Nanospeed 9000X or 800, whats the difference?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by nikita22f, Jun 28, 2006.

1. nikita22f

nikita22f Regular Member

Nurse
    I was thinking about the 800 and just noticed ( better late than never ) that the 900 is out. I like to smash a lot which i am working on to rather place my shots than smash ( seems to work better ), play singles and drop shot. I don´t really care much about the sound, play offensive and fast. Now the 900 isn´t cheap, i don´t want to buy the 800 and then start drolling over the 900.
    Which one has better control and accuracy? Worked on my wrist and went from weak to middle strength, any suggestions are welcome.

2. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Guten Tug nikita22f,

There are alot of post on these 2 racquet models already. Do a search and you will find a lot of usefull info on these racquets.

You asked a very tricky question. I assume you are asking about difference between NS8000 vs NS9000. Here are some basic info. NS9000 comes in 2 versions. NS9000x and NS9000s. The shaft stiffness according to YY is (soft to stiff) NS9000s-NS8000-NS9000x. NS8K has the thinest frame of all 3. You can do a search on the meterial difference between these racquets. From the frame design, I feel NS8K is the weakest of all 3. NS9K has wide frame design which is good stability during a smash.

I have a NS8K and I love it because it give me great control and I can generate power without any problem. I tried NS9Kx and I have a lot of problem with it. Sir DinksALot think it might be due to the demo racquet's string (BG65-I don't like it and don't use it anymore) and tension (it was strung @22X24lb and sound like 20X22 when I tried it) I agree with him. However, many member here find the NS9Kx is very difficult to use. (Different for every one. I think NS9Ks will be a better racquet to generate power and it is closer to my Cab30ms.

Try out all 3 racquets and see which one you like the most. My opinion is jut that-my opinion.

#2 silentheart, Jun 28, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2006
  3. nikita22f

nikita22f Regular Member

Nurse
    Ns 8k

NS 8K it is, most of the people here ( looked at the other threads here ) seem to be more comfortable with the 800 than the 900, Which suits me quite well, since its 50% cheaper than the other one, although who am i kidding i would have paid for the 900 as well if you guys would have recommended it.

4. quik_silver

quik_silver Regular Member

Analyst
  5. CoolDoo6

CoolDoo6 Regular Member

Things are cheap for a reason. From your name, I assume you are a 22 year old female. I used NS8k and I see other men use NS8k with difficulty. Unless your technique and/or muscle is particularly well developed, you are going to have a hard time using the racket.

If you must get an NS8K, get a clone or a fake. Mostly these are better for power than the real thing. I strung a fake NS8K a couple of days ago for a female of 5'1 height. She could get reasonable, but not great, power from it. The fake is 5mm longer, and head heavy when compared to the Yonex.

6. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Errr... Not really agree.

I have no problem to see ppl pick up a legit brand rather than Yonex. However, once you pick such a racket, no need to really have the NS8k name or color in mind. For whatever reason you don't pick NS8k, no need to keep the idea "it should at least sound/look like one". Just pick up a legit product from other brand, which suit for you better.

However, a fake is always a NONO. Not only because it's un-reliable quality or possible safety concern, it's simply against the law. :(

7. nikita22f

nikita22f Regular Member

Nurse
    Well, i got the NS800 and quite frankly didn´t bother to even get a fake, i mean whats the use of doing that to begin with? The material is cheap, it wont last me long and if i get a fake i might as well go to a discount store and get a $5 racket. For some reason people seem to believe that it doesn´t matter if its real or not, well it does matter. Another thing, no i am not 22, i am 28 and yes i am tiny as well 5´1 and i handle the NS800 pretty good. I think with the right technique and training even a small woman can handle and improve her playing. Thanks for the suggestions

8. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Hi there!

Firstly its get really confusing when you talk about the 800 .. There is an Armortec 800 , but no Nanospeed 800.. There is however a Nanospeed 8000 model..

Whichever you have bought, I am happy you are happy.. But your view that it will be stronger beacuase its high quality original is far from the truth (These advanced models are quite fragile, because of its advanced technology and head lightness, the less expensive original models are usually heavier and more "robust").. so just take care of it and be careful when you use it :D

/Twobeer

#8 twobeer, Aug 4, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2006
  9. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Amen, to that (apart from the safety part :p ) ! :cool:

/T

#9 twobeer, Aug 4, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2006