CAB8

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by May, May 26, 2001.

1. May

May Guest

Wut do u think of it??? I've got one, but haven't really had a chance to play with it yet though.

2. jayes

jayes Guest

Extremely durable - I have it for about 20 years now. With the right string tension and technique, you can generate a powerful smash. Control side - you have to have a really good technique to compensate its lackness. Racquet is not light. I've used this racquet in tournaments for single and double plays.

3. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    I agree with Jayes....... this racket has great smash power but it lacks in control. A bit too heavy but its a good beginners racket......

I used mine for about 4 years. I've had it for about 8 years. Not as long as yours Jayes....... ;) i haven't been around that long, literally.......

4. Wins

Wins Regular Member

student
    I try this racquet before. Before ppl ask me how do i try so many racquet, i think i expect it first. My friends (byron, ....) got lots of racquets like Cab Gold, Cad8,9, Ab1000, Ab2000, Ti-5, Ti-3, Sintec Ti-100, Aerotus 55, 77, YangYang Tactics, Cab1, Iso60light, Prince Whip, Cobra, Wilson Classic, Cab8000 and myself own some pretty cool racquets too like Mp100, Carlton Ramussen and Slim 10 +++

I try Cab1, Cab8, Cab9. Cab 1 is very heavy !!! can produce power if i have the strength to control it. Cab 8 and 9 seems the same. I keep hitting the frame and it is not that aerodynamics so when u smash, u feel that u are dragging air. It is a little backwards compare to nowadays technology like Ti-10. It is strung at 20-24 lbs with BG65-ti.

5. May

May Guest

CAB8 and Cab8TiSp

is der a difference between the 2??? i've got the latter one.

6. jayes

jayes Guest

Re: CAB8 and Cab8TiSp

Personally, I prefer the heavy one - no problem in backhand and forehand. I bought a head light racquet last year for comparison reason and played with it for about 3 months. I don't like it - feels like playing with a fragile equipment and afraid to have a collision with my partner (in doubles), thus I can't enjoy my game. Yes, the light racquet is easier to manuever than my trusted cab8 but since I'm used to cab8 for so long, manueverability is not an issue.

Here is my suggestion: Since you already got the Cab8 TI SP, why not try and use it. See if you like it. Caveat: It depends on what racquet type you are used to and generally it is not a good idea to switch often because it will be a bit hard to switch back and your game may or may not be what you desire. Stick to what you have and grow with it. However, if you break your favorite racquet, get the one that is closest to what you had, and adapt to the new racquet.

7. May

May Guest

Re: CAB8 and Cab8TiSp

ok. but dats not wut i want to knw. i have another racquet, a cab 880, which i dun like. which is why i got this one.

8. May

May Guest

MY REVIEW

Solid racquet if u prefer a slightly heavier racquet, even though i dunno where in hell do some of my team-mates get the idea dat my Cab8TiSp is lighter than my Cab880.