K-town boy is here

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by Double_Player, Jun 26, 2006.

1. Double_Player

Double_Player Regular Member

Well, I've been around this froum +/- 6 months now...or more than that, but never really introduce my self. My friend Kelvin told me about this forum. He himself not a member but read a lot of stuffs from here. So a little bit about my self (stalker, go away!)

- Name : Pat (this is a nick name, my full name half of the english speaking ppl have a hard time pronouncing it properly)
    - last name: won't tell u so I can't be traced
    - country of origin: INA (Indonesia)
    - residency: K-town (kingston), Canada
    - Playing level : intermediate...(I'd say advance ;) )
    - highest achevement in badminton : finalist for my club's MD tournament in B flight
    - playing venues: Regularly: Limestone BC, YMCA, occ: RMC once: Queen's U gym
    - Equipments: 2 BK BAi920 strung at 24 lbs with BG 65 Ti and Ashaway rally 22, 1 MP 22, and if everything is going allright E-1000. Mizuno shoes, Head bag, Victor tourney feather, Mavis 350 nylon.
    - place of getting money: right now I'm working in real estate industry

I don't start playing badminton regularly untill HS. Back home almost everyone play badminton, and there is a big league going on. usually sponsored by the cigarette kretek company..Djarum Kudus, Gudang Garam, etc etc....

Sport background:
    - was in provincial swimming team for DKI Jakarta for a couple years before the economy collapse in 1998. I've swam in the national championship (Kejurnas). Was gold medalist for various events...2 years in a row for relays in Gubernur Cup (governor's cup) in DKI. Was with Pelita Jaya Swimming Club, then Pelita Bakrie Swimming club, then it's totally off... Swam independently for about 2 years before move to canada with my family. I used to get paid every week by the club (I think my parents put money in so it motivate me and putting it in the club's official envelope, but who cares...the coach gave it to me, I was still in school Gr 6-ish). So I can call my self a professional swimmer ...lol:D . But I haven't swim since I arrived in this frigid land call Canada. Don't feel the need to do that since I was playing soccer and badminton.

- Play soccer for St. Lawrence College for 2 years... was a so-so player. I play forward

- play badminton at the local club, Limestone Badminton Club (this one is open to public, the other two u gotta be associated with Queen's U or have flexible lunch hour...RMC plays every lunch hour for "scheduled" hour)

- I do lot's of weight lifting lately...benching 165 lbs at the moment and I weight 150 lbs. not bad for a short asian guy...:eek: :D

- will start to play soccer again this summer after stopping for 2 years.

So it's a long introduction... but give you guys some idea about me:cool:

2. nelsonkong

nelsonkong Regular Member

Quantity Surveyor
    wow pat...that's really a long detailed intro..XD...welcome to BC forum...lol..you have already been here for a long time..XD.
    Have fun then.

3. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Welcome to BCBF.. you are definately a sportman!

4. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    Nice intro. Great to have you on board, and kudos for the nice intro post. I was so getting used to the:

"Hi, just joined. C'ya"

kind of posts. This is a refreshing change.

-dave

5. Double_Player

even though internet is used to be virtual, it become more and more real everyday. it parts of our world and everyday life, so if in real world I would do proper introduction might as well I do one when u join some club/forum, espc as big as BCBF.

Ants: yeah, thanks. :)

6. icefire_8

icefire_8 Regular Member

Student
    Hey Pat,

You got to get back to playing again

G

7. GTAveteran

GTAveteran Regular Member

You sound extremely tank.

8. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

(A bit of grave digging)..But a belated welcome..

..to BCDF, Double_Player!:)..Hope you'll stick around & won't fade into oblivion like many other non-active BCers!;):cool:

9. Double_Player

I'm still around, lurking. I try to give my knees a break from the constant lunges and sudden stop and go. playing soccer with the kingston police this summer. I will be getting back to baddy in the fall :D

10. Gosupizza

Gosupizza Regular Member

still going to play at limestone? Going back to queen's for uni so i'll prob be there again :p Mind you I haven't played in about 3 years.