Anup Sridhar's Blog

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by badmad, Jul 3, 2006.

1. badmad

badmad Regular Member

Hi guys,
    Indian shuttler Anup Sridhar maintains his blog at http://anupsridhar.blogspot.com/. Check it out. He has some good articles about his own first-hand experience at various tournaments.
    I have sent him a request to join this community. Lets see if he has enough time to share with us.

long live badminton,
    badmad

2. x50926x

x50926x Regular Member

Student
    His blog is quite interesting, a pleasure to read...we can now find out how biased some umpires are :D :D

3. seawell

seawell Regular Member

Anup Sridhar shows he can go the distance in the international arena

Triggering hopes with a rousing run

Vivek Phadnis

[​IMG]

What Anup Sridhar achieved at the World Badminton Championship in Kuala Lumpur was nothing short of fantastic....

What Anup Sridhar achieved at the World Badminton Championship in Kuala Lumpur was nothing short of fantastic. It looks like he has made a transition, from being a good player who created a flutter or two at open international events to becoming someone who can give the top players a run for their money. Sridhar is really getting there.

After winning the first round against Austrian Juergen Koch, he went on to tame Indonesia’s World No 10 and Olympic champion Taufik Hidayat in the second round. Recovering from that tough encounter and then beating World No 16 and local player Muhammad Hafiz Hashim in the pre-quarterfinals was proof that Sridhar is made of stern stuff.

The most interesting aspect of Sridhar’s win is that he has proved that he is out of the cocoon. His confidence levels were and will be high. He is technically sound. He is able to read the opponent and think for himself on the court. These are traits which Sridhar has cultivated and the results are there for all to see. “In the last World Championship, I was disappointed with the way I performed,” Sridhar said. “I was determined to do better in the event this time.

Confident

“After beating Koch in the first round, I was confident of my chances of beating Taufik. I had been thinking about how to do this. I had had discussions with Gopichand about this. After I beat Taufik, I was really confident. Before I played Hafiz Hashim, I felt I had a 60-40 chance of beating him. After beating Hafiz, I was all pumped up and thought I had a 50-50 chance with Lin Dan,” Sridhar said.

“But with Lin, I could not keep pace in the second game. I was not able to recover quick enough to play against him. The fact is also that he is one of the best players.”

Accolades poured in for Sridhar from Australian and Danish coaches. But the trainee of Prakash Padukone Badminton Academy is not the one to get carried away by success. Sridhar’s policy is simple. Once a job is done, concentrate on the next. “I just used to head back to the room after matches because I had to be focussed,” Sridhar stated.

Could this good show in Kuala Lumpur be a turning point in his badminton career? “I can’t really say that this will be the turning point in my career,” Sridhar felt. “I have had several good wins in my career. I would say the wins in the German Open earlier this year were good. I got a confidence boost after beating players like Germany’s Bjoern Joppien and Korea’s Park Sung-hwan there. I was feeling bad after losing in the senior Nationals and these wins gave me a boost.”

European circuit

Now that Sridhar knows what he is capable of, it is time to recover and get cracking again. He will be active on the European circuit and pit his skills with the best in the Dutch, Danish and French Open, all of which are Super Series events. But before that, Anup will be playing in front of his home crowd in the Indian Open at Hyderabad early next month. “I understand some top players are coming. It will be a good event to play in,” Sridhar said.

To do well, Sridhar needs to get back and do some planning. “There are so many things which need to be looked into. Things like how to recover after a hard day, how to play better at the net and many more things need to be worked out. I am not getting complacent about this. I just have to keep working hard,” Sridhar remarked.

“I need to discuss with my coaches and people at the academy about the next course of action. I may even train in Europe for a couple of weeks before playing in the circuit.”

Even after a good run at a major event, Sridhar does not let success bog him down. The young man’s policy is simple. He believes in improving all the time. And he is one who will remain committed.

#3 seawell, Aug 22, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2007
  4. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    I am rooting for the rise of Indian Badminton! We need this giant country to wake up, really wake up that Badminton should be their national sport! ...at least a close second to Cricket [which I assume is the most popular sport in India]... C'mon badminton is so much fun to play and watch... It should be able to compete well against Cricket...

On an off-topic note: With so much people and a growing economy [thus money and funding], India deserve to be good at many world sports. Somehow India is behind in Soccer, Basketball, Track & Field, Swimming, etc. And I still can't believe INA and IND cannot find 11 decent soccer players to compete well in the world scene...

#4 Krisna, Aug 23, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2007
  5. bic33

bic33 Regular Member

he's good in english, i must say...:D
    well written...

6. cqmy1612

cqmy1612 Regular Member

Student
    haha yea. agree with ya bic33.

7. malayali

malayali Regular Member

namaskaaram..
    Yonex Shoes; Ashaway socks???
    Attire by Yonex, but the racket by Ashaway???
    Wonder if he is sponsored by any of these big corporates???

8. cqmy1612

cqmy1612 Regular Member

Student
    malayali : hmm.. or maybe he's not sponsored? hmm.. :confused:

9. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    He writes intelligently. Looks like he learns from his experiences. I've never seen him play though.

10. cqmy1612

cqmy1612 Regular Member

Student
    before his game, I underestimated him. and I was like.. who's this Indian player? soon when I watch the game. I was like *woot!*.. haha. seriously.. he has a bright future. for India, it's a good start :D

11. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    most india people can speak english :p :p.. like philipino

12. C L BAO

C L BAO Regular Member

Student
    Anup hadnt been updating since last year... Just like KKK. *faint
    But good thing KKK still reply to the comments. *HA or his fans will be MAD. lmao

13. Go_Green

Go_Green Regular Member

national serviceman
    can i hav kkk's blog address??

14. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

latest anup sridhar`s news..

According to India's Deepika Global, Anup Sridhar has hired Tom John to be his travelling coach to prepare for the Olympics. John, a well known figure in the coaching business had been the coach of Prakash Padukone, Vimal Kumar and Pullela Gopichand, three of India's finest shuttlers.

Sridhar is currently in the top 30 and India's top shuttler - the only one in the men's single event who will represent his country should he stay ahead of his compatriots until May 1st.

15. malayali

malayali Regular Member

namaskaaram..
    That is good to hear; maybe he will jump over the hurdle & win one of these tournaments.
    Anytime someone mentions Prakash Padukone these days, all I can think about is about his daughter, Deepika. & I lose my focus for the whole day!!!! She is so beautiful.....

16. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    It's ironic that you should mention Padukone's daughter here :)
    I did make a post earlier in a discussion on the game as a career.

Look at what she earns and what a shuttler like her father earns :eek:

17. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Tom John was Morten Frost's coach too.
    Quite an unorthodox coach :cool:

He might be useful for Anup Sridhar.

18. malayali

malayali Regular Member

namaskaaram..
    No comparison, thats for sure.
    But the deal is, you have to be born with such great "assets" to be able to turn it into money!!!!
    & the scary thing is, she has just started her career!!!

19. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

No Derailments, Please

Let's stay with Anup Sridhar and badminton here ;)

20. malayali

malayali Regular Member

namaskaaram..
    LOL. true that... true that..:D
    Thats why I said before that I get 'phased-out' when anyone mentions Deepika... Sorry....
    Anyways, good luck to Anup & hope that he will be able beat Lin Dan one of these days.....