Malaysia Open 2006: QUARTER-FINAL (16/06)

Discussion in 'Singapore Open / Malaysia Open / Chinese Taipei Op' started by badMania, Jun 15, 2006.

1. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Hmm..its already quarter-final stage now. Team Indonesia is left with only 1 representative.

MEN'S SINGLES
    Lin Dan vs Mohd Roslin Hashim -- a tricky tie for the Chinese player, but, he should win.

Peter Gade vs Chen Jin (MATCH OF THE ROUND) -- Chen Jin has strolled through all matches so far. Chen to win.

Roman Spitko vs Lee Hyun Il -- no question, the Korean will win.

Boonsak Ponsana vs Lee Chong Wei -- close candidate for match of the round also...and the Malaysian player should go all the way to the final since his record against Boonsak and Lee Hyun Il are very good.

MEN'S DOUBLES
    Thomas Sanave/Rupesh Kumar vs Mohd Fairuzizuan Mohd Tazari/Lin Woon Fui -- no problem for Mohd Tazari/Lin.

Choong Tan Fook/Lee Wan Wah vs Jung Jae Sung/Lee Yong Dae (MATCH OF THE ROUND) -- I have a feeling youth will prevail.

Chew Choon Eng/Hong Chieng Hun vs Chan Choong Ming/Koo Kien Keat -- the Malaysian no 1 pair should win.

Gan Teik Chai/Mohd Zakry Abdul Latif vs Fu Haifeng/Cai Yun -- also a close candidate for match of the round...Fu/Cai to win...probably in 3 sets.

WOMEN'S SINGLES
    Zhang Ning vs Yao Jie -- also a tricky tie for the top seed, but, she should win.

Wang Chen vs Jiang Yanjiao -- youth will prevail.

Tracey Hallam vs Pi Hongyan -- the pretty French player has the chance to reach her second consecutive final.

Lee Hyun Jin vs Xie Xingfang -- Xie has been struggling in the earlier 2 rounds...possibly another 3 sets?

WOMEN'S DOUBLES
    Gao Ling/Huang Sui vs Saralee Thoungthongkam/Sathinee Jankrajangwong (MATCH OF THE ROUND) -- Gao Ling will square off against Saralee two times tomorrow.

Wong Pei Tty/Chin Ee Hui vs Pan Pan/Tian Qing -- a tricky test for the Malaysian no 1 pair...but they should win.

Ikue Tatani/Aya Wakisaka vs Du Jing/Yu Yang -- a stroll in the park for Du/Yu.

Duang-Anong Arunkesorn/Kunchala Voravitchitchaikul vs Lee Kyung Won/Lee Hyo Jung -- dito for Lee/Lee.

MIXED DOUBLES
    Zhang Jun/Gao Ling vs Sudket Prapakamol/Saralee Thoungthongkam (MATCH OF THE ROUND) -- expect a thrilling encounter tomorrow. Although the Chinese has an edge, I hope my second favorite pair (the Thai pair) will win!

Jens Eriksen/Mette Schjoldager vs Tan Bin Shen/Ooi Sock Ai -- the Danes should win.

Jonas Rasmussen/Britta Andersen vs Xu Chen/Yu Yang -- another Danes victory.

Anggun Nugroho/Vita Marissa vs Lee Jae Jin/Lee Hyo Jung -- I hope the Indonesian pair can create an upset...although its quite unlikely.

2. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

So far lots of upset happened in Malaysia Open 06. The 21 scoring shorten the gap between the top player class and middle ones.

Who would had thought that Kenneth J will lost to Arvind Bhat?

3. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

From China MS, looks like Chen Hong struggling with the new scoring, meanwhile suprise2, Chen Yu play really well with the new scoring.

4. elwin81

elwin81 Regular Member

It is really a shock that KJ lost to Arvind Bhat. I like him so much as he never give up, a very determine player. Sometime he do get frustrated on himself.
    :cool:

5. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Yes with the new system.. more upsets are to be expected as the chance of a weaker palyer "getting lucky" increases dramatically..

Personally I think this sucks big time!!

/Twobeer

6. storkbill

storkbill Regular Member

I would think KJ lost because he was tired after SO. Same for Bao ChunLai in SO - he was tired after Indo open - otherwise I don't think that Kendrick Lee could have taken 1 set from him (nothing against Kendrick, he played well). Wouldn't the 15 point system with longer matches make them even more tired?

Also, just wondering, is the Malaysia Open venue air-conditioned?

7. jiayou

jiayou Regular Member

I hope for MS Final Chen Jin vs Lee Chong Wei .....it would be a great match....not always Lin Dan ;)

8. Morten

Morten Regular Member

I think Chen Jin will reach the final since he has matured a lot the last year.. Hes defense is great and he has some good counterattacks. Wont say hes an offensive player like Bao, LD and CH but more an all round player. A 100% fit gade would make him favourite but hes tired after SO where he had some tough matches and because of that i see Chen Jin as the clear favourite.

I think CJ also has a good change to beat LD ;) .

9. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    The hallmark of the world's most exciting games is more frequent upsets. Soccer is very exciting, probably the most exciting game because of the relatively higher upset rate. In every world cup soccer competition there are always TV viewers who die of heart attack watching soccer live-just too much excitment. American football has been rated to be the dullest game because of the near certainty of who will win. Therefore, if the NSS has a higher upset rate than the OSS, then the NSS is more exciting, using the generally accepted definition of what is an exciting sport/game.

10. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    I wouldn't say that having to win 42 rallies (at least) increases your chance of "getting lucky" dramatically.

11. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Who's that new Japanese WD pair? Quite an upset over the Germans. Gessle, if you read this, please take a close-up snapshot of them if you can. Thanks.

12. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Anyone has any idea what time that matches start and what's the schedule? Thanks :)

13. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    the tiger will be surrounded by the hungry wolves :D

14. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

QUARTER-FINALS DateTimeEventMatch No.16 June 2006
    Friday6:30 PMXD518519520521-7:10 PMWS225226227228--7:50 PMMS157158159160--8:30 PMWD424425426427--9:10 PMMD325326327328--

15. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Thanks, I think I can interpret the code :D

16. erin_hakkinen

erin_hakkinen Regular Member

Business Student
    i saw it on the news just now, the QF will start at 6.30pm :)

17. erin_hakkinen

erin_hakkinen Regular Member

Business Student
  18. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    hope LCW wins...i really wanna c him win this 3rd 1

19. streamyx

streamyx Regular Member

me 2.. I believe he can win Boonsak then SEMI can also win LEE-Ill..go go go LCW

20. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Just prediction for upcoming SF matches...
    -MS : LCW vs LHI at bottom-half draw and LD vs CJ at top-half draw will happen in SF duel.Unfortunately for LD and 'sparkling' CJ that will clash in last 4! I guess LYB doesn't wise to unite both of them in same bdm tour.Base on final results of prior tourneys in IO and SO,it's obviously CHN's MS didn't 'talk' too much without LD and CJ.As we have seen last week's SO:how come BCL and CH couldn't overcome veterans duo PG and KJ then realized all-danish-final?(lack of mental strength?!)
    -WS : No problem for ZN to go on SF vice versa for XXF that she needs a lot of energy stepping into next round (what happened with her??). Time for JYJ knock over Wang Chen to prove CHN's debutant can replace her 'senior'.
    -MD : 3 MAS's pairs + 1 CHN's pairs.
    -WD: Once again CHN will dominate with 3 pairs in final four!
    -XD : Hopefully Anggun/Vita can reach SF! (so sad they are the only one INA's squad remaining)