Korean star says badminton is her beauty secret

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by event, Jun 30, 2006.

1. event

event Regular Member

This article just came out on Badminton Times.
    [​IMG]
    The title translates as "The Secret to Movie Star Go So-young's Dream Figure is Badminton". I don't know if any of you have heard of this actress. She stars in the recent horror movie Apartment. The article says that while many actresses lie and say that even if they eat, they don't gain weight, Go(34) really watches her calories and that she goes out and plays badminton in the moonlight. She says that "If I take a shuttlecock out and night and hit it with intensity for about 30 minutes, the sweat pours off me like rain."

2. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    wow.....hot sial!!!!! i want her

3. __Lam

__Lam Regular Member

sweet, this should bring more women to the court lol.

4. madbad

madbad Regular Member

She doesn't look a day over 26 :D :D

5. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    I used babelfish for translation but didnt make sense.
    can a korean literate person translate the badminton portion into english?

#5 cooler, Jun 30, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2006
  6. event

event Regular Member

That must have been interesting. Due to the astounding number of homonyms in Korean (many are Chinese characters imported but stripped of their distinguishing tones), automatic Korean-English translations are notoriously useless. For example, this article calling Go So-young(高素榮) Accusation Zero(告訴零) talks about stone 3000000000000 yuss cyo (石三兆yusscyo) but it really means "kills three birds with one stone"(一石三鳥) meaning that badminton makes her sweat a lot thus leaving her refreshed, it helps her lose weight, and it helps her sleep.

The title is priceless Film Actor Accusation Zero 'Annular Shape Constipation Badminton'!

7. event

event Regular Member

Well it starts off by talking about how popular she is with photographers and how often she gets asked for the secret to her beautiful figure. Nothing extraordinary there. Every Korean star is built like a rake - if they weren't, they'd never become stars. Anyway, enough commentary. It continues...
    On this topic, Go So-young said in an interview on the 28th in Gangnam-gu with this newspaper that while "Normally I enjoy hiking but while filming, it's difficult to find the time" she revealed that "When I found the time between film shoots, I played badminton."
    Go So-young, who enjoys sports that consume a lot of energy, has a peculiar approach to badminton. She does not simply hit the bird back and forth casually. Rather, she sets herself a target number of hits and does not stop until she has reached her target number of hits without letting the shuttle touch the ground.
    Because this requires a reasonable level of fitness most of the sparring partners whom she has taken on speak of having been brought to their knees. She displays her prowess in short workouts of 30 minutes to close to an hour and one time she took on 3 male managers who work for her and beat them.
    We often hear actresses lie and say "No matter how much I eat, I don't gain weight". However, Go So-young was different. She said she goes out and plays badminton every night to burn calories.
    "If I take a shuttlecock out and night and hit it with intensity for about 30 minutes, the sweat pours off me like rain. Sweating out that waste water leaves my body refreshed, I lose weight, and I even sleep better so it's killing three birds with one stone."
    The manager beside her said "One time in going for a record of hitting the shuttle 50 times in a row without letting it drop, I thought I was going to die" but that "while So-young refused to give up, two managers took turns hitting the shutttle with the same racquet and were left thoroughly exhausted. She has a lung capacity that [Manchester United footballer]Park Ji-sung would be proud of."
    Sorry. I didn't have time for the last 3 paragraphs. They might not be about the badminton anyway.

8. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    Thanks for the tranlation event, it is the badminton that I was interested in. Nice to see another celebrity comes out to talk about badminton and their benefits

9. event

event Regular Member

I just checked again when I had more time. There is nothing about badminton in the last 3 paragraphs.

By the way, the badminton magazine just grabbed this from a mainstream paper but their English edition doesn't have this article. They have another one in English though about the same actress.

10. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    She is pretty...

11. sshuang90

sshuang90 Regular Member

We all know what is Korean stars' beauty secret.

12. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part
    We do? Would you enlighten us if we share the same opinion? lol.

13. SmashAtYourFace

SmashAtYourFace Regular Member

wow that babe is gorgeous!!!!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ants
    She is pretty...

what i would do.........
    :)

14. staples

staples Regular Member

She's indeed hot. Looks like Korea has found themselves a potential embassador to this sport. :D

15. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    That is an understatement...:eek:

16. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    If only we got these ladies at the courts eh?

17. joonu

joonu Regular Member

executive
    Really Go is beautiful and badminton must have helped her a lot in maintaining her beauty and body shape.But there are a no.of fatty badminton players who attend national level coaching camp thrice or twice a year.

18. Player13

Player13 Regular Member

agreed... :eek: badminton has taken 8 years off her age haha XD

Koreans are big on plastic surgery... and i'm not just talkin celebs... its really mainstream for women (not sure about the men) to put their faces under the knife.

19. sihker

sihker Regular Member

Aren't you just over-reacting? :D Next, Pamela Anderson (insert somebody younger and prettier) with nice boobies says that she likes badminton, you will go all boing-boing? :D
    And by badminton, she of course means a nice back yard/swimming pool birdie chasing moonlight/sunshine caressing her silky skin and beautiful curves :)
    I'm all for the nice bouncy things, nevermind the "badminton".

20. Stinkiray

Stinkiray Regular Member

Reviving this thread.

Kinda irony that she her name is Go So Young.Judging from her name I wouldn't be surprised if she looks 18.