Which Forza racket plays similar to MP100?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Forza fan, Jun 7, 2001.

1. Forza fan

Forza fan Guest

I'm thinking of getting a Forza racket as a replacement/backup for my MP100 (2U version). Nothing wrong at all with my MP100. Just want to try a different brand and Forza seems like a great brand.
    Which model should I get? I'm already very used to the MP100 and Cab 22 weight and balance.
    If none of the Forza rackets fit the bill, then I'll probably just stick to my MP100.
    Thanks for any help.

2. AZROF

AZROF Guest

Forza Fan
    What is the MP100? I think you should wait and see what new FORZA stuff is coming next year, I heard there is some pretty cool stuff. Anyway if you let me know what the MP100 is I can help you out. I have used Yonex, Black Knight, Carlton, Yang Yang, HiQua, Prince and Victor I have found FORZA to be my favourite. It's always good to give new things a try and see if you like them some people may like it some may not. Also I heard Ardy Wiranata switched from Yonex to FORZA is that true?

3. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    Ardy switched from Yonex to Forza?? um, why?

Anyway, MP100 is the Yonex Muscle Power 100, its an excellent racket

4. AZROF

AZROF Guest

Oh the Muscle, well I don't really like that racket, I don't think there are any FORZA rackets exactly like that. The Tech 900 is like it but lighter and slimer. Anyway I would recommend trying some FORZA rackets out you may like them. I know I did? I haven't tried all the rackets out. Good luck!
    P.S
    I don't know why Ardy switched?

5. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Probably sponsorship. I doubt Yonex are willing to sponsor retired players

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    Actually, ardi was still sponsored by yonex when he came to canada. Ardi made the switch to forza only just recently. Without going into detail, ardi went to forza for reason of the betterment of badminton in canada and north america. Forza wanted a significant presence in north america and this move to get ardi says volume to their commitment.

7. dude

dude Guest

If ardy switched to forza because of its commitment to badminton in Canada, why would he switch from yonex? It seems to me that yonex is the only company that helps support badminton in canada and the US. He must have switched for another reason

8. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    Ardy switched because Yonex wouldn't offer him a good enough deal.
    Forza offered him a great deal, and also with Ardy on board, they can help to promote the sport of badminton even further.

9. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    I know this reply is late, however, if you look at the Junior National scene in Canada, our junior national champs are just about all sponsored by Forza now, along with some of our senior national champs.
    Who did you say was promoting badminton in North America?
    Yonex?
    No wonder why it the sport isn't very big in North America.

10. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    I also go on demonstrational tours to different gymnasiums, and clubs, to get players to try the equipment out, along with the sponsored players.
    This makes the pros more accessible, and also give the kids an idea of what a higher level of badminton is like.
    Something they don't see very often.

In order to be profitable against Yonex... companies must understand, they must promote the sport in North America, as the sport becomes more popular, the market for equipment grows along with it. This will create the competition.