User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 35 to 51 of 51
  1. #35
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Appreciate for organizing the posts..

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesd20
    ctjcad, I thought it was you who mentioned about the sparring, but coudn't find the post when writing

    If he played in TC2006 and that rule is still applicable, then he can't play in SC2007 then.

    It seems likely to me that he will continue to travel between US and INA and spar/coach with both sides. This will allow INA young pairs to get international experience in tournaments and get quality sparring from one of the best ever.

    Not sure how his non-badminton work will be affected by this though!

    BTW: some posts have been moved from the TG Website thread
    Re the "sparring", yah, it was mentioned in my post above, #19
    Re abt him traveling back and forth and how his new schedule is shaping out, at least for this yr, yah, i also mentioned abt that in my other post here:http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ad.php?t=38806 (post#10). Which i think was in the original Tony Gunawan's Website thread.
    *jamesd20, thanks again for arranging and putting the posts where they belong. I actually wanted to create another thread when i posted the article but thought i'd just post them in the TG Website thread(as it relates to him).
    Last edited by ctjcad; 01-08-2007 at 01:55 PM.

  2. #36
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Looks like it's (almost) a NO-GO for Tony to play for INA..

    ...hmm, just found this article from the bulutangkis.com portal(story taken from antara.com)...
    This is the latest news abt Tony joining the INA team again, and the chance now is a very slim one..
    For those of you who want to know what is/are the reason(s), well, gotta ask a BC member to help with the translation..So, anyone(who understands Indonesian) willing to help us in translating is much appreciated?(ie. indra, babonimut, Krisna, ssuly, DoublesPlayers, vabeel)..thanks in advance-
    http://bulutangkis.com/mod.php?mod=p...25f03e41ddb36c
    ================================================== ========
    Kecil Kemungkinan Tony Bela Indonesia
    Oleh admin
    Rabu, 31-Januari-2007, 08:15:25 90 klik

    Jakarta (Analisa) - Keinginan PB PBSI untuk kembali diperkuat juara Olimpiade 2000, Tony Gunawan tampaknya sangat kecil kemungkinannya untuk terwujud, mengingat pemain spesialis ganda itu sudah dikontrak Asosiasi Bulutangkis Amerika serikat (USBA) hingga 2010.

    Jakarta (Analisa) - Keinginan PB PBSI untuk kembali diperkuat juara Olimpiade 2000, Tony Gunawan tampaknya sangat kecil kemungkinannya untuk terwujud, mengingat pemain spesialis ganda itu sudah dikontrak Asosiasi Bulutangkis Amerika serikat (USBA) hingga 2010.

    ''Saya pribadi agak pesimis untuk bisa mengambil Tony pulang ke Indonesia, meski Tony sendiri menyatakan masih siap membantu Indonesia,'' ujar Ketua Bidang Luar Negeri PB PBSI G Sulistiyanto di Jakarta, Selasa.

    Sulistiyanto yang selama ini aktif menghubungi berbagai pihak termasuk USBA mengatakan, pihak USBA telah menyampaikan jawaban yang isinya menyebutkan Tony masih terikat kontrak hingga 2010.

    ''Sehingga mereka keberatan jika Tony membela Indonesia karena sebelumnya ia telah membela AS di Piala Thomas tahun lalu,'' jelas Sulistiyanto.

    Namun, USBA tidak keberatan jika pihak Indonesia (PBSI) memenuhi dua persyaratan yakni ketentuan Federasi Bulutangkis Dunia (WBF) yang menyebutkan bahwa seorang pemain dapat membela negara lain setidaknya setelah tiga tahun ia membela suatu negara.

    Berdasarkan aturan tersebut Tony yang saat ini sudah berusia 31 tahun itu baru bisa main untuk Indonesia pada 2009. (Antara.co.id)
    Last edited by ctjcad; 02-01-2007 at 05:37 PM.

  3. #37
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    150
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Source: http://bulutangkis.com/mod.php?mod=p...25f03e41ddb36c
    Translated by babonimut

    Slim chance in Tony representing Indonesia
    By admin
    Wednesday, 31-January-2007, 08:15:25 90 klik

    Jakarta (Analisa) - PB PBSI's wish to have the 2000 Olympics gold medalist, Tony Gunawan, back to beef up its squad seemed far from reality, bearing in mind that the double specialist has been contracted by the United States Badminton Association (USBA) till 2010.

    "I am personally a little pessimistic to be able to bring Tony back to Indonesia, eventhough Tony himself has stated that he is still ready to help Indonesia," said the Indonesian Badminton Association's chief of foreign affairs sector G Sulistiyanto at Jakarta, Tuesday.

    Sulistiyanto who had been actively contacting various parties including USBA said that USBA had conveyed its reply which stated that Tony was still contracted till 2010.

    "Hence, they disapprove if Tony were to represent Indonesia because he had previously represented the US at the Thomas Cup last year," explained Sulistiyanto.

    However, USBA did not object if PBSI fulfilled two terms that is the World Badminton Federation regulation which stated that a player could represent other country only if he or she had represented a country after three years.

    According to the ruling, Tony, now aged 31 years old, was only able to play for Indonesia in 2009. (Antara.co.id)

  4. #38
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default ^^Thanks for the translation..^^

    ..before i forget, babonimut, thanks again for helping us with the translation..

  5. #39
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Latest news on Tony..

    ...from a friend(who attended the housewarming), is that Tony & Eti have bought a new house in West Covina area, L.A....Looks like they are settling down in the U.S...

  6. #40
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by babonimut View Post
    Source: http://bulutangkis.com/mod.php?mod=p...25f03e41ddb36c
    Translated by babonimut

    Slim chance in Tony representing Indonesia
    By admin
    Wednesday, 31-January-2007, 08:15:25 90 klik

    Jakarta (Analisa) - PB PBSI's wish to have the 2000 Olympics gold medalist, Tony Gunawan, back to beef up its squad seemed far from reality, bearing in mind that the double specialist has been contracted by the United States Badminton Association (USBA) till 2010.

    "I am personally a little pessimistic to be able to bring Tony back to Indonesia, eventhough Tony himself has stated that he is still ready to help Indonesia," said the Indonesian Badminton Association's chief of foreign affairs sector G Sulistiyanto at Jakarta, Tuesday.

    Sulistiyanto who had been actively contacting various parties including USBA said that USBA had conveyed its reply which stated that Tony was still contracted till 2010.

    "Hence, they disapprove if Tony were to represent Indonesia because he had previously represented the US at the Thomas Cup last year," explained Sulistiyanto.

    However, USBA did not object if PBSI fulfilled two terms that is the World Badminton Federation regulation which stated that a player could represent other country only if he or she had represented a country after three years.

    According to the ruling, Tony, now aged 31 years old, was only able to play for Indonesia in 2009. (Antara.co.id)
    not a surprise at all, Indo players runnng away from pbsi and making new life elsewhere, tony in US, ardy in canada, candra in japan (for now), rexy in MAL, mia in netherland. Even TH has his door slightly opened with the klrc. I see more and more ex-indo players in ontario too working with new clubs over there.

  7. #41
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,346
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ...from a friend(who attended the housewarming), is that Tony & Eti have bought a new house in West Covina area, L.A....Looks like they are settling down in the U.S...
    congrats Tony & Eti for the new house purchase!

    yes. living is much better in the US. Tony is 31 already and he has won all possible tournaments that most ppl can only dream of, i don't see what incentive he has to go back and play for INA.

  8. #42
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default A small typo..

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    congrats Tony & Eti for the new house purchase!

    yes. living is much better in the US. Tony is 31 already and he has won all possible tournaments that most ppl can only dream of, i don't see what incentive he has to go back and play for INA.
    ..oops, sorry, didn't intend to write "'new' house"...I'm not sure if it's new or not, but it's a house, nonetheless..

  9. #43
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,346
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..oops, sorry, didn't intend to write "'new' house"...I'm not sure if it's new or not, but it's a house, nonetheless..
    haha. it is new to Tony and Eti, and that's what matters.

    and after the house, the only natural progression will be kids. their lucky kids will have some amazingly good badminton genes.

  10. #44
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,302
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Kwun,

    Did you say Tony lives a few minutes' drive from your place ?

  11. #45
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,346
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete LSD View Post
    Kwun,

    Did you say Tony lives a few minutes' drive from your place ?
    yes. from my place (Santa Clara) to Tony's place (West Covina) is just around 318mins according to Yahoo Maps.

  12. #46
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Hmm..

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    yes. from my place (Santa Clara) to Tony's place (West Covina) is just around 318mins according to Yahoo Maps.
    ..yeah, it's just around the neighborhood...

  13. #47
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,302
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Me bad! It's exam time so crap happens . It's Master NGP who lives a few minutes' drive from Tony.

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    yes. from my place (Santa Clara) to Tony's place (West Covina) is just around 318mins according to Yahoo Maps.

  14. #48
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,158
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ...from a friend(who attended the housewarming), is that Tony & Eti have bought a new house in West Covina area, L.A....Looks like they are settling down in the U.S...
    Yes, Tony purchased a house in West Covina. West Covina is about 7 miles east of SGVBC, San Gabriel Valley, which about 15 miles east of Los Angeles.

  15. #49
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,346
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot View Post
    Yes, Tony purchased a house in West Covina. West Covina is about 7 miles east of SGVBC, San Gabriel Valley, which about 15 miles east of Los Angeles.
    7 miles distance in LA area is also going to take around 318mins.

  16. #50
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    5,436
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    after the house, the only natural progression will be kids. their lucky kids will have some amazingly good badminton genes.
    I can see the thread now:

    "Who has the best badminton Genes-Kim and Ra or Tony and Eti"


  17. #51
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesd20 View Post
    I can see the thread now:

    "Who has the best badminton Genes-Kim and Ra or Tony and Eti"

    u mean a new thread
    don't forget these pairs:

    - lin dan & XXF
    - susi susanti & alan budi K.
    - sun jun & gei fe
    - chen hong & ku pei ting

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Similar Threads

  1. Tony Gunawan
    By Cheung in forum Professional Players
    Replies: 61
    : 11-18-2011, 09:43 AM
  2. chandra/tony play as indonesia team
    By taufik-ist in forum Indonesia Open 2006 / Philippine Open 2006
    Replies: 25
    : 06-07-2006, 06:45 AM
  3. Tony Gunawan!!!
    By Emmanuelle in forum Professional Players
    Replies: 10
    : 08-25-2005, 10:45 AM
  4. Tony Gunawan won't play against Indonesia
    By ray in forum Thomas/Uber Cups 2004
    Replies: 1
    : 05-07-2004, 02:52 AM
  5. Tony Gunawan
    By |R|S in forum General Forum
    Replies: 31
    : 07-01-2002, 05:34 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •