User Tag List

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BingoB
    The 4th badminton centre in Richmond is going to open in September. It is about the size of Clear1 (with 6 courts) and is less than 3 min walk from RichmondPro (Minoru/Alderbridge). I think Richmond is the only city in Canada/North America that has so many badminton centres and courts.
    Where is this one? I don't think Richmond is able to substain all four locations but I may be wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my coach(who is presumably opening it) told me it was going to be behind tim hortons ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wwcbro
    wonder, if viver,taneepak,chai et al...are going to hijack this thread now

Pete_LSD, way to go..playing with plastic birds.
    You are just a wizard. How did you know I would come here?

I haven't played this 21x3. In the past in our training sessions I played:
    - 15x3, server score;
    - 15x3, rally score (similar to 21x3);
    - 15x3, 1 using server score and another rally score; etc...

I think the 21x3 is not much different than the 15x3, rally score. Personally I did not like it at all. It just has to do with my playing style. In this type of game I had the most trouble against the guys that were fast with very good smashes but not so good at placement shots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Now now, let's keep this topic off this thread .

Quote Originally Posted by viver
    You are just a wizard. How did you know I would come here?

I haven't played this 21x3. In the past in our training sessions I played:
    - 15x3, server score;
    - 15x3, rally score (similar to 21x3);
    - 15x3, 1 using server score and another rally score; etc...

I think the 21x3 is not much different than the 15x3, rally score. Personally I did not like it at all. It just has to do with my playing style. In this type of game I had the most trouble against the guys that were fast with very good smashes but not so good at placement shots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You should start a new thread instead of cutting off the RichmondPro one.

The 4th badminton centre in Richmond is going to open in September. It is about the size of Clear1 (with 6 courts) and is less than 3 min walk from RichmondPro (Minoru/Alderbridge). I think Richmond is the only city in Canada/North America that has so many badminton centres and courts.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete LSD
    Now now, let's keep this topic off this thread .
    No problem at all . I was just letting WWCBRO know that I wasn't that unfamiliar with this system

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You should start a new thread instead of cutting off the RichmondPro one.
    Pete LSD, mind your own business. I have some reasons I don't want to start a new thread. At the moment I just want people to know there will be another new badminton centre coming soon. As you may have noticed, the name of this thread is "New Badminton Centre, Richmond BC" and I did not write anything off this topic. If you are not happy with this information, turn your eyes away from it. It's your privilege not to see it, but it is also my privilege to write wherever I want.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pete LSD, mind your own business. I have some reasons I don't want to start a new thread. At the moment I just want people to know there will be another new badminton centre coming soon. As you may have noticed, the name of this thread is "New Badminton Centre, Richmond BC" and I did not write anything off this topic. If you are not happy with this information, turn your eyes away from it. It's your privilege not to see it, but it is also my privilege to write wherever I want.
    Hi BingoB

I think PeteLSD is only echoing the common courtesy of Badminton Central protocol of not hijacking someone else's thread. If you don't mind, please start up a new thread and we can keep discussions on both these facilities separate. Thanks
    mb

Burnaby...and girls, don't PM SmashingBird, PM me instead..heh
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TTT and Speed78 have cameras. Photos were taken. Please post the photos!!!
    Here's some pics...hopefully it gives people and idea about the environment there!

Name:  pic.JPG
Views: 355
Size:  64.4 KB

Name:  pic2.JPG
Views: 362
Size:  88.3 KB

Name:  pic3.JPG
Views: 356
Size:  77.6 KB

Name:  pic4.JPG
Views: 375
Size:  64.5 KB

Burnaby...and girls, don't PM SmashingBird, PM me instead..heh
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The name of this subforum is RicmondPro Badminton Centre.
    We don't know your reasons of posting in this thread of this particular forum, so people will have to use our own interpretation and inferences, whether they are good or bad.

Oh ya, Pete LSD has the same "privilege" as you do. He can respond to your posting bascially any way he wants (subject to profanity I guess ). Hope you recognize that. Also, posting information in public and then telling people to mind their own business...does it make sense to you? You wanted to get the word out right...but don't you want some feedback though?

Oh by the way, there are moderators in this forum. So no, you can't really write whatever and wherever you want.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BingoB,

Let me give you some suggestion, buddy.

The best thing in BC/BF is, the mods tend to give us a lot of freedom in discussion, instead of using rather robust/over-strict rules. There's no need to use a lawyer-like statement to argue about a word or a title. Whatever your intention is, it seems not-accpetable by a lot of other members in the forum, including me. If you want to introduce something new, it's always welcome to share. However, intentionally hijack other threads, it's not acceptable any time.

What do you mean by you can write whatever you want? Can I just drive the cars like zip-zap on the road, and claim, since it belongs to the public, I can do whatever I want, and others can't even complain?

Give you some advice. If you want to make friends here, rather than being the public enemy, please behave. We welcome different ideas, but we don't accept mis-behaved manners. If you want to against such rules, and still go for your "boundless freedom", the BingoB user name will be disappear very soon, I suppose...

Good luck...
    Last edited by LazyBuddy; 07-09-2006 at 11:28 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TTT
    Here's some pics...hopefully it gives people and idea about the environment there!

Great to see so many BF buddies around! I will book this place, for my next trip in vancouver for sure.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy
    Great to see so many BF buddies around! I will book this place, for my next trip in vancouver for sure.
    next time if i am in town, let BC rent the whole gym for all BC members to enjoy a few hours of badminton.... (erm... hopefully at a discounted rate... )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

unfortunately i cant rly see wut the place rly looks like from the pics XD. guess i'll just have to go check it out myself

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wing-omega5-0
    unfortunately i cant rly see wut the place rly looks like from the pics XD. guess i'll just have to go check it out myself
    Middle picture - taken from the central waiting area shows the main entrance and 5 courts on the left (side to side) and 2 courts on the right (end to end) plus the pro-shop, change-rooms, & weight room on the far right.

Second to last pic - taken from the central waiting area shows the last eight courts (4 each on left and right).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, you guys are so lucky. You get to play on carpet floor. In case any of you come Downunder and wanted to play baddy, make sure you put on extra pad for you shoes or wear double socks. We only play on cement floor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks good then. the only thing i'd be concerned about is the waiting area. doesnt look like theres much to do but rot in a tiny space while ur waiting to go on(during a drop-in).

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast