User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if there're fans like me. I'm just not interested in autograph and photo with players. I'll be happy only if players putting on a great game. And I don't like my favorate players being bothered by insensitive selfish fans. Once a poster saying he/she hates a player and hopes the player to lose just because autograph request got refused really shocked me. Shouldn't fans have some sporting attitude as well?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EastDevil
    Just bear in mind that players DO NOT owe us their autographs or pictures.
    Then we DO NOT owe them any cheer or clapping ! your say doesnt make sense, dont u see ?

MS Final: Lin Dan walked into the stadium, head down, cold face (or his normal grumpy face). Peter Gade walked in, head up, waved at the fans, smiled. Wat a difference !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find this discussion a bit weird. If you read through all the other previous tournaments threads, even the previous MO (2005, 2004), no one actually voiced their dissatisfactions about the Chinese players being rude. I am pretty sure that LD and the rests of the Chinese players were in the last MO. Why all of a sudden such a big mood changed?
    Must be the weather.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ken711129
    Then we DO NOT owe them any cheer or clapping ! your say doesnt make sense, dont u see ?

MS Final: Lin Dan walked into the stadium, head down, cold face (or his normal grumpy face). Peter Gade walked in, head up, waved at the fans, smiled. Wat a difference !
    You cheer and clap for autographs or pictures?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being a star badminton player comes with some territories...Yes, these include signing autographs and posing for photographs. YES, they do owe the public to sign autographs and pose for photos. BUT, of course, there only so many autographs thay can sign and so many photos ops they can give. That is when they can politely decline and that is that.
    IF these star badminton players feel that for whatever reasons, they are in a foul mood and that give them a right to be rude and not sign autographs or pose for photos.....then don't be a star badminton player...be a normal person playing marbles.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hehehehe... playing marbles. i can only imagine

i recall lin dan here in manila last year. he hardly smiled when people took pictures with him, not like the europeans who were all smiles then.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crosstrainer
    hehehehe... playing marbles. i can only imagine

i recall lin dan here in manila last year. he hardly smiled when people took pictures with him, not like the europeans who were all smiles then.
    The Chinese badminton system currently teaches players to play badminton, not how to handle themselves in public. You will probably see in years to come, players who are more polished in their interpersonal skills. Badminton China will realise that impressions their players make outside the courts are important too and is a reflection of them. So instead of practicing 8 hours (or whatever) a day, they will only train for 7, with 1 hour reserved for PR skills. And it's a good thing

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madbad
    The Chinese badminton system currently teaches players to play badminton, not how to handle themselves in public. You will probably see in years to come, players who are more polished in their interpersonal skills. Badminton China will realise that impressions their players make outside the courts are important too and is a reflection of them. So instead of practicing 8 hours (or whatever) a day, they will only train for 7, with 1 hour reserved for PR skills. And it's a good thing
    U must be connected to the China Badminton body to say this. Or are you saying this as a joke ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by X Ball
    U must be connected to the China Badminton body to say this. Or are you saying this as a joke ?
    Haha, neither . Those who know me know I am the furthest thing from Badminton China but I may be a bit of a prankster

I just think China Badminton is playing catch up in the area of preparing their players to handle themselves better for the media. I am hopeful they will eventually wisen up and teach these skills to their players. You have to realise most of their players have known nothing but badminton since they were put into the system. Badminton is an international game and as it grows, China's players will be scrutinized more and more by the media. If they are not ready to respond professionally, I'm afraid the media can infer (dare I say, manipulate?) things that can be quite damaging to China's image.

These are just my thoughts and it seems like the next logical step for Badminton China, if it's not already in the works.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wwcbro
    Being a star badminton player comes with some territories...Yes, these include signing autographs and posing for photographs. YES, they do owe the public to sign autographs and pose for photos. BUT, of course, there only so many autographs thay can sign and so many photos ops they can give. That is when they can politely decline and that is that.
    IF these star badminton players feel that for whatever reasons, they are in a foul mood and that give them a right to be rude and not sign autographs or pose for photos.....then don't be a star badminton player...be a normal person playing marbles.
    Agree!!!!

ANyway, playing marbles was my favorite game during my childhood

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha, neither . Those who know me know I am the furthest thing from Badminton China but I may be a bit of a prankster

These are just my thoughts and it seems like the next logical step for Badminton China, if it's not already in the works.
    Hahaha, you could have fooled me with your prank.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, they train less than 7 hours and only 5 and a half days. In fact, if I didn't remember wrongly, the actual tough training moments are only about 3 hours while the other times are for other related stuff like maybe therapy, warm-ups, etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it possible that some of you are so pissed at him that you're making much bigger a deal than what it actually was? I thought it was time to move on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mag
    Indeed. We are set on killing posts that serve no purpose but to continue this flame war. Your posts fit that description all too well.
    That is just my opinion,i dont have any intention to continue the flame war.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, the chinese players ought to learn what sportsmanship is. Winning is not everything, there is always more than just a game. The first player I can think of is LD, whose bad behavior on the court stains this sport. I just worry he does more harm to badminton than good. Fortunately, we still have other stars like Taufik, Peter Gade, LCW, ...who help so much to promote this sport, sort of offset the damage that LD did.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chibe_K
    Well, the chinese players ought to learn what sportsmanship is. Winning is not everything, there is always more than just a game. The first player I can think of is LD, whose bad behavior on the court stains this sport. I just worry he does more harm to badminton than good. Fortunately, we still have other stars like Taufik, Peter Gade, LCW, ...who help so much to promote this sport, sort of offset the damage that LD did.
    Your one-dimensional viewpoint simply lack all substance. You simply have a very twisted perception of Chinese players based on too much unsubstantiated claims by people or incidents that may not be interpreted in the right way. What have the Chinese players ever done to you? Have any Chinese player ever been rude to you? Does any specific action justifies labeling Chinese players as rude? With the amount of Chinese players on the circuit, how many REAL incidents do you actually see happen? Let me guess, just Malaysia Open 2006? Would you appreciate if people were to label your entire family/organisation as bad people should you make a mistake?

Most importantly, what other activities of Lin Dan do you know about? You do not even know him at all. Do you have any kind of evidence that he did not help promote the sport? Do you have any statistics or figures to prove that he damaged the sport?

If you do not have any reasonable facts to back your claims, please refrain from making extremely naive, infantile and overly generalised statements against player(s) or their particular nationalities.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

every player has their moments... Taufik and Peter and Lee Chong Wei have all had moments of frustration just as Lin Dan has.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast