User Tag List

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I am just speaking from the point of potential liability, forseen and unforseen.

If you have time why not come to VRC on Wed and Sat evening to try out the courts.

Quote Originally Posted by STRING
    Pete LSD, I think you are the type of player who can hit the shuttle but don't know what badminton is all about. An average badminton player know where/when to hit. You don't hit the shuttle if it is going out just for the sake of hitting. I was one of the players invited to test the court. The place is perfectly designed for badminton. All the players gave good feedback when I was there. I think you have to seriously review your playing style. No body in their right mind will slam their body to the wall. The distance between the back line to the wall is more than 4 feet. Only players who intend to hurt themselves will intentionally slam their body to the wall. I hope you are not one of them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

four feet?

Too little space. Anyone who has seen me go back for my big scissor kick smash in coubles knows I tend to land behind the court.

I've played a in a couple gyms with only 3-5 feet behind the court. Not only is it a physical limitation, it also plays psychologically. Soon as you get near the back of the court, you tend to leave shuttles that are in for fear of hitting your racquet.

Will still check it out when I'm there in August.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete LSD
    I am just speaking from the point of potential liability, forseen and unforseen.
    but why bother with that concern, when it's not your own business? i'm sure the business owners have taken those possibilities into consideration. if you happen to sit on the sideline and you get your face smoked then worry about it. in the meantime, this is another good badminton facility for a district that definitely can support these clubs!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Exactly, why should I bother with it ? Oh wait, I am taking a course about business law. The five steps of cooking up a tort sure sounds fun .

Quote Originally Posted by badrad
    but why bother with that concern, when it's not your own business? i'm sure the business owners have taken those possibilities into consideration. if you happen to sit on the sideline and you get your face smoked then worry about it. in the meantime, this is another good badminton facility for a district that definitely can support these clubs!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete LSD
    Exactly, why should I bother with it ? Oh wait, I am taking a course about business law. The five steps of cooking up a tort sure sounds fun .
    but not as fun as cooking up tort-ure...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badrad
    but not as fun as cooking up tort-ure...
    i'm sure the infamous badrad would know.....luckily i've only HEARD of his torture sessions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have not seen the place yet (hopefully sometime before they open) but I understand that there will be no on allow to sit along the back wall. The sitting/waiting area is in the middle of the facility so I would assume that the owners/operators will request people to move to the sitting/waiting area when not playing. Not ideal but better safe than sorry.

As for the distance, 4 ft is probably cutting it close. Regulation court requires 5 feet between courts and 8 feet between end to end courts. Only time will tell if 4 ft is enough to prevent some players from destroying their racquets or bodies

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Opening date Sat 8 July

Hi everyone

I have just returned from the badminton centre and this is what's in store. We hope to open for play on Saturday 8 July, but is subject to final inspection on Weds. Please call 604-231-0999 to confirm. If it's a go, times of operation are from 9am - 11 pm. I will post a confirmation after the inspection.

We're really pushing hard to have things completed and hopefully, we won't have to answer the oft asked question "When are you opening?" anymore. . For all those who have dropped by for a sneak peak or for a tryout session, thank you for all the feedback. I think generally, the centre has been received positively. For those on BC discussing the distance between courts, etc, let me assure no one was hurt during these trials (or close to being injured . Anyway we've done what we can to fit the courts within the dimension of the buidling and yet make them playable.

Coaching and camps will begin shortly after the opening. Please call the centre at the above number if you're interested or simply drop by. We are still building our website and there are many pics that need to be taken for it. The nuts and bolts are in place though.

To book a court, please call 604-231-0999 or once again, drop by. Please be patient as I'm sure there will be an initial rush. Herer's the summer playing schedule:
    - drop-in 9am -12 noon $4.50/session. we have 5 courts reserved for drop-ins at first and will adjust according to demand
    - rentals 12 noon - 11pm $16/hr.

INTRODUCTORY SPECIAL
    Purchase a 12 x 1 hr session card for $168.00.
    Works out to about $14/hr! Now, that's a great deal!
    This special will run for 1 month and you have 6 months to use up your card from the day of purchase. I suggest for everyone to stock up

Well, we're rounding the final corner but there is still work to be done. We're trying to enjoy the process but come Saturday we hope you'll all drop by to help us feel better about it. Please introduce yourselves to us using your BC name (you can ask for me, madbad). Those who already know me, don't be smart asses!

Oh, nearly forgot–please park in the back. We have a parking lot there and that's where the main entrance is. Unfortunately, your car will be towed if you park in the front.

Till the next report
    mb
    Last edited by madbad; 07-03-2006 at 09:38 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

congratulations on the new club ..... any plans of opening one in New Jersey?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

great. sadly i wont be able to see what the drop-in is like until august(summer school and all). i'll be interested to hear about how the camps and coaching will work though. i'd like to see the coaching methods that are used, the times, the level of play, how to sort the people in the lessons, etc etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just want to make sure the "drop-in 9am -12 noon " as Mon to Sun? or??

Can't wait to see the place
    Wish you guys can open the center sooner

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JCCEE
    Just want to make sure the "drop-in 9am -12 noon " as Mon to Sun? or??

Can't wait to see the place
    Wish you guys can open the center sooner
    Drop ins will be M-F 9 am-noon. Thanks for picking that up.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The latest news is that we have a second inspection scheduled for Fri am as a result of the initial Weds inspection. Naturally, the opening date will depend on the outcome. As things stand I suspect the chances of us opening on Saturday are slim. Please check again for further updates or call 604-231-0999. Thank you all for your patience.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tonight we had the VRC bunch and the Cambie Weds night lot drop by for a sneak peak & play. I hope you all had a good time and are positive about the facility. WinexWestCanada was here too (finally ). Spread the news! I thought the atmosphere was great and there was a great deal of interaction between everyone. Three of our coaches were present too to hand out a few "spankings". Thank God I was too tired to play against them.

Over the last 2 weeks we have had a ton of enquiries and we thank everyone for their interest. We hope to be able to accomodate you for the days/time slots you requested. Thanks again, everyone

mb

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

still looking forward to see how the camp and coaching is gonna be done.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wing-omega5-0
    still looking forward to see how the camp and coaching is gonna be done.
    The "boss" was taking care of some of the scheduling issues this evening. Hope to be able to report something on that soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Friday Morning@@ ..I would love to come ^^
    What time What time~~?

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast