User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sport is all about peace and love yet we are bringing hate into here. Can we be more forgiving to each other?

Maybe LD did have a bad mood that day and shown disrespected to the Mals, but I donít think he really meant it. Do we still remember the wonderful story of LD during this year AE? It does prove him and the Chinese team are just as good as everybody else.

Further more, please donít turn this into a nation vs nation debate, we should be all good friends when playing on the court or off court. There are so few nations that are actually competing in badminton, and we should cherish and cheer for each other instead of hate.

Peace!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EastDevil
    Well, it should not be "certain" players. We should remember to have the courtesy not to bother them before their match. They have tough fights and performance targets to meet and its definitely a stressful job in front of so many people. I think the last thing they want is to take pictures.
    Hmm, yah i know, that's what i learned... But if i remember, i was able to take a quick pic with one of the WD pair *before their* match without any problem. Oh, i remember now, it was GaoL/HuangS which refused to take a pic *before* the match, but i believe they accepted the offer after their match ended(i think i still have the pic posted somewhere in this forum?!?! )...On that note, i'm not trying to "pick on" certain players, but i remember recently in another tournament thread, similar thing also happened with a couple of BCers who requested a pic with the Japanese WD players but were turned away (aih, forgot which thread also)..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default China's Attitude and More.

Hi everybody, it has come to my attention that alot of people have become very aggressive about the comments on the chinese. And certainly they do deserve a fair amount for the attitudes they displayed in the MO 2006. However, we can't solely judge them on this one incident alone nor should we ignore what they're trying to achieve (the best which is an unrealistic goal cuz someone is always going to be better than you). People do get frustrated, and certainly the chinese team has yet to learn some manners. Or perhaps the coaching staff have something to do with it ? Another possibility is that some of the players hasn't had enuff losing (which I think is a good experience or else you become too ignorant). In any case my point is, all this negative talk is leading to sterotyping of the chinese in general. And I believe this leads to great hostility. So before we jump to any big conclusions (which create assumptions and when you assume you make an ASS out of U and ME), lets do what Gillian Clark does, and focus on the positive points and give players the benefit of the doubt. Despite some of the serious infractions. I don't think that should require name calling, and negative comments about what they are really like inside (that hurts man). Like what Kwun said in a different thread, CALM DOWN.

PS. Yes I know Lin Dan usually shows his ugly sides in most games I've seen him in. ANd yes it is a pity since he's one of the top figures that represents badminton, but there other players from other countries that exhibit the same ego.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Angelou
    Hi everybody, it has come to my attention that alot of people have become very aggressive about the comments on the chinese. And certainly they do deserve a fair amount for the attitudes they displayed in the MO 2006. However, we can't solely judge them on this one incident alone nor should we ignore what they're trying to achieve (the best which is an unrealistic goal cuz someone is always going to be better than you). People do get frustrated, and certainly the chinese team has yet to learn some manners. Or perhaps the coaching staff have something to do with it ? Another possibility is that some of the players hasn't had enuff losing (which I think is a good experience or else you become too ignorant). In any case my point is, all this negative talk is leading to sterotyping of the chinese in general. And I believe this leads to great hostility. So before we jump to any big conclusions (which create assumptions and when you assume you make an ASS out of U and ME), lets do what Gillian Clark does, and focus on the positive points and give players the benefit of the doubt. Despite some of the serious infractions. I don't think that should require name calling, and negative comments about what they are really like inside (that hurts man). Like what Kwun said in a different thread, CALM DOWN.

PS. Yes I know Lin Dan usually shows his ugly sides in most games I've seen him in. ANd yes it is a pity since he's one of the top figures that represents badminton, but there other players from other countries that exhibit the same ego.
    Athough I agree with your comments, the long and short of this is it is alright to make our views known. Kwun can do his editing anyway (for rude and vulgar remarks but not curb comments).

I think not all the comments are not within reasons. You, too, have made your remarks here just like everybody else.

Lin Dan should learn to quell his ego from now on and maybe someone should warn him the fans are 'stirred' (I am sure someone will tell him because of our strong remarks).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

few years ago i went to the jpn open
    asked photographs and pictures from a lot of top players
    everyone was so friendly except the chinese
    and one even say in chinese "how long must i sign? i might as well simply create a signature with just 2 strokes" to her partner.. thinking that we dun understand chinese!
    and she is Zhou Mi!
    what a snobbish character!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yling
    few years ago i went to the jpn open
    asked photographs and pictures from a lot of top players
    everyone was so friendly except the chinese
    and one even say in chinese "how long must i sign? i might as well simply create a signature with just 2 strokes" to her partner.. thinking that we dun understand chinese!
    and she is Zhou Mi!
    what a snobbish character!

hey come on, sometimes to others what china players or china people might say in chinese may hurt people's feelings but their intentions are true.

be glad that they even sign for you, players are very tired after a match and just want to return back to rest but several people kept running up to you asking for your signature or some even ask for their jerseys..
    obviously if you are the player and you are damn tired i guess you will feel a little irrated..

so guys, im not saying that you cannot get a signature from them but, get it at the right time and try to understand them and put yourself in their position... thankyou

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tutu_h
    it was held in Singapore indoor stadium.

the nearest station is Kallang MRT station

by bus: SBS 11 or 16
    No..that's not what i meant.What I want to know is the location of Singapore badminton hall.I have went to the Singapore Indoor stadium for Aviva Singapore Open.Anyway..thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SIngapore badminton hall is at Guillemard Road
    take bus no.7,197 from kallang mrt then u cross the traffic light n u'll see the badminton hall's building

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow!! its such an eye opener for me to know all these... i am not aware that some ppl hv the view or they'd experience that chinese players are snobbish...i alwiz see them in tv and my thoughts of them are always great..

hhmmpphh.. now it cause me some doubts.. i wonder when i see them again in tv..would i feel the same as like time...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by X Ball
    Athough I agree with your comments, the long and short of this is it is alright to make our views known. Kwun can do his editing anyway (for rude and vulgar remarks but not curb comments).

I think not all the comments are not within reasons. You, too, have made your remarks here just like everybody else.

Lin Dan should learn to quell his ego from now on and maybe someone should warn him the fans are 'stirred' (I am sure someone will tell him because of our strong remarks).
    Whether he quell his ego is his own business and choice. Fans are fans, not god. We do not dictate what players should do and how they should behave. If we do not like it, we can just simply do not support him or don't watch his games. Sometimes, we should realize that we are just forum users interested in badminton looking at the players from the outside and not develop the illusion that we are running the player's lives. You are at most just another member of the public who does not support a particular player that you do not like and that particular player may not even know that you exist. So whatever strong remarks you would have made.... so?

We are here to appreciate badminton, not act as players' parents. We do not dictate what they do and they would not dictate what we do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this thread has 5 pages just now,why now only has 4 pages?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kurama
    this thread has 5 pages just now,why now only has 4 pages?
    \

the admin, kwun has deleted them, my last night posts were gone , i 've writen too many offtopics here

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by schuweiz
    it's particularly funny watching people fight over this thing.... everyone is human and has emotions, what everyone is doing right now is also part of the 'explosion' that we saw on LD. He's a good player and I have respect for him. Same as LCW,well known for his speed on court. WHat has happened, happened, and yes that was a bad action infront of the crown and who has not had a bad day and 'exploded' infront of other people ? recall on how many times that a person said sorry for their action to the 'victim' of the scene? People grow and learn from their mistakes and from my personal experience, you won't learn without mistakes. What had happened was just the mistake happened at the wrong time and wrong place. Regarding 'Cheating', I've watched the whole match after a BC member Aerotus100JP posted the link online today. The whole match was pretty fair from my point of view. There's only 1 point in the first game that was a mistake by the lineman and that is it. The Malaysian has proved to be fair having an Umpire of a different country. According to come members that says that the Malaysians a cheating, well, maybe he has not left the shadow of his defeat last year in MO. Ah, LD, i think he's a good player and at the same time LCW is on par and improving. Let everyone just take a break about this subject, have a great day or maybe play some BAD today.... muahahhahhaa
    thank godness, ur opinion is fair enough....

About the Gao Ling thing, I dunno...Maybe the time I've met her she was on specially good mood
    Last edited by hara^kazuko; 06-20-2006 at 05:55 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taufik-ist
    \

the admin, kwun has deleted them, my last night posts were gone , i 've writen too many offtopics here
    my post that i posted just now was gone as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kurama
    my post that i posted just now was gone as well.
    Indeed. We are set on killing posts that serve no purpose but to continue this flame war. Your posts fit that description all too well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think GaoLing is a friendly person. Smiles are always on her face. She never refuse anybody except when she have a bad mood .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just bear in mind that players DO NOT owe us their autographs or pictures.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast