Need Racquet Recommendations!

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by xeodragon, Jun 10, 2006.

1. xeodragon

xeodragon Regular Member

Hey guys, i've decided to upgrade from a very cheap racquet that i've been using casually. I would really appreciate any recommendations you guys may have.

Description - 5'11, tall, slim, long reach
    Level - Average (I can do basic smashing, clearing, drop shots, blocking some smashes, etc)
    Price - 50~ Canadian
    Singles/Doubles - Either
    Type - Overall (but I enjoy smashing :) )

I've been looking at some models at SportChek and Sport Mart and Brown's. Here are some general prices of some racquets I've been looking at:

Yonex MP 23 - $70 (kind of expensive)
    Yonex Iso 75 MF - $60 (lacks power?)
    Yonex Iso 53 MF - $50
    Yonex Iso 43 MF - $50
    Yonex Iso 30 VF - $30
    Yonex Iso 30 (no more details provided) - $40
    Yonex Carbonex 8200 Light - $50 (lacks power?)
    Black Knight Carbo-Knight - $70 (sportchek might have for cheaper)

Thanks for your help!

2. george333

george333 Regular Member

Associate Director
    Carlton

Hi xeodragon, first, welcome to badmintoncentral. Might I suggest a racket that is not on the list? Since you are in Canada, maybe you could check out the Carlton Airblade Lite from Canadian Tire, I know it is a strange place to buy a decent racket, but the rackets you mentioned at least the Yonex ones are priced higher than their worth. I find that a $70 Yonex racket is comparable to another brands' $50 racket. So with that in mind, I suggest the Carlton Ariblade Lite priced at $49.99. If you wait another few weeks, you will save 49 cents, you know after the GST being reduced by 1 percent:D. Oh, the Carlton is oval in headshape, headlight, 86 grams in weight and I feel has great power. I can compare the Yonex MP 23 with the Airblade Lite, which are about the same, because I own both. The Airblade is also faster, with an aerodynamic frame.
    gyang333

3. jwcdis

jwcdis Regular Member

Student
    Hi im looking for a poor man's version of a AT 700 or 800OF wondering if anyone can name me some rackets that are similar to it. The selection in my area is Black Knight, Yonex, Carlton, Gosen, Wilson, Prince, Pro Kennex and Yang Yang
    Thanks

4. xeodragon

xeodragon Regular Member

hey thanks for the recommendation. ya i've read some posts about the carlton airblade lite, ill look into it. as for the 2nd post, u really dont need to steal my thread dude.

5. jwcdis

jwcdis Regular Member

Student
    sorry man i didn't want to spam another thread under the same topic y0

6. Stingy

Stingy Regular Member

I'll second that Carlton Airblade. My friend had one made of aluminum all throughout that he got for about $50-$70. It still cut the air better than any Yonex in the same price range.