Mulyo Handoyo, Indonesian (world) best men single coach

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by stardust, Jun 5, 2006.

1. stardust

stardust Regular Member

I am wandering why Taufik loves Mulyo so much. I think he is the ONLY BEST PLAYER in the world that really respect and love one and only one coach. Taufik even dedicated the recent winning in IO to him and insisted that he is the best coach in pelatnas. A player like Taufik doesn't really have too much thing to improve and dont have to rely too much on the coach since he has been training for years and know what to do, but Taufik always want to follow Mulyo. What is Mulyo secret? why Taufik acts like that? whats your take?

#1 stardust, Jun 5, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2006
  2. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    A coach doesn't have a magic button to turn skills on, or off, at will. Trained players are developed over long periods of time; months, years. A coach will understand trained players' mindset, understand what motivates and pushes them. It's an intimate relationship.

If it's true Taufik "doesn't really have too much thing to improve" then we will see total domination by Taufik in a majority of competitions, which hasn't happen. Lin Dan dominates.

-dave

3. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Taufik needs to improve much on

"willing to go all out in all tournaments",
    "extreme fitness to endure 10 tournaments a year"

However he is unwilling to improve on them. Since winning 10 more open titles really would not add much to his reputation in badminton history. Any one knows how many open titles were under the belt of Alan B. Kusuma or Joko Suprianto? I guess very few knows or cares. For players like Zhao Jianhua or Park Joobong, even WC or Olympic titles are not that important, with or without these titles, they are still the best of the best in their era. As for Taufik, in such games like vs. Gade in Athens, vs. Lin Dan in WC, vs. Chen Hong in 03 Indo open, vs. BCL last week, he already exhibited the very best badminton performance we have seen these years. He really has no reason to care about the title for some blahblah open.

4. stardust

stardust Regular Member

I understand the intimate relationship between coaches and players, but in this case, it seems no other world badminton player act like Taufik, he definitely at least show it to the world that he appreciated what Mulyo has done for him. He even recently complained to PBSI telling that PBSI doesnt appreciate what Mulyo has done for him to be what he is right now (Olympic and World Champion).

So, you think Taufik has a lot of things to improve to be like Lin Dan? Come on....you know his net skill is better then LinDan, and personally I think if you can be in top ten or even twenty worlds, you are almost have the same skills, technique, stamina etc, the only difference might be a mental beside current conditions(injury etc). So really Taufik doesnt really have anything too much to improve.

5. newjazz

newjazz Regular Member

typist
    Lin dominates? as far as i remember, in year 2005 Lin won only few tournaments. Yes, he may be won more than any other players, but i dont think he dominates.

he lost in AE 2005 to CH
    he lost in SO 2005 semifinal to TH.
    he lost in MO 2005 to LCW.
    he lost in world champ to TH.

as far as i remember he won (2005) HO, CM (correct me if i m wrong).

this year he won AE but out in CM to PG.

but yes, he is indeed very good & consistent player, he always reach at least semifinal in every tournament.

as for Taufik, Rudi Hartono (as i read in Badminton Asia Mag first Edition) describe him as an artist, and play tournament depending on his mood (well, everyone knows about it :rolleyes:), and Misbun describe him as the most powerful player on court.
    anyway, everyone has their own opinion. ;)

6. *~Taufik~*

*~Taufik~* Regular Member

So did Mulyo really leave? Bacause he said he'll resign after Indonesia Open..