User Tag List

Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow, they really have hit a purple patch since the Olympics, and im glad to see them hitting top form, and win their first title, and they deserve it alot! keep on going

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More breakthroughs expected from world No. 2 pair

By LIM TEIK HUAT

PETALING JAYA: Doubles pair Wong Pei Tty-Chin Eei Hui can expect exciting times ahead as they seek to achieve more breakthrough performances for Malaysian women’s badminton.
    Pei Tty-Eei Hui have now climbed to a career best second spot in the world rankings behind Olympic champions Du Jing-Yu Yang of China and national doubles chief coach Rexy Mainaky is challenging them to maintain their new status.
    The duo not only earned five final appearances this year but also ended a six-year international title drought by winning the Danish Open last October.
    Cracking pair: Wong Pei Tty (left) and Chin Eei Hui featured in five final appearances this year.
    Playing with much more confidence and showing consistency in their game, Pei Tty-Eei Hui have now become genuine contenders each time they go out for a tournament and Rexy hopes they can keep it up.
    “They are now enjoying it on court,” he said.
    “They used to fear playing against Chinese, Korean and Taiwanese pairs. But this fear is no more in them. For them now, it’s like ‘bring them on and we’ll see who can last longer’.
    “I ask them not to think small of themselves and encouraged them to open up their minds. They are just as good as any of the other top pairs.
    “I expect them to maintain their performances into next year, which is always the more difficult part. The All-England (in March) will be the first major event to focus on next year and I hope they can achieve something.
    “There is still room for them to get even better. In Eei Hui’s case, she has to focus more on strength training while Pei Tty needs more court training.”
    On the Super Series Master Finals in Kota Kinabalu from Dec 18-21, Rexy said that Eei Hui-Pei Tty had an equal chance along with the other top pairs to win the title but he did not want to put too much pressure on them.
    “They have played quite a lot of tournaments and they are stretched physically,” he said.
    The good thing is Eei Hui-Pei Tty have ample time to get ready for the inaugural Super Series Finals, where they will feature as the top ranked pair.
    They did not qualify for the National Grand Prix Finals, which begin on Tuesday in Alor Star.
    “It will depend on their recovery over the next 10 days. The focus is to maintain the training but avoid doing too much movement as Eei Hui is feeling a little bit of pain in the knee,” said Rexy.

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...537&sec=sports

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kenny7_2006 View Post
    wow, they really have hit a purple patch since the Olympics, and im glad to see them hitting top form, and win their first title, and they deserve it alot! keep on going
    yes indeed they have learn from the failure fr OG and i am so glad n proud of them, d world no 2 now. they really showed hard work even when no one expected from them.haha. certainly my fav pair.really pray ceh will recover fast.hope to c them win in MO 09

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Badminton: All eyes on Pei Tty-Eei Hui

http://www.nst.com.my/Monday/Sport/2422674/insidepix1
    Pei Tty (right) and Eei Hui will start the Super Series Masters as top seeds.

MALAYSIA'S strength in the men's singles and doubles is well documented but it's the women's doubles combination of Wong Pei Tty-Chin Eei Hui who could provide the cheers in the Super Series Masters Finals in Kota Kinabalu on Dec 18-21.
    Pei Tty-Eei Hui have enjoyed a brilliant run on the international circuit ever since the Beijing Olympics in August which saw them rocketing to the World No 2 spot and will start the Super Series Masters as top seeds.

Besides Olympic champions Du Jing-Yu Yang of China and compatriots Cheng Shu-Zhao Yunlei, Pei Tty-Eei Hui are capable beating the other pairs in the tournament which will have the top eight pairs.

True to her nature, Pei Tty isn't thinking about reaching the final, let alone win the Super Series Masters and only wants to continue enjoying another big tournament with her partner.

"We have come a long way since the Beijing Olympics but to say we have a good chance of winning in Kota Kinabalu will be an over statement. What we aim to do is continue enjoying the competition and give it our best shot," said Pei Tty.
    "This is world class event and all the eight pairs are equally good and China are definitely in the lead.

"We had a good run because we believe in our abilities and have stopped putting any pressure. The fear of losing is no more and we treat all opponents equally.

"Our consistency has improved as we are more confident now and we intend to continue being consistent. The tournament offers a different format and we just want to enjoy ourselves and put up a strong show."

Eei Hui's progress had been hampered by injuries to her ankle and knee but her participation in Kota Kinabalu will not be hampered.

Based on current form, the pair are likely to make the semi-finals and the draw will determine their chance of progressing further.

Pei Tty-Eei Hui could either meet Du Jing-Yu Yang or Cheng Shu-Yunlei in the last four and making the final will not be easy as the Malaysians have yet to beat either pair.

However, Pei Tty-Eei Hui's battling qualities will give them a genuine shot at the title and this consistency is something national doubles coach, Rexy Mainaky is hoping very much will rub off on his men's doubles of Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong and Zakry Latif-Fairuzizuan Tazari, who more often than not, are inconsistent.

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/N...cle/index_html
    Last edited by badylife; 12-08-2008 at 11:02 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow they are the hero now,,,,,

maybe they can be world no.1 since Du Jing / Yu Yang will not coming to MO and KO superseries 2009...

but after that tourney i'm guessing how long they can survive their position in top rank since China will come in full power:
    1. Du Jing / Yu Yang
    2. Zhang Yawen / Zhao Tingting
    3. Cheng Shu / Zhao Yunlei
    4. Gao Ling / Wei Yili
    5. Zhang Jiewen / Yang Wei

i can imagine the euforia if they can reach the top position and also can imagine the bashing if they were out of top 5 position

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

du/yu not coming to MO?wow i tot they will come.hmm must be careful of YW/ZYW n GL/WYL.hope mas x meet them in early rounds.if meet oso ,hope they win

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajaib View Post
    wow they are the hero now,,,,,

maybe they can be world no.1 since Du Jing / Yu Yang will not coming to MO and KO superseries 2009...

but after that tourney i'm guessing how long they can survive their position in top rank since China will come in full power:
    1. Du Jing / Yu Yang
    2. Zhang Yawen / Zhao Tingting
    3. Cheng Shu / Zhao Yunlei
    4. Gao Ling / Wei Yili
    5. Zhang Jiewen / Yang Wei

i can imagine the euforia if they can reach the top position and also can imagine the bashing if they were out of top 5 position
    she's still playing eh??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It has been reported that Gao Ling / Wei Yili will be at MO and KO. The Chinese National Team will not be at either event. Since G/W are no longer on the National Team, they will participate as individuals, a la Chen Hong. G/W are praticing for the National Games, representing their home province.

Since Zhang Jiewen will move to Malaysia anyway, she may show up too. Zhang Jiewen / Yang Wei will also need to keep in shape for the National Games for their home province.
    Last edited by RedShuttle; 12-08-2008 at 10:40 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

YW/ZJW stil playing?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry..dun read clearly..take back wat i ask ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This 2009 MO super series will be a tough task for them....
    look at the participant....
    ZJW/YW
    GL/WYL
    Lee Hyojung/ Lee Kyungwon
    Chien Yu Chin/ Cheng Wen Hsing
    Zhang Dan / Zhang Zhibo....

if the draw put them against one of this pair in early round... i can say that they had a slim chance to go through the next round,,,

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ZJW/YW
    GL/WYL

if the draw put them against one of this pair in early round... i can say that they had a slim chance to go through the next round,,,
    i think most of them will be seeded ,so they will not meet them in early rounds.n oso hope support of home crowd will spur them to do well

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ZJW/YW
    GL/WYL

well...they not world number 2 for nothing...even in og 1st round...they have chance to beat lee/lee...2nd set...they lost 19-21......i will say:if with minimun error...wong/chin can beat chien/cheng,zhang/zhang...atleast 3 set match with lee/lee,zjw/yw,gl/wyl......with many mistake....no need them...u and me pair up can beat wong/chin...(i am not a girl...i think i are not too...)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    well...they not world number 2 for nothing...even in og 1st round...they have chance to beat lee/lee...2nd set...they lost 19-21......i will say:if with minimun error...wong/chin can beat chien/cheng,zhang/zhang...atleast 3 set match with lee/lee,zjw/yw,gl/wyl......with many mistake....no need them...u and me pair up can beat wong/chin...(i am not a girl...i think i are not too...)
    so,, the key to beat this world no.2 is just let them made mistake alright??????

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so,, the key to beat this world no.2 is just let them made mistake alright??????
    sure...agree...but...if they didnt commit mistake...will be very terror...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    sure...agree...but...if they didnt commit mistake...will be very terror...
    yes,indeed if they reduce their mistake i dare to say that they can be d world no1.i think they have gd skills and variation in their game. better than chn indeed.d oni prob is unforce errors.nw that they r full time under rexy, hope that rexy will rectify that

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

withdrawal of chn n also kor makes d chance bigger for wong/chin and lcw to nail their 1st SS finals title. all d best 2 them

Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast