User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, to generalize behavior of CHN shuttlers. Actually its not all of them like that. I still praise to Xie Zhong Bo, Chen Hong, Zhang Jun and Gao Ling but not Cai/Fu. I saw them all at German Open this year. I do not know about LD and INA top guns. I believe INA top guns should behave properly.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not trying to defend Lin Dan. His attibute in the award ceremony is not acceptable. But most Chinese players were drafted in elementary schools and being sent to training camps training 8 hours a day. They are lack of social life unlike most of the other young kids. Some of them are turned in machines. So we can't expect them to be as friendly as the European players. I read an newspapers article saying that movie stars and sport stars should be friendly to the fans because we are the one who help pay for their salary. But it may not be the case in China. However they are respresenting the country. So I think it is up to the Chinese sport authority to do something to start teaching the players how to deal with fans and other players.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by matt_att
    I just think, it is a duty to promote badminton by a professional badminton player, signing an autograph to the kids will help much for this little generation. He or She loss the opportunity to promote the games (indirect way). no offen!!!!!!!!!!
    Well, it's what we think as a fan. Just think if you are a star, and see a line of hundreds (or thousands) everyday, and see if you can make everyone happy.

Yeah, athletes should promote the sport, the singer should promote music, and movie stars should promote the movie, etc. However, they are human being, they need time to eat, to sleep, to be with their families, and to do whatever the best for them. As long as they have a legit reason, and express their feeling in a polite manner, nothing is wrong with that.

Remember, we are bothering them, taking away their time/energy to gain joyment for ourselves. If they do accept the request, they are doing us fans a huge favor. They don't own us to start with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by joanne_lee
    I dont know why all he people always says that Gao Ling is friendly..........
    i still remember 2004 Singapore open. Gao Ling was sitting infront of me when i called to for a picture. She did not even look at me. I called for 30 seconds but she refused to look. Untill Chen Hong turn over and ask me to fo off. This is what u call friendly???Smiling in the court is only part of her strategy to get supporters.
    Even Zhou Mi show her long face all the time.........refused to take pics and stuff......
    Lin Dan is even worse. I got a pass to enter the those players' places and saw lin dan.He was rite infront of me and dun wanna take pics untill Zhang ning ask him to.So dissapointed with him.

Wanna know who is friendly?
    All the english and denmark players............Emms is one of them
    Btw, Zhang Ning and Yang Wei is friendly.............
    They gave autograph and take picture with a smile..........
    Maybe you caught Gao Ling and Chen Hong at a time when they were having a lover's argument and cold war?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hara^kazuko
    Someone has to help me to provide a whole video match for you coz you didnt watch the match at all... I could swear the judge didnt cheat...

IF I WERE LINDAN, I WOULD NOT INSULT MY OWN COUNTRY

IM NOT ANGRY BECAUSE LEE CHONG WEI WON RESPECTIVELY

I guess you are one of those nationalistic freak who only cares for their players..

EastDevil, help me.. I know you are good in handling these
    Are you going to pay me salary for the work?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EastDevil
    Maybe you caught Gao Ling and Chen Hong at a time when they were having a lover's argument and cold war?
    Hmm, on this, i agree also that it could be at the wrong time or wrong place. Different example or situation, I remember last yr. during the WC i happened to experience one similar incident also. In that incident, unknowingly, i tried to take pics with the 2 top CHN's WD pairs just before their match, but one of the pair refused. But then later in this forum, i found out that certain player(s), don't want to be bothered *just before* playing their match(es)..
    Thus, after the explanation, i understand...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad
    Hmm, on this, i agree also that it could be at the wrong time or wrong place. Different example or situation, I remember last yr. during the WC i happened to experience one similar incident also. In that incident, unknowingly, i tried to take pics with the 2 top CHN's WD pairs just before their match, but one of the pair refused. But then later in this forum, i found out that certain player(s), don't want to be bothered *just before* playing their match(es)..
    Later in the forum? How?
    The player(s) tell you here?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by elwin81
    Later in the forum? How?
    The player(s) tell you here?
    hmm, not the players. But some of the BCers posted their past experiences as well. I don't recall which thread(s) it was, but *if you want* you can try to search in last yr's WC's thread..hehe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, it should not be "certain" players. We should remember to have the courtesy not to bother them before their match. They have tough fights and performance targets to meet and its definitely a stressful job in front of so many people. I think the last thing they want is to take pictures.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by elwin81
    Five hara.........I like Gao Ling too.

It's so enjoyable watching her playing her game. She seems very relax and always smile even she made mistakes. I am sure she is very approachable when you ask for her autograph.
    I think you better pull up other threads and read some of the fans' opinion of her after attempting to get an autograph.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EastDevil
    Yeah, but to hell her to f*** off, that's a little too much. While that might not be their general behaviour, all a fan needs is one bad impression and that image lingers long.
    Last edited by madbad; 06-19-2006 at 01:43 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hara^kazuko
    But in Malaysian Open 2006 men singles final, i'm sure everyone will agree on me that there have been no bad calls during lee chong wei surprise comeback to make LD behave like dat... as i can recall

I've read another newly updated interview, LD had said that Malaysian cheated on him.. N I was like frozen at that moment.. What the hell we cheated on him?
    Can you please post the interview? I would like to read it. Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy
    Well, it's what we think as a fan. Just think if you are a star, and see a line of hundreds (or thousands) everyday, and see if you can make everyone happy.

Yeah, athletes should promote the sport, the singer should promote music, and movie stars should promote the movie, etc. However, they are human being, they need time to eat, to sleep, to be with their families, and to do whatever the best for them. As long as they have a legit reason, and express their feeling in a polite manner, nothing is wrong with that.

Remember, we are bothering them, taking away their time/energy to gain joyment for ourselves. If they do accept the request, they are doing us fans a huge favor. They don't own us to start with.
    OHHHHH... MY godness!!! Someone in this thread actually has lots of common sense!!!! I respect you truly!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lin Dan just got OWNED by the whole malaysian crowd, chanting like crazy!!!
    I am sure he was not mad at LCW for his loss, but probably the crowd for all the distraction created during the match.

In a match of singles badminton, one player will win, and one will lose... but to play under that much additional distration is just very frasturating. If I were LD, I would NEVER throw the cheque away(because I am a money-loving freak), but for sure I would reject the hat... hahaha. I would blame it on something like it is against my religious beliefs, or I have allegies.. and I am a disrepectfully jerk!!! =P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kasuya
    Lin Dan just got OWNED by the whole malaysian crowd, chanting like crazy!!!
    I am sure he was not mad at LCW for his loss, but probably the crowd for all the distraction created during the match.

In a match of singles badminton, one player will win, and one will lose... but to play under that much additional distration is just very frasturating. If I were LD, I would NEVER throw the cheque away(because I am a money-loving freak), but for sure I would reject the hat... hahaha. I would blame it on something like it is against my religious beliefs, or I have allegies.. and I am a disrepectfully jerk!!! =P
    Please, if u watch China Open or China Master, the crowd support their own players, chanting like crazy too, but we have never complained abt that. It is the same everywhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm, not the players. But some of the BCers posted their past experiences as well. I don't recall which thread(s) it was, but *if you want* you can try to search in last yr's WC's thread..hehe
    thanks.........will certainly do a search and look for the truth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madbad
    I think you better pull up other threads and read some of the fans' opinion of her after attempting to get an autograph.
    Yes, will certainly do. I am very very disappointed.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast