Are my shoes too Large?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by Electric Shock, Jun 21, 2006.

1. Electric Shock

Electric Shock New Member

Hey guys, I currently wear yonex SBH-68 shoes that I bought a short time ago. Recently I've been noticing that when I do hard lunges to receive a tight drop or something similar, that my right big toe hits the front of my shoe and causes quite a bit of pain sometimes. When I bought the shoe, there was space for about a really small finger to fit between the ankle and the back of the shoe when the foot is pushed all the way forward. It seems that after using with the shoe for a period of time there is more room between my ankle and the back of the shoe after doing a lunge where the foot is at its maximum forward position. I am thinking that the shoe might have stretched but I don't think that can actually happen. So my question is, do you think these shoes are too big, and next time I buy shoes I should get a pair that fits exactly with no spaces at all? Thanks

2. BadFever

BadFever Regular Member

I had the same problem as well. My right toe even bleed internally. Currently, what I do is I used thicker socks to fill up the space(some even recommended wearing 2 layers of socks but I find it very uncomfortable). Also, I make sure my toe nail is cut very short.