Vicotr Rakcets,Dual Pipe,Magan vs Nanotech

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by yamhill, Jun 13, 2006.

1. yamhill

yamhill Regular Member

Student
  2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I don't think the dual pipe tech. is unique for Victor. I was told Pro-Kennex has their own models as well. ;)

3. Aymara

Aymara Regular Member

Hi Yamhill,

I was also highly interested in this racket and already held it in my hands ... felt great.

But the dealer advised against it. He told me that the ATB technolgy has a great week point ... he told of a test, his brother (a trainer) and a few pros did on several of this ATB 6500, the frame often broke besides the bridge when doing hard smashes or net clashes.

I'm not shure, if that story is really true, but that dealer has a good reputation in the badminton scene in our region, so I opted for a Babolat racket instead.

4. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Are we talking about the "dual pipe" or "ATB"? :cool:

5. Aymara

Aymara Regular Member

The original question was about dual pipe and mangan rackets, but the example was the ATB 6500, so I thought, it might be of interest, what the dealer told me.

6. yamhill

yamhill Regular Member

Student
    I see

yes i see in my club the most told be that vicot brokes too often, and yonex are much stabeler

7. Aymara

Aymara Regular Member

All models or only the ATB models?

8. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Agree. My bad... More reviews, the better it will be. ;)

9. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    The only thing I listen to from salesman them are specification facts about a product. Apart from that, I do not listen to anything else they say. Listening to a saleman's recommendation is just like listen to the defense lawyer of a guilty criminal; he says what suits him best.

It would be better to check it out yourself. There are always things like some relative and unknown friends or friend of friend that performed some extensive detailed study of a topic for no apparent reason.

Imagine a few pros grabbed a bunch of ATB6500, used them aggressively and extensively, and manage to break some (considering we do not get to experience racket breaks everyday), within a set period of time and came to a conclusion that it is fragile. Doesn't sound convincing.

10. Aymara

Aymara Regular Member

And what suits him best? A happy costumer? Or a customer who buys a Victor racket for a bit over 100€? Or a customer who buys a Babolat racket instead for a bit below 100€? Hard to tell :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, good idea, I'll test the likeliness of a frame breakage when smashing :D

Yes, shure, but I know, that this dealer has a racket testing site:
    www.badminton-warentests.com (sorry, only german)

But as I said before ... I'm not shure if it's really true about the ATB breakage problem, so let's see if others have such experience ... as it seems, yes.

11. Xanify

Xanify Regular Member

You were told wrong.

Yonex is highly and extremely overrated. Let me tell you a little story. (I like stories. Sorry.)

I was playing doubles in a doubles local tournament and I was using some Yonex racket which costs 160 bucks and it was so new that I didn't even no it's name yet.( I used to go for looks, didn't bother about the names.) Was running side to side and I had already pulled off three base-line smashes in a row. On the fourth attempt to smash, the shuttle made contact with the FRAME and there was this creepy sound and my racket had broke so badly that even the strings had snapped. I enjoyed looking at my racket and I can safely say that it didn't have any cracks, chips or scratches. Nor has it ever clashed with another racket or even made contact with anything else besides the shuttle before. So after that, I got all depressed and gave up badminton for a while. Then, my friend, who is sponsored by Victor, got a for me, free of charge a 'ARTCRY Super Nano-1' which has been used without any problems for quite a while now. So, in terms of your post, Yonex rackets = Overpriced, overrated and fragile. Victor rackets = Better then Yonex. Much.

12. Aymara

Aymara Regular Member

Hi again!

I think especially over-priced ;)

From what I read here in the forums, Yonex has some great rackets and some models with bad durability.

So it might be interesting to hear, which model it was.

I would expect, that both manufacturers have good and bad models.

CU
    Chris

13. snoopy

snoopy Regular Member

you got depressed and gave up badminton for a while because one racket broke? wow that seems like an extreme reaction to me.

I dont think you should judge a brand on one faulty product. i have been using my yonex rackets for a year or two and have had not one problem yet.

14. gabxzz

gabxzz Regular Member

student
    lol.. i find that the older yonex s like cab 8, cab 20 last a long time and it is tough... bu tthe new ones, muscle power, nanospeed, are very fragile... lol.. my thoughts from gathering wad ppl are writing in this forums..

15. Xanify

Xanify Regular Member

Yes, I'm an emo kind of guy. I especially think that the Yonex Nano series are extremely fragile.