User Tag List

Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh ya they are the 1st seed right?all the best to them..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yup, they are seeded 1st in SS for d 1st time.hope they win MO too d 1st time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Goldsmith’s daughter looking for a glittering end

NATIONAL women’s doubles shuttler Chin Eei Hui (pic) simply loves gold. This is not surprising, however, as her father is a goldsmith.

And having a glittering gold medal hanging from her neck on the final day of the Super Series Masters Finals would cap a perfect end to the season for Eei Hui.

Yesterday, Eei Hui and Wong Pei Tty confirmed their ticket to the women’s doubles semi-final.

Eei Hui, whose father Chin See Foon owns a jewellery shop in Penang, was happy that she overcame a jittery start in the season finale of the Super Series.

“I may be an experienced player but my hands were trembling during our first match (against Kamilla Rytter Juhl-Lena Frier Kristiansen of Denmark). It was the first time we were playing as the top seeds on home soil,” said the 26-year-old Eei Hui.

“But I got my rhythm back today (yesterday). It will not be easy against our next opponents but we will give our best.”

Yesterday, they defeated the German-Canadian partnership of Nicole Grether-Charmaine Reid 21-7, 21-10 and Indonesians Jo Novita-Greysia Polii 21-12, 9-21, 21-8.

Eei Hui also said that she enjoyed training under Rexy Mainaky.

“There have been a lot of improvement in my game since training with the boys under Rexy. They play at a faster pace and we have to cope with it,” she said.

“My injuries had been a problem in the past but I am happy that my knee and ankle injuries are not giving me as much problems as before.”

Eei Hui-Pei Tty’s main target next year is the World Championships. The duo reached the quarter-finals in the last three series and hope to do better.

Meanwhile, Pei Tty’s challenge in the mixed doubles with Lim Khim Wah ended when they went down 12-21, 10-21 to England’s Anthony Clark-Donna Kellogg in their final Group B match yesterday.

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...916&sec=sports
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eei Hui eyes medal in New Delhi

CHIN Eei Hui's (pic) constant worries about injuries will not stop her effort to win a first medal in the World Championships with Wong Pei Tty in New Delhi in November.
    Pei Tty and Eei Hui, despite the latter's injury scare, have been the most consistent pair in the women's doubles on the international scene over the last three months.

They secured the Denmark Open title besides reaching the finals of the Japan, French and China Opens and are also currently ranked World No 2.

Eei Hui, 26, just recovered from a knee injury but was good enough to reach the semi-finals of the ongoing Super Series Masters but their main target will be the World Championships.

Having reached quarter-finals of the 2005, 2006 and 2007 World Championships, Eei Hui is expecting move in the semi-finals which confirm a medal.
    No Malaysian woman has won a medal in women's singles or doubles in the major event although Pei Tty secured a bronze in the mixed doubles with Koo Kien Keat in the 2006 World Championships in Madrid.

"We have failed in the quarter-finals for the last three times and our target is move one step further," said Eei Hui.

"Prior to that, we must maintain our consistency and my responsibility to focus on fitness and avoid injuries.

"The China pairs are our biggest threats and since reaching the semi-finals but tat is our target.

"If I can avoid injuries, Pei Tty and I would like to take one last shot at the 2012 London Olympics but if injuries persist, I would call it a day after the 2010 Asian Games."

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/N...cle/index_html

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

welll....all the best for them...this is the toughest match so far in this master final...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopefully and prayfully, they will win over Vita/Liliyana tomorrow.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by robin7 View Post
    Hopefully and prayfully, they will win over Vita/Liliyana tomorrow.
    well...if they keep play like today...no way they will win...pray hard...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyway, all the best to them in tomorrow's final

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations to WPT/CEH on winning the Super Series Master Finals... Well done gals!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats gals. After a shaky Semi Finals, and trailing 14-19... 19-20 in 2nd set, they re-focused & took the USD$42 K in deuce.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well done...hope they will reduce their error...then...they can beat anyone they like...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The more I see Wong Pei Tty, the more I'm reminded of Xia Xuanze

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhand View Post
    The more I see Wong Pei Tty, the more I'm reminded of Xia Xuanze
    are you sure
    you must be joking

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Star Online > Sports
    Monday December 22, 2008
    Eei Hui-Pei Tty cap tremendous year with biggest title

IT is rare to see the women’s doubles shuttlers Chin Eei Hui-Wong Pei Tty show their emotions on the court but yesterday, they jumped for joy and hugged each other after nailing their biggest career title.

The duo lived up to their top billing to take the Super Series Masters Finals women’s doubles title with a hard-fought 21-15, 22-20 victory over Indonesians Lilyana Natsir-Vita Marissa at the Likas Indoor Stadium in Kota Kinabalu yesterday.

It could have been an easy task for Eei Hui-Pei Tty to pick up the winners’ purse of US$42,000. But they made life difficult for themselves and trailed 14-19 in the second game.

But known for their tremendous fighting spirit and true grit, the world No. 2 pair showed nerves of steel to make a remarkable comeback to seal victory.

With the win yesterday, Eei Hui-Pei Tty capped their most successful year of their badminton careers. They had won the Danish Open and emerged as the runners-up in the French Open, China Open and reached the semi-finals of the Hong Kong Open.
    Pei Tty was happy that they succeeded in capitalising on the absence of the China pairs.

“It could have been different in the presence of the Chinese pairs. But in their absence, we knew the fight for the title was open and we stood a very good chance of winning it. We are glad that we took our chances well,” she said.

Pei Tty added that past, they would have panicked and cracked if they trailed in the crucial stages of a match.

“But not now. We have grown to be more steady in the crucial stages. We keep our emotions in check and we do not get rattled easily,” she said.

Pei Tty added that they had bridged the gap with the top pairs from China and South Korea.

“We know where we stand even though we won a major title today. We certainly have narrowed the gap but more work needs to be done to beat the top Chinese pairs consistently,” she said.

Although happy, Eei Hui said that she needed to improve on her physical condition if they are to keep up with the strong pairs in the world next season.

Eei Hui had lacked training as she had spent some time taking a break and going for rehabilitation on ankle and knee injuries.

“It has been a great year for us. But I know that I will have to work on my physical condition. I have to be fitter to complement Pei Tty better,” she said.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Podium Photos, from Berita Harian
    Click the link for the accompaning article

http://www.bharian.com.my/Current_Ne...cle/index_html

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow, yesterday match was damn excited..hehe
    luckily they manage to keep their cool and not panicked to win the match

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast