anybody strung their racquets@lees?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by shaun, Jun 3, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shaun

shaun Regular Member

Theatre boy!!
    I got my racquet strung at lees yesterday by jennifer(bg70@21x23).
    and well...she warped my frame. No idea how but she pointed out that the frame was warped once i walked in....its a very very small warp but its still there.
    and she also replaced some of my grommets and didnt push them all the way in...so now most of my strings arent sitting on the mp bumps....and even some of the grommets are sticking out.
    WOT A POO STRINGING JOB!!!!! and it was jennifer...the ex olympic player....ugh i'm dissapointed in lees.
    did anyone else have a similar experience with lees?

2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    it is not whether she or he was an olympic player but whether she or he spends the time and care with their client treasure.

3. BaMBaM

BaMBaM Guest

If strung w/ them 4 times now. They've never warped my frames. Just find another stringer if you don't like it there. What did they say about your racquet before you got it strung?

4. Tony

Tony Guest

My racquets were all strung at Lee's and so far so good.
    Your racquet might have hair line cracks without you knowing. It gives you a very good excuse to buy a YY MP100 and ask for a discount.

5. Jennifer Lee

Jennifer Lee Guest

Shaun, when you brought your raquet in, it was already strung with the original string it's a new CAB23 with NO SERIAL number (I already feel that it is a fake CAB23)! But I decided to string your raquet anyway at your request (main 21lbs and cross 23lbs) Although I know that after I strung your raquet at that high tension it will be warped, because your raquet is not a real yonex raquet that is made in Japan. When I string your raquet, I DID NOT change any grommets. As everyone knows, if you're using a yonex raquet, their grommets are differnet from others and will not break as easily. The paint job is lousy, the grip is not the original one, so obivously your raquet is a FAKE CAB23. I can guarantee that it was not the workmanship but the poor quality of your FAKE raquet. So why don't you let everyone know which store you bought your raquet from so everyone will be more alert. I personally have strung and seen a lot of fake raquets since I've had been sponsered by YONEX when I was a player and now as a coach. I believe that I have good knowledge about whether that raquet is fake or not. By the way, if anyone suspects that their raquet is fake, you're welcome to come by and asked for my opinions and suggestions!

Hope that'll help!
    Jennifer

6. Don

Don Regular Member

This really makes me laugh to see this. It looks to be a rebuttle of a poor stringing job, but besides addressing the issue of a bad stringing job, we have another accusation of a local dealer. I can seriously say that all the racquets that I have brought to my stringer are strung correctly and there has been no doubt that my racquets are legitimate or are my friends who buy from the same dealer. Using the "fake" excuse is so sad. If your business is being taken away because of another dealer that sells cheaper racquets then get a new business model.

7. shaun

shaun Regular Member

Theatre boy!!
    IGNORANCE

Jennifer, why would u suspect my racquet is fake all because it doesnt have hte proper serials? it doesnt have serials thats true. And lousy paint job? ok well listen:
    all the racquets that yonex make are not flawless cosmetically....so what do they do with the racquets that dont pass QC? they dont simply throw it out! that would be utterly stupid correct? So, in order to still continue to make profits on non QC passed racquets, they sell them cheaper. Look, a clone racquet would not play this well--IT DOES NOT VIBRATE like you said it would. Another thing, clones would be of BAD quality. because think about it for a sec, a CLONE means they want to sell it cheaper and make money at the same time. WELL HOW ON EARTH DO U MAKE A CLONE FROM THE SAME MATERIAL AND HAVE IT THE SAME QUALITY AS YONEX? HOW CAN A CLONE BE THE SAME BALANCE, WEIGHT AND FLEX AS THE ORIGINAL? no one is stupid enough to do that sort of thing because it would cost just as much to make as a real yonex racquet! clones cant even make the exact same paint colors because they dont have the mixings, they cant make the exact same size racquet because they dont have the mould. they cant make it from the same material because they dont have the proper mixture.
    SO THEN, my racquet is not fake because it meets all of yonex's specifications.
    Being such a large fan of badminton, you, Jennifer Lee, would know what an RDC machine is...Well, my racquet has been tested on an RDC machine and its the exact same spec as the "original" cab23. I can bet you your whole store that this is real---dont diss up racquets all because you could have made mistakes in stringing yourself---no one is perfect and everyone does a fault at some point in time....its only a matter of admitting!

