Mixed Doubles Ladder Night...

Discussion in 'Vancouver Racquets Club' started by wonger47, Jun 13, 2006.

1. wonger47

wonger47 Regular Member

Student
    Any ladies willing to partner with me for vrc mixed doubles ladder nights on thursdays 8-10pm? I am an alright player i suppose...my fav. game is mxd...so yeah...plz! anyone?:p

2. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    I'll try to ask speed78 to pair you up with someone. I'll introduce you to her next time everyone's at VRC.

-dave

3. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    As I told Dave earlier, it is hard to find female partners at VRC for the mxied double night :D. We should recruit a few from CA :cool:.

4. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Or, recruit me as a backup when i am in town. :p All you need to is to donate a skirt for me. :D I am pretty sure, opponents (as well as entire gym) not willing to open their eyes. :D :D :D

5. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Hey Wonger,

If you're really determine to find mixed doubles partners, you might wanna making some phone calls. The members' directory is specifically for that purpose alone. Woodchuck was kind enough to ask me and others if we knew any ladies interested, unfortunately we don't.

BTW, it's very gutsy of you to go into the mixed ladders. Unlike the Monday Doubles ladders, the participants in the mixed ladders are pretty strong mix with some provincial level players and very experienced tourney players. You better be able to hold more than your own if you're gonna keep a regular partner cuz either they'll embarass the heck of you or totally destroy you. I doubt any lady would take kindly to constant lifts from her partner:D. Best of luck!

6. Softhands

Softhands Regular Member

About the ladder, which teams are good???

7. 15Love

15Love Regular Member

software developer, lab tech
    those would be the teams at the top of the ladder;)

8. mercy

mercy Regular Member

rofl on top of the ladder oo good one pshh lol nice sense of humor lol

hey u guys are seniors rite? mhh why are some seniors ass's id just like to ask lol i got these lady with fat asses try to purposfully chase us off every court lol some "adults" stoped playing and didnt wanna play and they find it is their job to try to keep them on the court so juniors cant play and when they hit a birdy onto our court i pass it to them they return it without thanks even though i reapeatly look at her and say u welcome wow talk about attituide ^^

ermm sorry for that but i didnt wanna start a thread for it lol just wonddering i know you pay more but comon human ethics i swear next time a adult walks on to the court in a middle of a intense game i probably wont see him and hit him real hard lol ;) just kidding but u get me

9. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Why not come out on Wed and Sat night? Our group consists of younger folks. Thu's mixed-ladder hardcores are very competitive and don't joke around in the middle of the games.

10. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Mercy's probably a junior, so he might not be able to join us in the late night. Just to let everyone know, members do have the right to check ID and make sure that VRC-- a private club -- doesn't become another public drop-in community center. Key reason being that every members paid ($300~$800)alot more than drop-in fees ($10/drop-in) and thus are entitled to relative less crowded courts. Juniors didn't have to pay much (or not at all) so for them to ask for equal entitlement is abit much. I myself won't want to come to a 24/7 facility only to have to compete for courts with kids all the time. It's already crowded as it is on certain days.

For drop-in guests, they should adhere to the club's rules even if they're not members. Members could kick them off the court and the club if they find their behaviour less than satisfactory. Not that we do this on a routine basis cuz not everyone wants to be an ass-hole, but there are some who do take it upon themselves to check strangers out.

#10 cappy75, Jul 21, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2006
  11. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    just do that one time, you will be garanteed to be banned from the VRC forever. it doesn't happen often, but there are people that have permanent ban from the club.