User Tag List

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Their main goal is to close the gap between them and CHN pairs.

Not really about the no 1 ranking, because Wong/Chin acknowledged that they are not yet at the same level as the top CHN pairs.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RedShuttle View Post
    I can't understand why they did not give up their XD matches to focus on beating YW/ZJW and becoming No. 1 in the world.

Not only that was their best chance of beating YW/ZJW, but also their best shot at the No. 1 ranking which they would cherish for life.
    The coaches wanted WPT & CEH to play XD - after their bad OG run, Rexy wanted them to focus more on XD but the gals proof the coaches (and many of us) wrong. WPT/CEH seem to prefer WD, they didnt want to let it go just like that after all the hard work over the years.

LKW/WPT are supposed to aim to qualify for WC this year. With the new combinations, they're Msia 2nd best XD pair, the youngsters still havent catch up with the 2 senior+junior pair (KKK/NHL, LKW/WPT) .
    WPT can take playing 2 dept, but injured prone CEH i dont think so. Anyway, it was reported in the press Rexy will review if CEH should continue playing 2 dept.
    Last edited by eaglehelang; 01-12-2009 at 09:03 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, i did ask ceh she prefer xd or wd, she say wd. i m relli impressed by their improvement 2nd half of last year. they prove many ppl wrong. hope they will improve more this year n year to come. they wil be no 1

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the best pair in the world or not...becoming world number one is something respectable...^^...but...their mistake is like...haiz....speechless

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by abedeng View Post
    Their main goal is to close the gap between them and CHN pairs.

Not really about the no 1 ranking, because Wong/Chin acknowledged that they are not yet at the same level as the top CHN pairs.
    The key difference is in the stamina and maybe the mind.Their repertoire of shots is excellent.Look how KOR WD demolished YW/ZJW in the last half of their match? Sheer change of tactics or lame CHN WD excuse of injury? If CEH/WPT lost to an injured WD, that's even worse for them.
    There's nothing wrong with CEH/WPT.What's wrong is they have a dumb coach like Rexy.Until today, this guy could not analyse that to win a title, the champion has to be tops in skills, tactics and STAMINA.And if his players is in two events and their equally skilled opponents play only one,then the MAS WD is likely to lose because of stamina.(Recall how INA WD lost to MAS WD in SSF? Stamina difference?)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    the best pair in the world or not...becoming world number one is something respectable...^^...but...their mistake is like...haiz....speechless
    they need to cut down less mistakes in their game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are no. 1 in the world? A semi-retired Chinese pair bring them down from heaven .... And on their homeground too...
    Mistakes & skill wise both can't match the China pairs.
    Likewise, Look at the "Queen of mistakes " -- Lee HJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both of them is actually happy that they are Ranked #1. But they know that their standard is not on par with the Chinese Pairs. Msian Gov now want to put more effort in producing more ladies players like them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ants View Post
    Both of them is actually happy that they are Ranked #1. But they know that their standard is not on par with the Chinese Pairs. Msian Gov now want to put more effort in producing more ladies players like them.
    wow, ants , u asked them about that, i m sure their fans will be happy too that they are going to be no1 this thus. i am very happy for them.hope they improve more and maintain no1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

since there is little pics of wpt/ceh,i decided to upload their pics. if u wan any players pic that i may hav,i will upload.

WPT/CEH after their match vs YW/ZJW.notice wpt still smile widely despite their lost. they are nice ppl
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by samuel882 View Post
    They are no. 1 in the world? A semi-retired Chinese pair bring them down from heaven .... And on their homeground too...
    semi retired chinese is still gd n fresh.mas wd hv to play both xd n wd.tired liao. n oso ceh say that she x like play in mas cos of the home crowd. i think got pressure. she say playing in front of home crowd helps them when they play well but not when they x play well. nway the home crowd support is poor tat day when they play not like when kkk/tbh play, d whole stadium rock. i think wpt/ceh oso dissapointed maybe cos the support from crowd is not there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    ... With the new combinations, they're Msia 2nd best XD pair, the youngsters still havent catch up with the 2 senior+junior pair (KKK/NHL, LKW/WPT) ...
    I think Mohd Razif / Woon Khe Wei is pretty good. WKW has become a much more solid player, less prone to silly errors, if what I saw in MO2009 is any indication. Razif is one heck of a fighter, they both are. I have not seen much from LKW yet, but he is still quite junior, so I'll wait a bit. Overall, the biggest progress is the improvement of the women players like WKW, NHL etc. over past the generation (where we only really have WPT/CEH).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by samuel882 View Post
    It's never their own fault if they are ranked #1. They just strive their hardest and if the #1 comes their away even if they weren't asking for it and knew they probably did not deserve it, then so be it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furthermore, even if the Chinese were being a little too relaxed, who else can say they are WD #1 with the Chinese juggernauts alive and kicking? You still have to consistently have the upperhand over the rest. This is exactly the same situation with LCW.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's written in the newspaper as wpt/ceh will be world no 1 when the current world ranking this thurs... Bt they couldn't maintain that for another week as they weren't participate in the korea open... and for that week that will be a history that for 10 years long, this is the first time China don't have any world no 1 player in the world no 1 list for the five categories...

i think wpt/ceh are trying to get themselves to be more consistence and concentrate on the upcoming AE... they have improve so much and there's no rest for them after the olympic games... a rest now will really help them... they will prove to everyone how far they can go...we'll see how was it..

hmm... i think the xd combination between kkk/wpt was quite good... they were playing together last year after so long they've nt been practising together... bt the results were quite good... still get themselves into semi... both of them are experience players...
    Last edited by michidan; 01-13-2009 at 10:05 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cheeyf View Post
    semi retired chinese is still gd n fresh.mas wd hv to play both xd n wd.tired liao. n oso ceh say that she x like play in mas cos of the home crowd. i think got pressure. she say playing in front of home crowd helps them when they play well but not when they x play well. nway the home crowd support is poor tat day when they play not like when kkk/tbh play, d whole stadium rock. i think wpt/ceh oso dissapointed maybe cos the support from crowd is not there.
    WPT/CEH should try to overcome these factors. Even if the whole crowd is against you, you should block the negative elements out. From the surface, I think WPT is ok. Maybe CEH is more prone to these mental issues.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CEH/WPT will be in the record book as the No. 1 pair in the world. Their No. 1 ranking is well deserved. They earned it fair and square.

Realistically, they are a solid top 6 but not in the top 3.

"Real" Ranking: (i.e. where you put your money where your mouth is.)

DJ/YU
    ZYM/ZTT
    LHJ/LKW (assuming LKW is back to her old form.)

CS/ZYL
    CEH/WPT
    CWH/CYC
    MV/NL

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast