Auto-shuttle Practice Machine

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by John Shaw, May 31, 2001.

1. John Shaw

John Shaw Guest

Can anyone tell me where I can find a machine that will act like a tennis ball machine but works with shuttles instead?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

John

2. Lei Lo Ban

Lei Lo Ban Guest

heh heh
    Good luck pal.

3. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student

Lei lo ban, as funny as your name is, that wasn't a very nice way to answer John's question.

John, on behalf of all the good people who post I apologize.
    I do believe that there are such machines, but the are used by the manufacturers to grade the shuttle speeds.
    Also they could be fairly expensive.
    I train the old fashioned way... just get a whole lot of shuttles, in a shopping cart, and have the coach feed them to me manually.
    Any good coach, would do the same, as they have very consistent shots, they can do better than the machine would.

If you do find them let me know, because I would be interested in seeing one as well.
    I imagine it would be pretty damn expensive.

4. shaun

shaun Regular Member

Theatre boy!!
    Re: ..

John, also...an alternative to Kelvin's ideas, u could simply rally with a friend...tell them to consistantly drive the shot at u...or clear...whichever shot u want to practice returning...just incase its hard to find a coach who would fire balls at u.

5. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad

hmm, i never knew there was such thing as these shuttle shooting things. Well anyway, pls let me know if you find them, thanx!

6. Don

Don Regular Member

Actaully, there is a machine that does this. I was at one point wondering if there was one, and if not, I'd invent one and patent it. I don't remember where I saw the machine, but i think there is a link to it somewhere here at BC. The machine costs a lot may I add.

7. Steplantis

Steplantis Regular Member

Broadcast Engineer
    Re:Shuttle machine

I`ve seen one advertised in the Japanese " Badminton" magazine but it cost about 180,000yen - that`s about 1800 dollars so kind of expensive. It did however have the ability to vary both the pace and angle of shots and could be used for practicing receiving smashes, cuts etc ( used from the back of the court placed on a stand ) or receiving netshots lobs etc ( used from the front of the court ). It might be useful but then I`ve never heard of pro`s using it so I`m not sure what the speed is like and a coach or good feeder could probably do a better job - considerably cheaper!!

Stephen

8. Bokor

Bokor Guest

Re:Shuttle machine

I know of a European Shuttle Machine which is produced by Sport&Teknik of Sweden. Check out the link: <a href="http://www.sport-teknik.se">http://www.sport-teknik.se</A>
    I just saw it on the web and therefore don't have any experience with it or anything like it - still i would love to own such a machine since intermediate level coaches here in germany are quite rare :)

greets
    Alex