8. shaun

shaun Regular Member

Theatre boy!!
    at least Don understands..(nt)

nt=no text

9. shaun

shaun Regular Member

Theatre boy!!
    oh another thing

Jennifer, as for my racquet coming with bg65 strings, its because the store i got it from strung it....is that so hard to accept? THAT A STORE CAN STRING A FRAME WITH YONEX STRINGS?
    wrong grip....ya thats cos yonex doesnt bother gripping the frames with their good grip once they dont pass qc, they dont even bother to stamp on serials cos all serials do is show where the racquet is meant to be shipped.
    if u think serials are so special, then heres some info for u: SERIALS ARE ENGRAVED! how hard is it to engrave a serial into a racquet? not very hard at all.
    any clone could have a serial...

10. Louie

Louie Guest

Re: Lets all take it easy

I really think that using this forum as a place to vent against the retailers is wrong.
    There are so many things that people dont know and that could have happened.
    Lets be really sure of something before we post it on the forum.
    This is not the first time this has happened.

11. Confused

Confused Guest

Re: IGNORANCE

The dealer in question has said in an earlier discussion that some of his rackets come from pro's and all of his rackets are of "newest and best" quality, now you say that these racquets don't pass QC. I'm confused now.

12. ?????

????? Guest

Gees people

Hey frist of all ,clone racquets can be made from the same stuff. just does not perform they way the real racquet does.Shaun your cab 23 could be fake because some shipments are highjacked then replaced by the fake ones and when they get to the store the owner might not knows it's fake.I had a vf 95 long that broke and jad no serial number on it.At frist i thought it was fake but after asking around i found out racquets made in taiwan don't have serial numbers on them.

13. shaun

shaun Regular Member

Theatre boy!!

by did not pass qc, i meant that some of the racquets are cosmetically defected and are therefore sold for cheaper than usual

14. cooler

cooler Regular Member

I considered yang yang, winex, fleece, and other knock-offs are all fakes too but that doesnt mean they automatically warps upon stringing. I have strung cracked fake all graphite rackets (they cost 40 cdn$ per new racket with bag, that's how cheap they were) before (0.5 to 0.75 inch cracks at 2 to 3 o'clock position but with client approvals, 22 lbs) and they are still currently being used. Peter gade got his slim 10 up to 31 o 33 lbs with no problem. Save your breath talking about fakes. Warps can be done on all rackets, including yonex, easy.

In term of Lee's reputation, this is only my first story i heard as i live in the west. Let be fair and not judge a business on one incident. Unfortunately for Lee Badminton, everyone here at Badmintoncentral are keeners and knows every inch of their rackets.

cooler

15. two cents

two cents Guest

so shaun where did you get your racquet anyways? i'm thinking about buying a cab 23 myself and would rather be more informed before i make such a purchase.

and as for it be real or fake isn't there anywhere you can send it to get it checked out? yonex maybe?

16. hackRus

hackRus Guest

there are such things that are fake you know, like i mean imitations. if you have ever been to hk or shengzhen you would know. nike, prada, louis vutton, ekco, etc. they look exactly a like and sometimes even have authenticity certificates, but they are fake. does anyone know what i am trying to get at. people who make knock off go all the way. the logos, the designs, and the certificates. but some things just can't be done. i had a friend that went to l.a. and got a pair of nike air max running shoes cos he thought it was really cheap, $30US. he didn't suspect it was fake at all. it was the latest design and didn't seem to have any appearant flaws, but he soon found out it wasn't a deal after all. after wearing in, when the insole was broken in and started to come apart he notice something underneath it, a metal plate. so he pulled out the insole, took out the metal plate and the shoe was hollow! what was suppose to be the air max bubble with nothing but a shell. shows us all to be more careful when shopping.

17. shaun

shaun Regular Member

Theatre boy!!

ya i know wot u mean by fakes hackRus....
    about wot cooler said, it can be true-a yonex racquet could have warped.
    so it could have been the racquets fault, the stringers fault or both.
    but anyway i'm getting an exchange...But how on earth can a YY warp at 21x23.

18. corsair

corsair Guest

Could it be that it didn't pass QC cuz it couldnt handle that tension? I would rather wear real Nike's and know for sure that I would not be injured when I land from a jump smash.

19. Zclyh3

Zclyh3 Regular Member

Not employed during academic school yeah
    You damn straight I know my racket..ahh..the beautiful Ti-10...and of course the B-8100..which I have used this whole week and never touched the Ti-10....and buy from authorized retailers! I'll be using more of the B-8100..hehehe..I love this old steel racket..makes a good weapon too..

20. cooler

cooler Regular Member

like i said, easy. I was given a cab8 (looks new, the aluminum head one) for restringing. It looked warped to me. The previous job was done by a popular racquet-only pro shop in town. Its sticker has date of stringing and tension, read this, 17 lbs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.