get to bed till 5am and you rang at 10am .. couldnt get back to sleep after that.
    Went to the 3pm Badminton session at Niddrie .. then back home to sleep

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was your fault you woke me up too early .. didnt get to bed till 5am and you rang at 10am .. couldnt get back to sleep after that.
    Went to the 3pm Badminton session at Niddrie .. then back home to sleep
    What was Niddrie like ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you still playing the Ballarat Tournament? Anthony is getting worried your master won't let you out to play.
    She coming along to support/cheer on the opposition ... have you booked the accomidation yet?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She coming along to support/cheer on the opposition ... have you booked the accomidation yet?
    Change of plans most people are driving up on Sunday. In any case I will be in overseas until 8am Sunday morning (the tournament day). I doubt I will be in any shape to play. So this year I will give you are chance to get a trophy as I won't be attending.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What was Niddrie like ?
    Courts are OK, light OK, tap water really really bad, get sick everytime i dink it yet you would think i would stop drinking it wouldnt you

Theres 3 courts, games are fixtured, so not just running on the court or staying on endlessly ..

.. Standard OK beginners -> A grade, no one there really Open grade or Sam standard... Duc and Tommy plays there.

Organiser does a good job mixing the games up.

And the best thing of all its only 15min from home for me

Page 39 of 77 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast