college badminton

Discussion in 'USA East' started by 2o1zFinest, Jun 22, 2006.

1. 2o1zFinest

2o1zFinest Regular Member

I know there was a post with the west side(california) colleges with badminton,but i am on the east side(new jersey) and would like to find out which colleges have badminton.Thanks in advance

2. Quasimodo

Quasimodo Regular Member

If you're looking for NCAA badminton, you're out of luck. It's not an NCAA sport (anymore). It may be back to become one again, though, at least for women because it's on the NCAA Emerging Sports list.

There are quite a few schools that have badminton club teams including UofA down here. I don't know what sort of competition schedule they have, however. I'm sure there are other members here who know more about college clubs.

Just a little useless historical trivia, until its cancellation, Arizona State had the top NCAA program for both men and women. Simply because they were about the only school that gave out scholarships for badminton, so the good players went there. :)

3. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Are you looking for a local college club to play, or want to attend that college to be in a team? On east coast, quite a few colleges have their club/team, which also held some small local tournies in between them.

The ones I can see in my head right now are UPenn, Columbia, NYU, BU, Harvard, Yale, MIT, Mansfield, etc... I am sure many other local colleges also have their clubs, but not many are open for public, though. :cool:

4. BostonU

BostonU Regular Member

colleges with VARSITY badminton team: swarthmore, bryn athyn, bryn mawr, albright

colleges with competitve club teams: all ivy league schools, BU, GWU, UMaryland, URochester, Babson etc.

there is also a league in the New England area which is the NIBL: http://collegiate.usbadminton.net

northeast regional collegiate championship is held at swarthmore college every feburary with more than 10 schools compete against each other annually.

5. BostonU

BostonU Regular Member

dsdfasdfasgfdgadfgsdfgd