User Tag List

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The place looks good. If really nitpicking, may be for court 6 and 7, the sideline is a little bit closer to the wall then usual. But just like the distance between the baseline and backwall, it's mostly psychological. As madbad told me, it may actually be a good thing, since you can use the sidewall as a reference to judge whether the birdy will go out or not.
    Last edited by doublewings; 07-10-2006 at 12:39 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't worry, you won't rot in the waiting space . More pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks to all who dropped by today–many familiar faces, some of whom we have not seen for a while and a few BC forummers (such a thing?). We took quite a few bookings and generally, there was an encouraging amount of interest. See you all soon.

mb

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

custom floor mats!? very nice.

the lighting looks very promsing. how does it pan out in real play?

very nicely done. congratulations.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun
    custom floor mats!? very nice.

the lighting looks very promsing. how does it pan out in real play?

very nicely done. congratulations.
    Well, everyone has a different opinion on how it plays. Some say it feels really comfortable and is quite responsive while others feel it's a little smooth. Best for you to come up and test it out yourself . If you see a first class ticket to Vancouver in your mailbox, it means I've won the lottery and you're our official VIP court tester

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy
    Great to see so many BF buddies around! I will book this place, for my next trip in vancouver for sure.
    We await you with more torture instruments

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun
    next time if i am in town, let BC rent the whole gym for all BC members to enjoy a few hours of badminton.... (erm... hopefully at a discounted rate... )
    If we have such a chance to get a big gathering, please count me in. Actually, last night i was talking with several local players (including BFers as well), about the next year Vancouver trip. They were all excited about all the new gyms.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madbad
    We await you with more torture instruments
    The next van trip is surely in plan. I got quite a few requests from local badminton players to hook them up with the van gangs. I am sure frendies also spread the word around in MTRL as well. So, don't be surprised that the next visit become an "invasion from the East".

For some personal reason, I might need to book more site-seeing, shopping and hiking activities, rathern than 24/7 baddy battles, if I do come with the group. However, I will definitely sqeeuze some time, and go for the torture sessions in various sites. Plus, never count me (or us) out in FOOD parties.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're off and running! After a first couple of quiet-ish days, we had a decent turnout today (Tues). The evening was good with the Richmond Badminton Club gang showing up in force. Winex West Canada poked his head in to check out the proceedings and have a chat. Yesterday, Mr. Mystery hung around for a while–bring your racket next time! . On Sunday Doublewings and Jeepu visited us.

I don't know all you BC Forum rats so when you drop by, please identify yourselves (that's an order! ). It's always good to put a face to the name.

Finally some fun pics from tonight + our logo
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madbad
    We're off and running! After a first couple of quiet-ish days, we had a decent turnout today (Tues). The evening was good with the Richmond Badminton Club gang showing up in force. Winex West Canada poked his head in to check out the proceedings and have a chat. Yesterday, Mr. Mystery hung around for a while–bring your racket next time! . On Sunday Doublewings and Jeepu visited us.

I don't know all you BC Forum rats so when you drop by, please identify yourselves (that's an order! ). It's always good to put a face to the name.

Finally some fun pics from tonight + our logo
    Wow, seems the place is well packed. Great start, and I am sure more ppl will show up once the words are well spread. Just make sure I pre-ordered a court for next visit. Errrr... Next June?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FYI...the player in the pics with the black long pants is SmashingBird and the rest are from the RBC but don't frequent BC/BF.

Madbad was the bouncer last evening

BTW, the group that I play with for the summer is switching from C2 to RBP starting next week. Viver...please note that in case Teresa didn't manage to get hold of you unless you are still injured.

Oh, I also should mention that RBP will also have Winex products available soon...
    Last edited by Winex West Can; 07-12-2006 at 07:53 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winex West Can
    FYI...the player in the pics with the black long pants is SmashingBird and the rest are from the RBC but don't frequent BC/BF.

BTW, the group that I play with for the summer is switching from C2 to RBP starting next week. Viver...please note that in case Teresa didn't manage to get hold of you unless you are still injured.

Oh, I also should mention that RBP will also have Winex products available soon...
    Good, now I know who Smashingbird is. Will be good to have your group over starting next week.

Actually, I was a very gentle bouncer, nothing remotely close to what they teach at the Zinedine Zindane school of bouncing.

We also racked our brains on how to use our initials and we settled for PRO. So in the future, you don't have to write the whole name out; just use PRO.
    Last edited by madbad; 07-12-2006 at 08:08 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

those blue sections on the yellow columns, are they padded?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler
    those blue sections on the yellow columns, are they padded?
    Yup, they're padding

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks WWC, haven't heard about this yet. This is good, another place to tryout, hopefully no water dripping to the courts here.

Quote Originally Posted by Winex West Can

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow .... pretty nice place .... reminds me of Smash City in Milpitas .... if you guys don't mind .... how much money was needed to set up the place? you can PM me if you want. there should be a gym like this in the NJ/NY area!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Viver,

Teresa will be out of town for 3 weeks. Make sure you know the address of Richmond Pro. You can get the info here or ask Madbad. Let him know what time you'll be there and he'll roll out the red carpet for you.

KK

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast