User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CWB001
    Not true. If you go to the IBF home page and look at the bottom for a button labelled "New Rally Points System" you will find the new laws in their entirety along with the appendices.

Alternatively go here: http://www.internationalbadminton.or...ointsystem.asp
    Thank you. Silly me. Looking for something called "The Laws of Badminton" in a link called "Statutes" instead of a link called "Rally Point Scoring System Final". What was I thinking? Still a little baffling that they would revise the "laws" and then leave both the new and the old document(without marking it as "outdated") up on their website but at least the new one is there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Placement of Rule Changes?

Hello All

I am glad that I was not the only one who had problems in finding the current rules that are being followed.

Personally, I think this is just an confusion of procedure of where to find current rules/bylaws that have been changed. I would like to thank IBF. I auctically emailed IBf for a clarification of the current by laws and (to my suprise) the IBF informed me as to where to find the current by-laws that are being used on the IBF websight. As pointed out by CWB001.

I am sorry, but I feel that this is a SIGNIFICANT rule change that has not been talked about enough here.

Should the rules be different for people who are following the current Rally Scoring system as opposed to the people who are following the old 3X15 system?

Take care,
    Toddster

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The new laws make it clear that the only option is to stick with the old scoring system (law 7.1 and appendices). You have to follow the new laws as far as serving (laws 9.1.1 and 9.1.6), double hits (law 13.3.8) and passing around the net (law 13.3.3) are concerned.

I suspect the real reason for the racquet head change is that the old law was not properly enforced and they have now given up. It is potentially quite significant, though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2