User Tag List

Page 43 of 77 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is it just me or are the draws not finalised? i can't seem to see the individual matches.. it just all says "bye". Just wanted to find out who i will have to play first round.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BadFever View Post
    Good luck Vien. Make sure you wear the Loke Poh's T-shirt this time from 1st round onward. Maybe will bring you good luck.
    unbelievable as it is, this year CBA my best chance of a trophy is the B single event ... NO BLOODY VINCENT.. to stop me this time .. keep loosing to him in the semifinals
    That Loke Poh T-shirt is only to be worn at VIC Open and Monash Open tournaments

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by keenweisam View Post
    is it just me or are the draws not finalised? i can't seem to see the individual matches.. it just all says "bye". Just wanted to find out who i will have to play first round.
    Its still a working progress fixture .. you can only see the entry in each event for now .. no ones been put into a pool yet.
    .. But how funny would it be if, You+Jacob, Aaron+Dee, and Tristram+Stefan get put into the same pool again
    I can predict the outcome .. You+Jacob beat Tristram+Stefan, but lose to Aaron+Dee.. and in turn Aaron+Dee looses to Tristram+Stefan .. and it goes down to precentage again

Simple reason for this .. Aaron+Dee are an attacking team with strong smashes ... Tristram+Stefan are defensive players always a bit back from the net so they can return the attacks ... You like playing at the net, but against guys that dont do drop shots you're just a traget at the nets... but against Tristam+Stefan your net play is an advantage cause they play from the back of the court away from the nets... I should be a badminton commentator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm.. some good insights there vien. but at ballarat aaron n dee beat trist and stef....
    if we are in the same pool this time, i'll be irate.
    the funnier thing is that aaron n dee have been allowed to enter bmd too. hahahahhahahaha
    all good, they are good players, and it's always a fun challenge to play against them.
    i think with some of your comments, we may have good insight into how to adjust our game to play against those pairings! cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fixture is out .. you guys are in group E against the thai guys and Tap.

http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sp...3-6E0F978B7037

win through your pool and its likely you'll be playing against Aaron & Dee in the the quarters.
    Last edited by vienb; 04-24-2010 at 08:09 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm.. some good insights there vien. but at ballarat aaron n dee beat trist and stef....
    if we are in the same pool this time, i'll be irate.
    the funnier thing is that aaron n dee have been allowed to enter bmd too. hahahahhahahaha
    all good, they are good players, and it's always a fun challenge to play against them.
    i think with some of your comments, we may have good insight into how to adjust our game to play against those pairings! cheers
    Its recorded that they lost 24:30 in ballarat ... and yeap this year there doesnt seem to be much different between A and B grade ... with lots of A double pairs playing in B as well ... all bloody trophy hunters

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vienb View Post
    Its recorded that they lost 24:30 in ballarat ... and yeap this year there doesnt seem to be much different between A and B grade ... with lots of A double pairs playing in B as well ... all bloody trophy hunters
    Don't worry Vien you will be remembered as the first and most notorious Trophy Hunter of them all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they didnt lose... otherwise how did they end up winning the event?
    not a great draw but oh well, such is life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they didnt lose... otherwise how did they end up winning the event?
    not a great draw but oh well, such is life.
    They still got through the pool on precentage, then went on to win the semi and then the final.

How did your team do today in the Double League Greg? ... we lost the first 4:5 against the ballarat team then won the second 5:4 against the other Melbourne Uni team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we won against the melb uni team 8-1 and then beat the dvba team 8-1.
    i went there and won all my matches... did my job, then went home. lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we won against the melb uni team 8-1 and then beat the dvba team 8-1.
    i went there and won all my matches... did my job, then went home. lol
    Excellent thats what i was hopping to here ... with the team we have our only hope of being in the final is if there is one dominate team that flocks everyone to guarantee 1st ... so that this will reduce the games needed for second spot.
    Well your team will be playing us next round .. and without Aaron from what i hear, so our aim is to get more then 1 game off you guys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man A grade doubles looks tough draw, we might have easy first round in B grade on Sunday though Vien
    Woohoo! even got a mixed partner for B grade this year

Yeah Vincent is training with Hung now, we played a quick singles last Saturday and he beat me 21-8, showed me I am moving around the court at a snail's pace compared to 2009

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo77 View Post
    Man A grade doubles looks tough draw, we might have easy first round in B grade on Sunday though Vien
    Woohoo! even got a mixed partner for B grade this year

Yeah Vincent is training with Hung now, we played a quick singles last Saturday and he beat me 21-8, showed me I am moving around the court at a snail's pace compared to 2009

Vincent can beat you easily now cause he's been training playing single since the beginning of this year while you've been house train by your wife and not play as much badminton as you did last year

You've got an easier run then me in single and mix .. and in B double i think we're playing against that guy that beat u in the Melbourne uni graded single final last year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You right, I just warn you to prepare for the slide when ur relationship hits the fully whipped by a badminton-hater wife stage too

Yeah that left hand guy is pretty fit and has nice drop shots too! Can't believe he played C grade in Ballarat - trophy hunter We let them get too big a lead last year at the Melb Uni one...And maybe attacked the wrong guy too hehe

Well I got Tristian in the mixed so will have to ask you some questions how to beat him later. So is A grade on Saturday? What time do we need to be there?

