Badminton: Kim Her mulling over BAM’s offer

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by ants, Jun 28, 2006.

1. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    29 Jun 2006
    NST
    THE BA of Malaysia (BAM) is ready to hire Tan Kim Her as doubles coach for the 2010-2012 project Squad from Dec 1.

However, Kim Her, who is South Korea’s men’s doubles coach, has yet to notify his intention of returning to Malaysia to the Korea BA.

Kim Her, a former national player, accepted the Korea BA’s offer to train their men’s doubles pairs in January 2005.

Kim Her, in a telephone interview from Seoul yesterday, said he wanted to concentrate on the World Championships in Madrid on Sept 18-24 and the Doha Asian Games on Dec 1-15 first before considering the offer. The badminton programme ends on Dec 9.

"The Asian Games are very important to South Korea and they also want me to continue until the 2008 Beijing Olympics. I will inform them of my decision after that (the Asian Games)," said Kim Her.

"There is also the world championships in Madrid in September, and as such, it is a little too early to commit myself.

"I am keen on returning to Malaysia but there are a few matters such as the programme and BAM’s plans for me to consider before I accept a contract.

"It is a long time between now and the Asian Games but I’m interested in offering my services to Malaysia where my coaching career started."

Under Kim Her’s tutelage, Jung Jae Sung-Lee Yong Dae have become one of the most improved pairs on the international circuit and the Koreans are certain to offer an extension to his contract which expires in December.

Although Kim Her wants to coach the national men’s senior squad, national head coach Yap Kim Hock is more keen to see Kim Her work with the Project 2010-2012 squad which is headed by Rashid Sidek.

Kim Her is expected to bring changes to the current set-up where the successful methods of the Koreans will be adopted in the training programme for the project squad which comprises players aged between 18 and 22.

Kim Her’s presence in the project squad is also expected to overcome the lack of quality back-up doubles players coming through the ranks to join the senior team.

2. hara^kazuko

hara^kazuko Regular Member

thank you for the information.. ;)

3. event

event Regular Member

Anyone have any idea what this part means?

4. thiery

thiery Regular Member

I think it is the badminton programme in Korea.

5. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

Mal starts to produce world class coaches that help to raise the standard in other countries. Tan Kim Her proves himself he is currently one of the best doubles coach in the world, sitting side by side with Rexy , Yap Kim Hock, and LYB.