User Tag List

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
Results 86 to 102 of 436
  1. #86
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    all the best for chin/wong for tomorow match...i think they can win...55-45...

  2. #87
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    185
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pjswift View Post
    But who are LHJ/LKJ or the Chn 'top' pairs?They are already showing signs they are on the decline.
    CEH/WPT have always been solid.Their main problem was the lack of self belief.Also, they have changed to a safer if longer 3G strategy;take the G1,'rest' to conserve energy while draining opponent energy during G2 and go all out in G3.In the past when they couldn't win in 2, they usually had nothing left for G3 so they lost.It's a safer strategy against strong WD but unnecessary for weaker WDs.
    wow i didnt know about the 3g strategy, is it true? hmm i think 2mr they can win too.55-45. all d best

    p/s after posting only i realise my prediction is same as limsy.haha

  3. #88
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badylife View Post
    wow i didnt know about the 3g strategy, is it true? hmm i think 2mr they can win too.55-45. all d best
    hehe...same with me...55-45...hope they can

  4. #89
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    In Competition
    Posts
    18,284
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badylife View Post
    wow i didnt know about the 3g strategy, is it true? hmm i think 2mr they can win too.55-45. all d best

    p/s after posting only i realise my prediction is same as limsy.haha
    No, not really. For the 3 game strategy to work, they must always win the 1st game.

    In Japan, they lost the 1st game and eventually the final. In the French Open, they almost made it in 2. So I don't quite agree with it being strategy.

  5. #90
    Regular Member ants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Malaysian Citizen of the World
    Posts
    13,157
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Anyway its good to see them in the Finals. not bad for this year...

  6. #91
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Not too shabby..

    Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    all the best for chin/wong for tomorow match...i think they can win...55-45...
    Quote Originally Posted by ants View Post
    Anyway its good to see them in the Finals. not bad for this year...
    ...seeing WPT & CEH appear in another Final...I remember the last time both pairs (vs. Du Jing & Yu Yang) met, it went to 3 games, but the 1st game was a close affair...We'll see..

  7. #92
    Regular Member robin7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Puchong Prima
    Posts
    13,684
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    By reaching final @ China Open, Wong/Chin will be World #3 next Thursday. A title today will place them in the 2nd spot.

    Note: The points @ China Masters have still not been corrected.

  8. #93
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Wrong pair as their opponents..

    Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ...seeing WPT & CEH appear in another Final...I remember the last time both pairs (vs. Du Jing & Yu Yang) met, it went to 3 games, but the 1st game was a close affair...We'll see..
    ..meant to write ZhaoTT & ZhangYW. I thought Du Jing & Yu Yang are their opponents for today's WD Final.

  9. #94
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    185
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    2bad wong/chin lost 2day.have to admit that chn play better n mas made too many mistake. nway glad they mas wd is getting very consistent now.lookinf fwd to hkg open where i think they can reach final again. n again they tried their best.ntg too lose.ztt/zyw in gd form esp after beating OG champ.let's hope wong/chin can win hkg open

  10. #95
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badylife View Post
    mas made too many mistake. nway glad they mas wd is getting very consistent now.
    u dont think this 2 sentence is actually totally different???and oposit???

  11. #96
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    185
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    u dont think this 2 sentence is actually totally different???and oposit???
    huh?u dont understand wat i mean?i mean they are very consistent by always reaching finals. i think overall , they are the best mas players performer in CO .better than lcw their game today. they make many mistake in this game.if not i think they can win g2.nway glad that now they can return flick serve well.must be they improve of that after FO defeat.
    Last edited by badylife; 11-23-2008 at 03:24 AM.

  12. #97
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badylife View Post
    huh?u dont understand wat i mean?i mean they are very consistent by always reaching finals. i think overall , they are the best mas players performer in CO .better than lcw their game today.
    best performer in co?by gifted opponent more than 15 out of 42 by mistake+unforced error???

    both not perform well...C/W should have win this...i dont think ztt/zyw commit more than 6 error...

    yes...they did improve...i expect another semis or even final from them next week...

  13. #98
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    185
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    best performer in co?by gifted opponent more than 15 out of 42 by mistake+unforced error???

    both not perform well...C/W should have win this...i dont think ztt/zyw commit more than 6 error...

    yes...they did improve...i expect another semis or even final from them next week...
    best performer as in best results and the game score la.haha.reaching final n clsoe game la.maybe u expect too high from then in this CO. chn pair is no pushover.nway i think mas wd can continue to do well in HO

  14. #99
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    3,321
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abedeng View Post
    No, not really. For the 3 game strategy to work, they must always win the 1st game.

    In Japan, they lost the 1st game and eventually the final. In the French Open, they almost made it in 2. So I don't quite agree with it being strategy.
    Against strong opponents, CEH/WPT have a better chance winning using the 3G strategy. If you look at the stats of their 3G matches in CO2,they took G1, hibernated for G2 and stormed for G3.For this to work, they have to use 60% energy for G1, 10% for G2 and 30% for G3.
    Today, they looked like they underestimated CHN WD and decided they could take them out in 2, paying the price for it.
    Whoever takes G1 always have one more option: let go G2 if cannot match opponent for 3 games in stamina. CEH/WPT has stamina to deliver their shots for 2.5 games. So they can rout weaker(meaning less skilled) opponents in 2 but they 'd be more successful to use 3G for stronger opponents.
    Even LHJ/LYD used 3G against HHB/YY yesterday but more to conserve energy for LYD's MD match against MAS.

  15. #100
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    185
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pjswift View Post
    Against strong opponents, CEH/WPT have a better chance winning using the 3G strategy. If you look at the stats of their 3G matches in CO2,they took G1, hibernated for G2 and stormed for G3.For this to work, they have to use 60% energy for G1, 10% for G2 and 30% for G3.
    Today, they looked like they underestimated CHN WD and decided they could take them out in 2, paying the price for it.
    Whoever takes G1 always have one more option: let go G2 if cannot match opponent for 3 games in stamina. CEH/WPT has stamina to deliver their shots for 2.5 games. So they can rout weaker(meaning less skilled) opponents in 2 but they 'd be more successful to use 3G for stronger opponents.
    Even LHJ/LYD used 3G against HHB/YY yesterday but more to conserve energy for LYD's MD match against MAS.
    hmm.i dont agree with the 3g strategy 2.if they win g1, they are safer n hv at least 2 chance(g2 n g3) to win d match,if they purposely lose g2, they will oni have one chance 2 win d match which is in g3

  16. #101
    Regular Member robin7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Puchong Prima
    Posts
    13,684
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ...seeing WPT & CEH appear in another Final...I remember the last time both pairs (vs. Du Jing & Yu Yang) met, it went to 3 games, but the 1st game was a close affair...We'll see..
    Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..meant to write ZhaoTT & ZhangYW. I thought Du Jing & Yu Yang are their opponents for today's WD Final.
    Now I know why some people reach 10,000 posts...

  17. #102
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    philippines
    Posts
    64
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Nice to see new faces for the WD doubles other than the Chinese girls

    congrats to the Malaysian Ladies

    been reading some interesting things here.. this is the first time i've heard of the 3g strategy...why bother to let the games reach the 3rd set on purpose. any athlete would be crazy to do that... win the 1st set... tire the opponents on the 2nd then lose/ or conserve energy (?) on the second set then take the 3rd set by storm

    and against strong opponents? come on.. if the opponents are really strong..what makes them sure that they will get the first match..and if the opponents are really strong ( China, Korea wd) i bet their stamina is as good as the two Malaysian girls..

    the only strategy/ option they should have is to give it their all and be consistent. Win it as fast and as hard as they can..fight for every point.

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Veteran badminton coach Chin Kiat gets due recognition
    By ants in forum Professional Players
    Replies: 4
    : 06-14-2010, 03:23 AM
  2. Sabrina Chong Sook Chin
    By cheeyf in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 23
    : 02-14-2010, 09:26 AM
  3. CHIEN Yu Chin/CHENG Wen Hsing
    By seawell in forum Professional Players
    Replies: 19
    : 08-10-2007, 02:58 AM
  4. Good effort by MAS Chin/Wong
    By cheeyf in forum Malaysia Open / Korea Open 2007
    Replies: 4
    : 01-30-2007, 05:51 AM
  5. WONG Pei Tty / CHIN Eei Hui
    By whizkelv in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 5
    : 03-10-2005, 09:28 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •