User Tag List

Page 15 of 77 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 65 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hagane View Post
    who did you end up playing against on the other half of the pool?
    Like what Anthony said, we didnt know who they were but they gave us a bit of a scared early on taking a quick lead 0/7 i think.

Then after catching up the game became pretty close with only 1 or 2 points different till we got a bit of a lead on them 25/19.
    Then they came back with a bit of run themself.
    In the end we ran over the top of them after trailing 27/28 to win 30/28.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vienb View Post
    It wasnt hype Ash .. it was expectation of greatness
    And now that i am the first C-Grade champion for 2009, i expect many to be looking up to me as a role model .. so let the hero worshiping begin

My message to all the young badminton players out there, try hard to get into a lower grade and you too one day can be a trophy hunter champion
    Is it me or you take pride is winning trophies from grades that are lower than what you play at? I prefer to keep my pride and win a A or B grade trophy then acting like 'Look at me i'm a A/B grade player with a C/D grade trophy'. I prefer money over a trophy anyday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Sucker for Trophies

Quote Originally Posted by phandrew View Post
    Is it me or you take pride is winning trophies from grades that are lower than what you play at? I prefer to keep my pride and win a A or B grade trophy then acting like 'Look at me i'm a A/B grade player with a C/D grade trophy'. I prefer money over a trophy anyday.
    Here is a hint for you. Next time you win any Open/A/B grade, you know who to look for to sell the trophies for money. hihihi.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your not A/B grade officially until you win a trophy, until then, your no grade. Play D/C grade singles and see how hard it is to win it. Congrats Vien & Anthony! *cough* we know you guyz took a dive in B grade the day before so you guyz could play the next dat in C =p

Well done JT Ultra & Andrew from Melb Uni for organising the competition!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ShyYen View Post
    Your not A/B grade officially until you win a trophy, until then, your no grade. Play D/C grade singles and see how hard it is to win it. Congrats Vien & Anthony! *cough* we know you guyz took a dive in B grade the day before so you guyz could play the next dat in C =p

Well said Shy , since this was the first tournament for 2009 then how does anyone farely expected me to know what grade i'm meant to enter

Heck we should of taken a dive in the C final

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BadFever View Post
    Here is a hint for you. Next time you win any Open/A/B grade, you know who to look for to sell the trophies for money. hihihi.
    A red blooded trophy hunter would never buy a trophy, we ease our way into winning one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pride is one of the seven deadly sins, the 7th one
    Andrew if you keep [FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']accumulating pride the way you do, you'll end up playing badminton in a place far worst then Hell ........... Adelaide [/FONT]
    So like a good Christian, i dont let pride get in the way of a trophy hunt
    And no amount of money can ever replicate that great feeling you get when you know that even if you play half azz you can still win

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Upcoming Tournaments

April 4-5 Altona Open/Graded Altona
    May 2-3 Central Open/Graded MSAC
    May 30 Ballarat Open/Graded Ballarat
    June 27-28 Victorian Open & Graded MSAC
    Aug 22-23 Warrnambool Open & Graded Warrnambool

Aug 29-30 Monash Open & Graded Monash Uni

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink

It wasnt hype Ash .. it was expectation of greatness
    And now that i am the first C-Grade champion for 2009, i expect many to be looking up to me as a role model .. so let the hero worshiping begin

My message to all the young badminton players out there, try hard to get into a lower grade and you too one day can be a trophy hunter champion

Congrats! Vien & Anthony! We will look up to you as a role model and get some tips and advise should we need to play in C grades.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No worries, Shy. I believe all grades were run on time throughout both days, so it was a good 2 days for us.

Congrats to all who participated and hope to see you next time!

Vien/Anthony, time to start playing A grade and B grade. Don't worry, you can take a dive in A grade and win the B grade!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually Jackie told Anthony we were barred from future C grades right before the C grade final
    ... and he even gave us the shame on you shook of the head when we came collecting the winner's trophies ... he didnt even wanted to take a picture with us for the web site

... i notice you only said i was "BANNED from playing C grade doubles" that still means i can enter D double, D single and C singles

and you may not have watched our final but we did end up watching yours .. a good fast game .. tell Marray it was his fault you lost
    LOL! If I was the one presenting you with the trophy I would have done the same thing

Not sure whether to ban you from C grade singles...have you ever won that one?

Haha! I wish that it was the case that I could ever play better than Murray! Rather lacklustre performance by myself, I thought. Although, I am happy with the way I played up UNTIL the final.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Anthony, you won yourself a complimentary lucky draw. Hope you get another trophy. Check it out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anjoooo View Post
    LOL! If I was the one presenting you with the trophy I would have done the same thing

Not sure whether to ban you from C grade singles...have you ever won that one?

Haha! I wish that it was the case that I could ever play better than Murray! Rather lacklustre performance by myself, I thought. Although, I am happy with the way I played up UNTIL the final.
    Arhhhhhh!!! I've gone throught all my single trophies and i've got 6 runner up single trophy, 4 C grade, 1 B grade, 1 A grade ..... but i do have 1 single 1st prize ... 2003 Melbourne Uni D grade single

That should mean that i can play in c grade single since i've never won it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Attached is my 1 and only "Winner" trophy for single .. its one of the better looking trophy as well
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why doesn't Titan organise a competition for these bunch of trophy hunters over 1-2 saturdays? One now and one later in the year so people *cough vien* can have bragging rights for next 6 months.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why doesn't Titan organise a competition for these bunch of trophy hunters over 1-2 saturdays? One now and one later in the year so people *cough vien* can have bragging rights for next 6 months.
    Just to clarify, there IS only ONE trophy hunter(no 's' please and DEFINITELY no bunch) at Titan, that's the infamous Max Power. I have a feeling Nelson is going to offer Max Power his A trophy for $20 (or $30 for both his single and double) this Saturday. kekeke.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have spoken about it last year, maybe we might have an inaugural Titan Graded Tournament in 2009. Unfortunate Trophy hunting in a Titan tournament wont be possible because if i enter in C grade all those A grade titans would also enter in c just to spoil my trophy hunting
    But the more likely thing is that a Titan Tournament would only offer Open, A and B grade event ... hence trophy hunting in C not possible.

Page 15 of 77 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 65 ... LastLast