Vincent can beat you easily now cause he's been training playing single since the beginning of this year while you've been house train by your wife and not play as much badminton as you did last year

You've got an easier run then me in single and mix .. and in B double i think we're playing against that guy that beat u in the Melbourne uni graded single final last year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Singles start 8.30am - Check in 8.15am
    Doubles start 11.30am - check in 11.15am
    Mixed start 3.30pm - check in 3.15pm

Thats the starting time for all graded events for this weekends CBA tournament.

So I'll be there about 11:30am on saturday .. and playing against Tristan in the mix at Ballarat, found he had trouble with flat shots, especially cross court flat shots ... and like Marcus in mix, he'll bowl over his mix partner to get to a shot .. so do plenty of drop shots half way from the partners and watch then collide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Results from last weekend ... my team WS GOLD is the only WSBA team not in negative points .. combine the WSBA results and its a record -306 if only it was golf we were playing instead of badminton
    Greg's in Melbourne Uni BLK

VICTORIAN DOUBLES LEAGUE RESULTS
    LADDER (after Rounds 1, 2)

Ties Games Pts (net)
    [FONT='Helvetica','sans-serif']1st MELB UNI BLK 2 15-3 107[/FONT]
    [FONT='Helvetica','sans-serif']2nd BALLARAT 2 11-7 32[/FONT]
    [FONT='Helvetica','sans-serif']3rd D/VALLEY 1 11-7 43[/FONT]
    [FONT='Helvetica','sans-serif']4th WS GOLD 1 9-9 35[/FONT]
    [FONT='Helvetica','sans-serif']5th MELB UNI BLUE 0 5-13 -80[/FONT]
    [FONT='Helvetica','sans-serif']6th WS BLUE 0 3-15 -137[/FONT]

VICTORIAN STATE PENNANT RESULTS

POOL A
    Ties Matches Games Pts (net)
    [FONT='Helvetica','sans-serif']1st MONASH BLUES 2 19-3 41-8 244[/FONT]
    [FONT='Helvetica','sans-serif']2nd MELB UNI 1 9-13 19-28 -84[/FONT]
    [FONT='Helvetica','sans-serif']3rd GEELONG B.S.A 1 9-13 19-29 -69[/FONT]
    [FONT='Helvetica','sans-serif']4th KBC - FITNESS FOR LIFE 0 7-15 18-32 -91[/FONT]

POOL B
    Ties Matches Games Pts (net)
    [FONT='Helvetica','sans-serif']1st BAV 2 17-5 35-16 105[/FONT]
    [FONT='Helvetica','sans-serif']2nd CENTRAL 1 13-9 30-22 58[/FONT]
    [FONT='Helvetica','sans-serif']3rd MONASH GOLD 1 10-12 25-27 41[/FONT]
    [FONT='Helvetica','sans-serif']4th WSBA 0 4-18 14-39 -204[/FONT]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, and hopefully I'll be able to collect more trophies this year before the EVIL forces of Badminton Victoria and all its EVIL underlings start making it harder for me to do so

.. if you were wanting to play at Titans when you're over here, let me warn you about what Ashley does to "newbie" .. Allegedly anyway ..... first thing he always does is to damage peoples retina by exposing his ugly face to them .. dont laugh people have gone blind looking at such extreme hideousness .. cover your eyes or look up at the sun if you have to talk with Ashley.
    And it is speculated that Ashley may have been a defrock Catholic priest, so when he reaches out to shake your hands or shake any other parts of you .. RUN!!! .. dont think just turn around and run away as fast as you can.
    Thirdly and the most IMPORTANT if he ask you to go on court and have a game with him, just make up any excuse not to .. like, sorry I'm in the middle of a interesting and intellectual discussion with Carl and therefore can't play as yet, or Sorry I forgot my rackets at home, or simply no speak english.... dont ask why you'll thannk me for it one day
    Ashley is well known as a violent and volatile gangster from the hoods of Nunawading .. so to defuse any argument that may arise with him .. just rub his stumach .. it'll helps calm him down... this tip may save your life one day.
    Last but not least .. never spill water on Ashley or feed him after midnight.
    Hey... I'm now worries to play in Titan, I doesn't seems to be welcomed at all!!! initially i thought Ashley is very gentlemen & friendly but, it's the other way as described! Anyway, just to proof I'm wrong, i will personally evidence myself when i'm there and hopefully what Vien said is not right!

Page 43 of 77 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast