User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 18 to 34 of 39
  1. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    327
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sealman
    Last night, I watched last year's runners-up (seeded no. 2) Robert/Ridwan lost to the safra pair.
    Ridwan/Robert is not last year's runners-up but semi-finalist. last year's runners up is Gerald Ho.

    Yes, I watched too, that match was the most exciting of yesterday i think.

  2. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sealman
    Yes. Where is this pair from?
    THey are from indonesia. malik is coach of MJC son of Basri coach of sports school. damm power!

  3. #20
    Regular Member maa2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Kemaman, Malaysia
    Posts
    1,765
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    go ExtremePower ............ maybe the only pair from BC forum till round-4

  4. #21
    Regular Member maa2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Kemaman, Malaysia
    Posts
    1,765
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    UPDATE FROM CHEERS :

    - Aman/Rocky beat Yap/Chng
    - Ardian/Malik beat Joe"ExtremePower"/Seah
    - Lau/Law beat Toh/Hoang

  5. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    327
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maa2003
    UPDATE FROM CHEERS :

    - Aman/Rocky beat Yap/Chng
    - Ardian/Malik beat Joe"ExtremePower"/Seah
    - Lau/Law beat Toh/Hoang
    thanks.

    so tonight match will be

    Aman/Rocky vs Ardian/Malik

    gonna be exciting i guess.

  6. #23
    Regular Member maa2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Kemaman, Malaysia
    Posts
    1,765
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think I must be there to see after working hour ....

    Quote Originally Posted by eskey
    thanks.
    so tonight match will be
    Aman/Rocky vs Ardian/Malik
    gonna be exciting i guess.

  7. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    252
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maa2003
    I think I must be there to see after working hour ....

    no disrespect for malik and adrian, but aman and rocky is too strong
    for them. i guess it's going to be straight set.

  8. #25
    Regular Member maa2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Kemaman, Malaysia
    Posts
    1,765
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    nice result from Winner's Badminton Club ........ 3 pairs all went to QF, we'll see their result tonite starting from 8.45pm on QF.

    Team SilverGrey : 1 pair
    Winner's Badminton Club : 3 pairs
    Chinese Swimming Club : 1 pair
    SAFRA : 3 pairs

    SAFRA vs Winner's in 2 MD matches.

  9. #26
    Regular Member maa2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Kemaman, Malaysia
    Posts
    1,765
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    SF of MD :

    - SilverGrey vs Winner's
    - SAFRA vs SAFRA

  10. #27
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maa2003
    UPDATE FROM CHEERS :

    - Aman/Rocky beat Yap/Chng
    - Ardian/Malik beat Joe"ExtremePower"/Seah
    - Lau/Law beat Toh/Hoang
    oh extremenanopower is Joe? i guess he noes me. scott here.... er, just to say hi, hahax

  11. #28
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    327
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scanner
    no disrespect for malik and adrian, but aman and rocky is too strong
    for them. i guess it's going to be straight set.
    yes, you are correct. Aman/Rocky is too strong for Malik/Ardian. I was expecting to be tight match or even rubber but straight set. I just wonder why, maybe because of Aman's reputation make the opponent can't play at their best and eventually lost tamely.

    I guess, Aman/Rocky will meet Gerald Ho/Desmond in the final. but who know there is an upset tomorrow for SF, shall just see.

  12. #29
    Moderator Oldhand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    7,328
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Wink Very Little Cheer

    Quote Originally Posted by Netasia
    i went last night to show my support.
    I was there too
    Guess who Netasia was exclusively watching?
    Quote Originally Posted by Netasia
    ... most of the female double players can play much better than me...
    I did shoot some video... and I have on tape Desmond/Gerald easily (and rather politely) undoing a younger duo
    I also have some pretty damning video clips of someone without power, much less the extreme variety
    Maybe I will sell them to the highest bidder
    Although the tournament did seem to suffer from some confusion (and a dismal lack of game quality in the opening rounds), the big letdown was the wind . Add all the ceiling-mounted fans to the open doorway, and it's as windy inside the hall as Chicago

    When's the final?

  13. #30
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    327
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    final is saturday, 5.30 pm start with boys and girls first.

  14. #31
    Regular Member extremenanopowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    SG. Go for NCAP-L2 certified coach.
    Posts
    11,704
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up qtr final.

    When I lost the game to them, I think indonesia is much stronger. Malik did most of the mistakes. So, better watch out for this indonesian guy. Good future for him. Now I know what Timothy and Kenny Wong also lost to him. If my partner didn't keep on smashing on the outside line, we could have given them a better game.
    Ok man, lets move to Toa Payoh tournament this sunday. Different partner this time. 10am. Yee hah!!!.
    rgds
    Quote Originally Posted by Scanner
    no disrespect for malik and adrian, but aman and rocky is too strong
    for them. i guess it's going to be straight set.

  15. #32
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    252
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by extremenanopowe
    When I lost the game to them, I think indonesia is much stronger. Malik did most of the mistakes. So, better watch out for this indonesian guy. Good future for him. Now I know what Timothy and Kenny Wong also lost to him. If my partner didn't keep on smashing on the outside line, we could have given them a better game.
    Ok man, lets move to Toa Payoh tournament this sunday. Different partner this time. 10am. Yee hah!!!.
    rgds
    hi extremenanopower, i was there last nite. who is your partner then i know
    who are you, maybe i know you. after aman finished his game i went to shake
    his hand then move to watch eric law/lau wing cheok lost to michael the/ satya adi nugroho. lau wing cheok played badly and couldn't take the pressure from nugroho. this young boy , michael kept on smashing till lau break down and his coach , nugroho just wait and the net to pounce on any lose shots,and he was the one who control; the game all the way and it
    cost eric and lau the match. this guy, nugroho is good. he coach michael at
    tpy hall on weekdays , but michael is still very raw. michael did play well by smashing all the way, but if they use the same strategy again with michael behind against aman and rocky then this time they will be in trouble. aman
    and rocky is a very different kind of quality player, power and speed and able to convert defence to attack. i predict aman and rocky will take them straight set. see you guys there tonite. i love watching aman play.

    cheers

  16. #33
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    327
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scanner
    hi extremenanopower, i was there last nite. who is your partner then i know
    who are you, maybe i know you. after aman finished his game i went to shake
    his hand then move to watch eric law/lau wing cheok lost to michael the/ satya adi nugroho. lau wing cheok played badly and couldn't take the pressure from nugroho. this young boy , michael kept on smashing till lau break down and his coach , nugroho just wait and the net to pounce on any lose shots,and he was the one who control; the game all the way and it
    cost eric and lau the match. this guy, nugroho is good. he coach michael at
    tpy hall on weekdays , but michael is still very raw. michael did play well by smashing all the way, but if they use the same strategy again with michael behind against aman and rocky then this time they will be in trouble. aman
    and rocky is a very different kind of quality player, power and speed and able to convert defence to attack. i predict aman and rocky will take them straight set. see you guys there tonite. i love watching aman play.

    cheers
    I think extremenanopower lost to Malik/ardian in the afternoon, therefore he didn't play for night match, correct extremenanopower?

    Yes, I agree. Satya (michael's partner) is the key for their team who control the game. For certain level of opponent it works, but it won't work against Aman/Rocky, because the level is different, and the team balance is different also, Aman/Rocky is the most balanced team which you can not take/exploit on one or other, but for Satya/Michael, there is a weak point that the opponent can exploit. I guess will be easy for Aman/Rocky to the final. However, Michael is very very young, i think 17/18 yo.
    Last edited by eskey; 09-07-2006 at 08:44 PM.

  17. #34
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Thomson, Singapore.
    Posts
    3,729
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eskey

    I guess, Aman/Rocky will meet Gerald Ho/Desmond in the final. but who know there is an upset tomorrow for SF, shall just see.
    Aman/Rocky will most probably be in the finals. Gerald/Desmond vs Kevin/Adrian should be a tighter affair. Don't forget Kevin/Adrian beat the no.2 seeds Ridwan Basri/Robert Sugarra.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 11
    : 11-13-2008, 05:07 AM
  2. Replies: 52
    : 12-13-2007, 09:29 AM
  3. Cheers Age group 3 December
    By extremenanopowe in forum Singapore
    Replies: 5
    : 12-03-2007, 08:13 AM
  4. Cheers Age Group Doubles 2006 Pictures
    By Loh in forum Singapore
    Replies: 10
    : 09-18-2006, 02:51 AM
  5. Cheers Age Group (Singles) 2006
    By Loh in forum Singapore
    Replies: 14
    : 06-30-2006, 05:51 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •