Malaysia Open 2006 - LCW's Winning Point AVI

Discussion in 'Singapore Open / Malaysia Open / Chinese Taipei Op' started by Gessle, Jun 18, 2006.

1. Gessle

Gessle Regular Member

Kuli
    Hi all.

No need to tell u what happened coz I can c comments have been posted for LD unsporting behaviour and disrespectful manner. He was booed by the audience.

Here is the avi - LCW's winning point I captured when I was in the stadium. And of course - the red-carded event. Sorry for the 'unstable' capture. :(

http://www.sendspace.com/file/vghpfa

Anyway feel happy for LCW. This MO2006 MS Final will be the greatest comeback in 21-point rally system for years to come.

#1 Gessle, Jun 18, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2006
  2. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    thanks... :D

i'm expecting the full match video

3. Gessle

Gessle Regular Member

Kuli
    Well do hope someone capture and share the full match video

4. Wildstone

Wildstone Regular Member

thanks for that Gessie, saw the racquet kicking event loud and clear ...
    LD should download the clip when he gets back to his hotel, you know , just for a record.

5. badMania

badMania Regular Member

How come I can't download the clip?

6. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Lin Dan did walk towards LCW, but obviously LCW was not ready because he was still overcome by emotion over his win. So, Lin Dan just let him be, let him celebrate, no big deal.

As for Lin Dan kicking his racquet, well he was just disgusted with himself. No malice towards anyone else.

From this clip, that's what I gather. I did not watch the game (as I was and still am working), so I do not know the rest.

7. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    From the video, Lin Dan did approach the net to shake hands but LCW was busy celebrating so Lin Dan shock hands with the officials, packed up and left.

8. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    There's a real small link at the bottom there. Took me some time to figure it our too.

9. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    After shaking hands with the umpire, LCW looked at LD, intending to shake hands I suppose, but Lin Dan was already in the process of leaving.

10. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    i have just download it :D

refresh the page to get a new video link

11. elwin81

elwin81 Regular Member

Thanks to Gessle for providing this video clips as I missed the 3rd set just now.

Is there anyone got any off court pics after the match or any pics during the prize giving ceremony?

12. valen

valen Regular Member

LCW was superb!!

This has to be the best match I have seen in years....especially in the new system which I am not quite sure yet. But Lin Dan has himself to blame. He was just 1 point from victory but he blew it away and let LCW crawl from 13-20 to 23-21. Phew...and Hasbullah Awang kept on saying magic , magic...from LCW...haha...really takes strong mental focus to come back from so far back to victory! Malaysia Boleh!

13. wl2172

wl2172 Regular Member

Yes, LCW has shown great mentality to take this title. I just hope his spirit will be as strong in WC2006 Madrid.

LCW can be really good if he stays calm, but if he gets over excited, he will start making loads of mistakes.

14. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

I think this classic match will definitely shut the mouths of the ones who say LCW has weak mental!
    He hv really strong mental instead to steal 8 match points from LD!!

15. valen

valen Regular Member

How to see pictures?

I downloaded it but can hear only the sound and noise from the background. But no pictures at all. How come?

16. Wildstone

Wildstone Regular Member

download k-lite media codec, install it and then play the video again.
    go to google and search for "k-lite codec"

17. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    LCW has weak mental.

After winning the first game with convincing display, he lost his plot in the second and was almost losing the rubber set by a significant margin. It is good that he received a sudden boost and fought back to win whether it is under the home crowd urging or not.

The dumb ones will be overwelmed by the 8-point come back and think that mental strength is all about that moment of bells and whistles. The true picture is that LCW still suffers from the same old problem of not being able to hold onto his early focus and dominance when he started well. It is not very different from the world championships when he could not hold onto his dominance. He won this time, which I am glad, but the old problem is still not eliminated yet.

I believe his coach Li Mao is not like you at all. He will probably disregard the 8-point sensation and instead work hard with LCW on improving his concentration capability in the bigger picture.

#17 EastDevil, Jun 18, 2006
  18. virusvoodoo

virusvoodoo Regular Member

court mopper

See...now you are just being hostle by calling people name. 8 points may not seem to be alot during a game against the world #1 player @ 14-20 with the 21-point scoring system, it is pretty big. I mean up 19, if he had made any mistakes it would have been over so I'd say he did well.

I still think that LCW need to beat LD in other tournaments as evidence/support for claim of strong mentality but he held it together well this year. But you are on the right track with keep on improving and never be satisfied.

#18 virusvoodoo, Jun 18, 2006
  19. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    me late to this party post:D

regarding LD's behavior, one has to remember last year MO.
    LD lost 2 games to LCW due to result of 2 bad line calls. Yes, a bad line call shouldn't statistically affect the outcome but emotionally it wrecked LD.
    In those 2 games, LD were ahead in points while LCW was ready to give up. The bad line calls change the emotional tides from despair to energized for lcw and reverse for LD. I think LD was pissed because of memory flashback, even though this last few line calls were not as bad.

Plus that malaysian fans were cheering LCW too loud, LOL

#19 cooler, Jun 18, 2006
  20. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    I didn't say LCW did badly, I am saying he still has a very big mental issue to fix. It is easy to think of something sensational and lose the big picture. No matter how pretty that was, such sudden bursts does not happen all the time. It will not be good for LCW's game if he simply lose his grip on the match too often and hope to get saved by such last minute "mental strength". I like LCW very much but I think he would have difficulty hanging as world number 1 if he does not solve this problem. Unless he think he can do an 8-point chase while his opponents make a massive slip everytime.

Just look at his performance in the 2nd and 3rd set and you will understand. I was so disappointed in front of the TV that he keep letting it slip during the last 2 sets. I almost wanted to chew on my NS8000!

Okay, perhaps I used the wrong term to describe some people.