User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 18 to 34 of 90
  1. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    42
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by indra
    From the very beginning I have never lend my support to Chinese players...especially LD. The majority of the current Chinesse players have been the carbon copies of Li Yong Bo. They are " narrow-minded" emotionally and socially. They are lacking in and emphaty and interpersonal-relationship. I am not surprised at all...that is the product of Li Yong Bo. Like Coach, Like Athlete.!!

    They rarely smile...I do not why...perhaps in China smiling or being friendly is a SIN...They are so exclusive and cannot socialize with other people from different nations.

    Even the most controversial player, TH, will never do that. TH has a very deep respect on PG and other players...but not on Chinese players....
    When he lost to Sato during the last TC, he praised him...

    TH is only difficult to control by PBSI but never disrespects other players....

    Now I understand why Taufik said to LD during the last TC " If you want defeat me, wait for me in the WC in SPain ...."
    Truely agree.for what i know all this while Taufik n LD are not getting along well..he kind of doesn't think that LD is a good player..bt i saw on newspaper once that Taufik said his most respected player is Peter Gade.The other 1 is Sun Jun who is not playing anymore.

  2. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    42
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JYong
    I went to singapore badminton hall to watch chinese players practice during Aviva Open, the impression they give me is nice. I'm not just look at them but also spoken to their players,coaches and team leader. I was chit chat with Xie ZhongBo(no1 mixed double) for around 20min after his training session.

    Overall nice china team I met during my visit.
    can tell me where is Singapore Badminton Hall?and which is the nearest mrt there?Would thanks a lot for ur info!

  3. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cindie
    I went to watch the Malaysian Open 2006 yesterday. It was a major disappointment to FINALLY see for myself how the China players present themselves in front of their fans (I always read in this forum how some of the china players are not friendly, but I never believe because they seem so nice when they are on stage waving to fans. But, yesterday, I FINALLY saw it myself, they were smiling and waving to fans on stage and when they were outside, you can see their TRUE self). Honestly, china players are very snobbish. My god, comparing them with players from Denmark and England, it's just like heaven and hell. I approached China players for autograph, well, not only me but other fans as well, but all we got was their "super-snobbish" treatment. They are not friendly AT ALL. They don't even smile... in fact, they won their match. If you say, they lose, it's understandable they are not in good mood. But, they won.

    When I approached the Denmark and England players, I was so touched by their sincerity and friendliness. They are so nice!! I truly salute them from the bottom of my heart. Probably, the only nice person so far that I met from China is Chen Jin. I'm really very disappointed with such kind of attitude shown by the China players. I guess they have forgotten that they are representing China, whatever attitude they show when they are overseas, will reflect on how the world looks at China. They are just like an "ambassador" of China. As for what happened to Lin Dan, I guess everyone should know by now..no elaboration is needed.

    p/s: Forgot to add this earlier, Lee Hyun Il, when he didn't want to sign autograph (I guess he was sad because he lost), he smile to the fans and said no. At least, he smiled.
    I witness the same thing when the China team came to Kota kinabalu at the MO 2003. They were very reluctant to sign autograph for their fans. Some even showed their sour faces when they had no choice but to pose for pictures with the local fans.

    European players treated local fans better. JR gave his t shirt to a fan after a training session.

    It happened in 2003 Malaysian Open KK

  4. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Garden Grove, CA
    Posts
    781
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by seeleegal
    Truely agree.for what i know all this while Taufik n LD are not getting along well..he kind of doesn't think that LD is a good player..bt i saw on newspaper once that Taufik said his most respected player is Peter Gade.The other 1 is Sun Jun who is not playing anymore.

    Yes, I think both Peter Gade & Taufik Hidayat have deep respect for each other and are good friends and also with Wong Choong Hann as well.

    Other players that are very respectable towards others are Kenneth Jonassen, Jonas Ramussen, Tony Gunawan, Candra Wijiya, Lee Choong Wei, Hafiz Hashim. There are more to this list but I haven't had the opportunity to witness it so they are not added to this list yet.

  5. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    921
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    uhuh, there's no need to generalize china's players attitude because not all players are... Gao Ling is very friendly... she smiles a lot... I love her.. She's a nice sweet girl..

    BUT, LD and Cai Yun's disgusted action has definitely ruined china's image...

    SO the conclusion is think twice before you do something... You dont want to end up like LD, being booed twice in the stadium n multiple times in the BC forum.. N make Malaysians feel insulted... All these things LD had caused, are too deep inside our Malaysian fans' hearts to get rid of it

  6. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    891
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hara^kazuko
    uhuh, there's no need to generalize china's players attitude because not all players are... Gao Ling is very friendly... she smiles a lot... I love her.. She's a nice sweet girl..

    BUT, LD and Cai Yun's disgusted action has definitely ruined china's image...

    SO the conclusion is think twice before you do something... You dont want to end up like LD, being booed twice in the stadium n multiple times in the BC forum.. N make Malaysians feel insulted... All these things LD had caused, are too deep inside our Malaysian fans' hearts to get rid of it
    Five hara.........I like Gao Ling too.

    It's so enjoyable watching her playing her game. She seems very relax and always smile even she made mistakes. I am sure she is very approachable when you ask for her autograph.

  7. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    796
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by seeleegal
    can tell me where is Singapore Badminton Hall?and which is the nearest mrt there?Would thanks a lot for ur info!
    it was held in Singapore indoor stadium.

    the nearest station is Kallang MRT station

    by bus: SBS 11 or 16

  8. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    824
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well, I think, Lin Dan should be able to behave better, but I think he is quite disappointed. Sometimes it is hard to judge the line judge during tournament. I think not only in MO or IO, but in China, the line judges are also sometimes bad. So, we'd better see the attitude of the players for the future tournament, whether they act the same, so then we know which players have the best character. Be wise, friends.

    For the European players, I have met the Danish team during last European Championships 2006, and they are quite friendly. I even sit among them and enjoy some snacks. Also the English and other European players.

  9. #26
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    921
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by peace
    Well, I think, Lin Dan should be able to behave better, but I think he is quite disappointed. Sometimes it is hard to judge the line judge during tournament. I think not only in MO or IO, but in China, the line judges are also sometimes bad. So, we'd better see the attitude of the players for the future tournament, whether they act the same, so then we know which players have the best character. Be wise, friends.

    For the European players, I have met the Danish team during last European Championships 2006, and they are quite friendly. I even sit among them and enjoy some snacks. Also the English and other European players.
    But in Malaysian Open 2006 men singles final, i'm sure everyone will agree on me that there have been no bad calls during lee chong wei surprise comeback to make LD behave like dat... as i can recall

    I've read another newly updated interview, LD had said that Malaysian cheated on him.. N I was like frozen at that moment.. What the hell we cheated on him?

  10. #27
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    107
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hara^kazuko
    But in Malaysian Open 2006 men singles final, i'm sure everyone will agree on me that there have been no bad calls during lee chong wei surprise comeback to make LD behave like dat... as i can recall

    I've read another newly updated interview, LD had said that Malaysian cheated on him.. N I was like frozen at that moment.. What the hell we cheated on him?
    MALAYSIAN CHEATED ON HIM??? wat he talking bout...saying incorrect things when he lost??? haihhh...

  11. #28
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    921
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Simp84
    Dont label their behaviour others behaviours.. their behaviour lacks of moral and doesn't apply to everyone in this world thank you
    Correct, Malaysian judges didnt cheat at all because Mo judges include judges from Japan n Thailand... And as I can remember, the men singles final umpire is someone frm thailand i guess (someone correct me if im wrong)

  12. #29
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    891
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hara^kazuko
    Correct, Malaysian judges because Mo judges include judges from Japan n Thailand... And as I can remember, the men singles final umpire is someone frm thailand i guess (someone correct me if im wrong)
    U R RIGHT.
    HE IS FROM THAILAND !!!

  13. #30
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Vietnam & Australia
    Posts
    49
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hara^kazuko
    Correct, Malaysian judges didnt cheat at all because Mo judges include judges from Japan n Thailand... And as I can remember, the men singles final umpire is someone frm thailand i guess (someone correct me if im wrong)
    Although they are Thailand or Japan. But they still get waves from your country.

  14. #31
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    3,342
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Exclamation Stop and think

    OK, we've already closed 2 thread debating Lin Dan's behaviour. Do we need to close this one too? We really should, as it's already gone out of hand.

    Don't go saying "he started it", because each poster is responsible for his own posts and reactions.

    I'm a moron who believes in human beings, so I'm going to let this thread stay open, hoping that you will either:

    a) end this debate as it is clearly going nowhere
    b) continue the debate in a civilized manner

    If neither a) nor b) happens, some of you are going to get yourselves banned from this forum and this thread will be locked.

    And while I'm at it, I'll offer you a favourite quote of mine:

    Nationalism is a lie,
    told to create conflict without reason
    and unity without purpose.


    Mag
    Moderator

  15. #32
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default hahaha

    I dont know why all he people always says that Gao Ling is friendly..........
    i still remember 2004 Singapore open. Gao Ling was sitting infront of me when i called to for a picture. She did not even look at me. I called for 30 seconds but she refused to look. Untill Chen Hong turn over and ask me to fo off. This is what u call friendly???Smiling in the court is only part of her strategy to get supporters.
    Even Zhou Mi show her long face all the time.........refused to take pics and stuff......
    Lin Dan is even worse. I got a pass to enter the those players' places and saw lin dan.He was rite infront of me and dun wanna take pics untill Zhang ning ask him to.So dissapointed with him.

    Wanna know who is friendly?
    All the english and denmark players............Emms is one of them
    Btw, Zhang Ning and Yang Wei is friendly.............
    They gave autograph and take picture with a smile..........

  16. #33
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    891
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joanne_lee
    I dont know why all he people always says that Gao Ling is friendly..........
    i still remember 2004 Singapore open. Gao Ling was sitting infront of me when i called to for a picture. She did not even look at me. I called for 30 seconds but she refused to look. Untill Chen Hong turn over and ask me to fo off. This is what u call friendly???Smiling in the court is only part of her strategy to get supporters.
    Even Zhou Mi show her long face all the time.........refused to take pics and stuff......
    Lin Dan is even worse. I got a pass to enter the those players' places and saw lin dan.He was rite infront of me and dun wanna take pics untill Zhang ning ask him to.So dissapointed with him.

    Wanna know who is friendly?
    All the english and denmark players............Emms is one of them
    Btw, Zhang Ning and Yang Wei is friendly.............
    They gave autograph and take picture with a smile..........
    OMG, if this is true then I will be very disappointed. Can't imagine Gao Ling did that when she is off the court. Joanne, is it very noisy when you called her at that time?

    During AE2006, I called her before she enter the court and she gave a big smile. I can't believe that is fake.

  17. #34
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Newfoundland
    Posts
    93
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    it's particularly funny watching people fight over this thing.... everyone is human and has emotions, what everyone is doing right now is also part of the 'explosion' that we saw on LD. He's a good player and I have respect for him. Same as LCW,well known for his speed on court. WHat has happened, happened, and yes that was a bad action infront of the crown and who has not had a bad day and 'exploded' infront of other people ? recall on how many times that a person said sorry for their action to the 'victim' of the scene? People grow and learn from their mistakes and from my personal experience, you won't learn without mistakes. What had happened was just the mistake happened at the wrong time and wrong place. Regarding 'Cheating', I've watched the whole match after a BC member Aerotus100JP posted the link online today. The whole match was pretty fair from my point of view. There's only 1 point in the first game that was a mistake by the lineman and that is it. The Malaysian has proved to be fair having an Umpire of a different country. According to come members that says that the Malaysians a cheating, well, maybe he has not left the shadow of his defeat last year in MO. Ah, LD, i think he's a good player and at the same time LCW is on par and improving. Let everyone just take a break about this subject, have a great day or maybe play some BAD today.... muahahhahhaa

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Players for Denmark
    By Denmark Badmin in forum Europe
    Replies: 9
    : 01-06-2012, 01:35 AM
  2. About some Denmark players
    By sigit1029 in forum Denmark Professional Players
    Replies: 3
    : 02-07-2009, 07:08 AM
  3. China players - The world's most consistent players
    By Sgbad in forum China Professional Players
    Replies: 24
    : 04-01-2008, 07:59 AM
  4. Replies: 4
    : 06-01-2004, 10:49 PM
  5. Inconsistent and Attitude become the main enemy to Malaysia Players
    By pptam in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 3
    : 09-09-2003, 08:36 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •