User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad
    ..but my guess is, INA/PBSI is expecting/hoping the MS & XD to win their ties and will bank on the MD as the deciding tie. But if that's the case, then pressure again will then be on none other than Taufik himself..If they fail, then Tony will probably "blame" it on Taufik..hehe
    chinese need only to win one of XD, MD or MS, the WS and WD is a give me (i hope i'm right)

i wonder who would tony pair up with since candra and halim are no longer in the team. Sigit, candra? Not much time to practice together
    Last edited by cooler; 01-07-2007 at 03:38 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Off topic-Only guarantee for CHN team is..

Quote Originally Posted by cooler
    chinese need only to win one of XD, MD or MS, the WS and WD is a give me (i hope i'm right)

i wonder who would tony pair up with since candra and halim are no longer in the team. Sigit, candra? Not much time to practice together
    ..a 2-0 advantage with their WS & WD field. The other 3 fields are up for grabs, IMO.. Personally, if Tony is "officially" on the squad, what i would ask of him to do is to motivate and put some fire under Taufik to train, focus and prepare for the SC(goodness, can't believe i'm suggesting those esp. for 1 of the top MS player in the circuit) .
    For Tony's partner, it'll be Candra. Plus the other 2 MD pairs.
    My hunch is, after reading his bios & knowing Tony's character, he(and Candra) will join the team, but will not compete. Rather will act in a "supervisory" and as "sparring" partners/players and let the younger MD pairs show their abilities(unless both pairs are injured).
    Last edited by ctjcad; 01-07-2007 at 03:51 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmm, it shows how much faith the pbsi has on their INA MD squads, They had to lure back someone that had 'retired' 2 years ago (+ candra had also retired from pbsi too) I bet the sweetener is very sweet indeed, keke, like:

pbsi: i'll give u what i had given to taufik
    MD: sweet, okay
    Last edited by cooler; 01-07-2007 at 03:51 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Off topic-That's true, it's almost like DESPERATION..

hmmm, it shows how much faith the pbsi has on their INA MD squads, They had to lure back someone that had 'retired' 2 years ago (+ candra had also retired from pbsi too) I bet the sweetener is very sweet indeed, keke, like:

pbsi: i'll give u what i had given to taufik
    MD: sweet, okay
    ..yeah, that's true abt PBSI's confidence in their 2 MD pairs...
    ..the only guarantees that Tony&Candra will get are mentioned in the article, which are:accommodation, transportation, monies etc.
    Whether getting what Taufik did when he won his big titles, that depends on whether they can bring back the SC or not..
    *Tony actually "retired" from PBSI about 5+ yrs. ago(end of 2001, beginning of 2002).
    Last edited by ctjcad; 01-07-2007 at 04:01 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

..yeah, that's true abt PBSI's confidence in their 2 MD pairs...
    ..the only guarantees that Tony&Candra will get are mentioned in the article, which are:accommodation, transportation, monies etc.
    Whether getting what Taufik did when he won his big titles, that depends on whether they can bring back the SC or not..
    *Tony actually "retired" from PBSI about 5+ yrs. ago(end of 2001, beginning of 2002).
    of course of course.
    i'm sure the big sweet LOLlipop is conditional to winning the SC
    wow, if TG wins the SC, what WBF titles left for him to win?
    Last edited by cooler; 01-07-2007 at 04:09 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Looking quickly..you're correct...

..as far as personal *major* badminton accomplishments go, yes, he's still missing the Sudirman Cup; as well as, correct me if i'm wrong, the Asian Games title..
    of course of course.
    i'm sure the big sweet LOLlipop is conditional to winning the SC
    wow, if TG wins the SC, what WBF titles left for him to win?
    ..perhaps the Super Series Grand Prix Finale @ yr's end(although he won the World Grand Prix Final in 1999 also with Candra)..hehe
    Last edited by ctjcad; 01-07-2007 at 04:58 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

..as far as personal badminton major accomplishments go, yes, he's still missing the Sudirman Cup; as well as, correct me if i'm wrong, the Asian Games title..

..perhaps the Super Series Grand Prix Finale @ yr's end(although he won the World Grand Prix Final in 1999 also with Candra)..hehe
    asian game isn't WBF sanctioned. Only diehard TH fans go berserk over that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Translated by bobonimut

Jakarta (SINDO) – The Indonesian Badminton Association General Chief Sutiyoso recalled back former national training centre doubles pair Tony Gunawan/Candra Wijaya.

Sutiyoso was prepared to pay for all expenses incurred by Tony who was now residing in the US to be under "red white flag" (Indonesia) once again. When met at his residence at bilangan Cibubur, East Jakarta, Sutiyoso, who was also the governor of Special District Jakarta, commented that PBSI (Indonesian Badminton Association) would recall back Tony/Candra to strengthen the Indonesia's squad at the Sudirman Cup at Glasgow, Scotland, 10–17 June.

According to "Bang Yos" (affectionate name of Sutiyoso), the procedural technical formalities were now under way to recall Tony to strengthen Indonesia's team. "We will recall back Tony/Candra. All preparation including accommodation costs, transportation and many more are currently being arranged. We will provide everything. I will settle all required expenses," said Sutiyoso yesterday.

The Sydney 2000 Olympics champion who partnered with Chandra Wijaya, according to "Bang Yos", has confirmed his readiness to represent Indonesia in the international events. As such, Tony who was now working in the finance field at the company that was manufacturing camera chips, Qwip Technology, at Orange County, Los Angeles, US, would return to Indonesia prior to the tournament's commencement.

According to "Bang Yos", eventhough the spouse of former member of Indonesian badminton training centre, Eti Tantri, was still contracted to the America Badminton Association till 2010, the contractual problem could be managed. For that, the president of Asian Badminton Confederation (ABC) revealed that Tony himself would settle the formalities to obtain approval to represent Indonesia. "Tony can guarantee the proper arrangement with the America Badminton Association," said "Bang Yos". (nur mekah/seputar-indonesia.com)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the translation.

Hmmm, TG had to wait 2 years? before he can represent the US. Doesn't TG now has to wait 2 years before he can represent INA?

If i was tony, i wouldn't accept the offer (well, i dunno all the offer details). What if TG/CW fail to win the SC? it would mar their great record to date. It's a big gamble. Maybe it's TH threat to pbsi, if INA has poor chance on other events, I wouldn't want to play hard for a lost cause. PBSI cave in to TH, again
    Last edited by cooler; 01-07-2007 at 10:00 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cooler, the offer must be very good...financially to make sense. TG probably figure the effort is worth the gamble, if TG win SC may equal many years of salary than working in a company...On the other side, WS, WD 99.9% guarantee win for CHN...MS, MD (if TG/CW play) and XD, INA may have some hope.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Thanks for the translation..& some comments..

Quote Originally Posted by babonimut
    Translated by bobonimut
    ..babonimut, appreciate again in helping with the translation
    *Side note & very minor, you mentioned "America Badminton Association", actually it's the USAB(USA Badminton)
    Hmmm, TG had to wait 2 years? before he can represent the US. Doesn't TG now has to wait 2 years before he can represent INA?
    (i'm combining cooler's & OneToughBirdie's posts in this post. A bit off topic, sorry)..
    Re the technicalities of Tony waiting to play for the U.S. and/or INA, i'm not too sure, but i believe he has a U.S. Green Card(Legal Immigration status). Which means, he still holds the INA passport, thus he can still play for INA.(I had mentioned earlier in this thread abt the "possible" bureaucracy procedure he might encounter in all these.
    If i was tony, i wouldn't accept the offer (well, i dunno all the offer details). What if TG/CW fail to win the SC? it would mar their great record to date. It's a big gamble. Maybe it's TH threat to pbsi, if INA has poor chance on other events, I wouldn't want to play hard for a lost cause. PBSI cave in to TH, again
    Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie
    Cooler, the offer must be very good...financially to make sense. TG probably figure the effort is worth the gamble, if TG win SC may equal many years of salary than working in a company...On the other side, WS, WD 99.9% guarantee win for CHN...MS, MD (if TG/CW play) and XD, INA may have some hope.
    Re whether he & Candra wins or fails in reclaiming the SC, well, personally it's up to him/them to give it a shot. I guess the acceptance shows Tony's & Candra's approval of the deal/bargain, at least on their end of the deal. Say, if they are to either win or lose, how much portion of that guaranteed money will be theirs to keep etc.?? But again, as i mentioned earlier in this thread, this move will be like a "player-for-hire" type of deal; a "one time and one shot deal" and after that he & Candra are free to do whatever they want.

In regards of monetary compensation or provisions go, sure the rewards might be worth the effort. However, from what i understand, i thought this is only for the Sudirman Cup appearance? Further, I don't think there's any mention abt Tony & Candra going back and joining Pelatnas full-time again, is there?? So, personally, i doubt any monetary compensation/provision will "equal many yrs of salary than working in a company". Although i've heard some small talks that the only way Tony will ever consider "playing" for INA again, is if PBSI is able to cover his living expenses in the U.S.
    Last edited by ctjcad; 01-08-2007 at 12:26 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

..babonimut, appreciate again in helping with the translation
    *Side note & very minor, you mentioned "America Badminton Association", actually it's the USAB(USA Badminton)

(i'm combining cooler's & OneToughBirdie's posts in this post. A bit off topic, sorry)..
    Re the technicalities of Tony waiting to play for the U.S. and/or INA, i'm not too sure, but i believe he has a U.S. Green Card(Legal Immigration status). Which means, he still holds the INA passport, thus he can still play for INA.(I had mentioned earlier in this thread abt the "possible" bureaucracy procedure he might encounter in all these.

Re whether he & Candra wins or fails in reclaiming the SC, well, personally it's up to him/them to give it a shot. I guess the acceptance shows Tony's & Candra's approval of the deal/bargain, at least on their end of the deal. Say, if they are to either win or lose, how much portion of that guaranteed money will be theirs to keep etc.?? But again, as i mentioned earlier in this thread, this move will be like a "player-for-hire" type of deal; a "one time and one shot deal" and after that he & Candra are free to do whatever they want.

In regards of monetary compensation or provisions go, sure the rewards might be worth the effort. However, from what i understand, i thought this is only for the Sudirman Cup appearance? Further, I don't think there's any mention abt Tony & Candra going back and joining Pelatnas full-time again, is there?? So, personally, i doubt any monetary compensation/provision will "equal many yrs of salary than working in a company". Although i've heard some small talks that the only way Tony will ever consider "playing" for INA again, is if PBSI is able to cover his living expenses in the U.S.
    i'm sure it's a contract deal, one time deal for TG/CW, pros for hire.
    One can say taufik is on permanent contract for certain projects.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re the technicalities of Tony waiting to play for the U.S. and/or INA, i'm not too sure, but i believe he has a U.S. Green Card(Legal Immigration status). Which means, he still holds the INA passport, thus he can still play for INA
    I thought there was a two year rule from WBF that stated you cannot represent a different country in Representative event (OG, WC, SC, TC) unless the last time you represented the previous country was over 2 years.

Not sure if TG played in TC 2006, but definitely played WC2005, so should be OK to represent in 2007.

I tink as someone mentioned however his role is likely to be a sparring role not representation, in which case he is OK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i guess the title has been changed already..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default TG's status..

Quote Originally Posted by jamesd20
    I thought there was a two year rule from WBF that stated you cannot represent a different country in Representative event (OG, WC, SC, TC) unless the last time you represented the previous country was over 2 years.

Not sure if TG played in TC 2006, but definitely played WC2005, so should be OK to represent in 2007.

I tink as someone mentioned however his role is likely to be a sparring role not representation, in which case he is OK.
    Re your 1st comment, i think you may be correct. However, i don't know the specific technicalities & how the BWF constituents apply to him "jumping" from competing for different countries.
    Re your 2nd comment, yes he did participate in last yr's Thomas Cup(w/ U.S. team). I believe he only won once or twice during the TC.
    Re your 3rd comment, hehe, yah, i mentioned abt that in this thread(page 2). Perhaps another poster mentioned the same thing??..If the deal was for him to be primarily a "sparring" or "supervisory" role and at the same time gets a pretty good financial deal, then i think it's a no- loss proposition on his part. Think of it as a "moonlighting" offer..hehe
    Last edited by ctjcad; 01-08-2007 at 11:36 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ctjcad, I thought it was you who mentioned about the sparring, but coudn't find the post when writing

If he played in TC2006 and that rule is still applicable, then he can't play in SC2007 then.

It seems likely to me that he will continue to travel between US and INA and spar/coach with both sides. This will allow INA young pairs to get international experience in tournaments and get quality sparring from one of the best ever.

Not sure how his non-badminton work will be affected by this though!

BTW: some posts have been moved from the TG Website thread

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Thanks for doing the translation..

Quote Originally Posted by *izzyc*
    Hey guys, this is the first time I'm doing a translation for an article in Bahasa Indonesia.
    "I will invite Tony to come back. This is as a preparation for the 2007 Sudirman Cup. Better if he is willing to stay on until the 2008 Thomas Cup.
    I'm confident Tony/Candra is able to join the main team," said Bang Yos after the tournament."
    Quote Originally Posted by Smichz
    i guess the title has been changed already..
    oops, i might've missed this one ..
    Anyways, appreciate your help in translating for us all and you did great in translating, *izzyC*!!(btw, are you Indonesian also?? )
    And yes, this article sounds like a pre-cursor or prophecy of what would happen....and in fact it did..
    Last edited by ctjcad; 01-08-2007 at 12:25 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast