Gosen badminton strings

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Dennis, May 26, 2001.

1. Dennis

Dennis Guest

Anyone know a good place to get Gosen strings online or in canada? I think they make awesome strings even comparing to Yonex or Ashaway. I especially like Tec Gut Tour , but haven't try the newer model. Any help will be appreciated. Preferred in reels....

thanks

2. David

David Guest

Badminton Alley, http://www.badmintonalley.com or call (408) 746-0646 in the United States.

3. Howard

Howard Regular Member

Student
    sport chek

4. Pete

Pete Guest

I tried GOSEN ROOTS on my Carlton Airblade 900 and Carlton Ramaussen. Feels great! But I would love to try out GOSEN BS304. I am not sure if it is available in Canada. I found out its existence on GOSEN's Japan website at www.gosen.co.jp.

Pete

5. David

David Guest

Pete,
    Be adventerous and try the Roots Aermet. It's powerful!

DSC

6. AF

AF Guest

Email Brian Mills at gosen@canada.com and he will help you with locations nearest to you and such...if you are in toronto looking for strings, a few places do carry Gosen Strings that I know of....Yo Sports, Browns, Lee's, Sporting Life, Winning Cycles,not sure if all models are carried though....

Anyways, I am a long time user of Gosen strings....Hy-Sheep, best intimidating string I have ever used, loud crisp sound when making contact and seems to hold tension better than newer strings cause the mains and crosses cut into each other as a sign of wear and tear....

Newer strings that I have tried, Tec Gut Tour (GS88), Tec Gut Pro (GS80), Roots...wasn't a fan of Roots for some reason, though others really liked it, I will have to try it again, maybe my tension that I used was not good....TCT is the best Gosen string I have ever used, too bad I am a hack and it doesn't last that long....heehee, pro is a little more durable, but if I have a choice tour is the way to go....

AF

7. Dennis

Dennis Guest

I heard the newer string such as the Gosen Aermet suppose to be really awesome . I did not try thee Gosen roots srtings but I really like the Tec Gut tour because it was quite powerful and gives you a nice feel. Anyway, I was really interested to buy it in reels not by package since I found it too be much cheaper this way.