User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 39
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Surrey, Canada
    Posts
    1,540
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Richmond Badminton "Crawl" or "Fest"

    Thinking over what we do with LB every few years, and with the sudden explosion of gyms available, let's consider making LB's next visit into a badminton "Crawl".

    There is an east end arts gallery crawl where in a close proximity area, there are a large number of galleries and studios, and people literally spend the entire night (runs through a weekend) and visits as many galleries as they can.

    We could implement the same - how many different games, gyms and players we could play in one night! In LB's previous visits, the gyms were a bit more distant from each other, but now with gyms so close together, you could literally play at one gym, then "crawl" over to the next gym to play a different group.

    We can get if more organized by the time LB is ready. Hmmmm.... I guess this could be a new method of torture....

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New York, US
    Posts
    10,283
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Errrrr... I think we need to reserve an ambulance for me (or my group), for such an event.

    I am sure some fanatics from my group (if they do show up with me) will love the idea. Trust me, they can just last forever. If you promise them an "all you can eat" dinner afterward, they will just keep running and jumping like crazy.

    Personally, I will see how my schedule can lay out. However, I am afraid I don't have too much freedom in baddy courts, as I used to have... But, hey, I will try my best to at least get through some of the gyms. And (as an excuse) to run away, if I run out of breath at the end.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,302
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Be sure to bring us the good news . And we get to do the Grouse Grind.

    Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy
    Errrrr... I think we need to reserve an ambulance for me (or my group), for such an event.

    I am sure some fanatics from my group (if they do show up with me) will love the idea. Trust me, they can just last forever. If you promise them an "all you can eat" dinner afterward, they will just keep running and jumping like crazy.

    Personally, I will see how my schedule can lay out. However, I am afraid I don't have too much freedom in baddy courts, as I used to have... But, hey, I will try my best to at least get through some of the gyms. And (as an excuse) to run away, if I run out of breath at the end.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Surrey, Canada
    Posts
    1,540
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy
    Errrrr... I think we need to reserve an ambulance for me (or my group), for such an event.

    I am sure some fanatics from my group (if they do show up with me) will love the idea. Trust me, they can just last forever. If you promise them an "all you can eat" dinner afterward, they will just keep running and jumping like crazy.
    That's the great part of the locations of the gyms - there are tons of restaurants in between, many AYCE, so we can do play - eat - play - eat - play - etc ... until ...

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New York, US
    Posts
    10,283
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badrad
    That's the great part of the locations of the gyms - there are tons of restaurants in between, many AYCE, so we can do play - eat - play - eat - play - etc ... until ...
    Sounds good. But I prefer, your guys beating up the other visitors, while me and... going to eat.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badrad
    That's the great part of the locations of the gyms - there are tons of restaurants in between, many AYCE, so we can do play - eat - play - eat - play - etc ... until ...
    hmm, i should redefine the term 'badminton heaven'

  7. #7
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,983
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy
    Errrrr... I think we need to reserve an ambulance for me (or my group), for such an event.
    why do you need transportation? i think the Richmond gyms are pretty close to each other you can just walk... oh wait... never mind....

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun
    why do you need transportation? i think the Richmond gyms are pretty close to each other you can just walk... oh wait... never mind....
    ambulance is LB preferred transportation.
    O2 and IV boosting between courts

  9. #9
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,983
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler
    ambulance is LB preferred transportation.
    O2 and IV boosting between courts
    maybe blood transfusion...

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Surrey, Canada
    Posts
    1,540
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun
    why do you need transportation? i think the Richmond gyms are pretty close to each other you can just walk... oh wait... never mind....
    ...
    must... conserve... energy...
    ...
    must... make... it... to... next...
    a. COURT
    b. Sushi Bar
    c. Emergency Ward
    ...
    darn... you... badrad... *plop*

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New York, US
    Posts
    10,283
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badrad
    ...
    must... conserve... energy...
    ...
    must... make... it... to... next...
    a. COURT
    b. Sushi Bar
    c. Emergency Ward
    ...
    darn... you... badrad... *plop*
    Final answer, "BBBBBBBBBBBB", yeah, I am sure about it.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,302
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeap, the Richmond Hospital Emergency is a few minutes drive away .

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,302
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    When the Han Family and LB & East Coast Gang finalize a date this year or next, please sound the alarm . Kwun should add a special feature to the BF software: an alarm or siren goes off both graphically and accoustically when a gigantic wave of visitors come to a particular town for the sole purpose of beating up the locals on baddie courts.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    coming to a court near you...
    Posts
    28,044
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    We'll have to budget for a red carpet and a limo for you guys.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hmmm, badminton and Grouse Grind in the same day sounds fun

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New York, US
    Posts
    10,283
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jeepu
    Hmmm, badminton and Grouse Grind in the same day sounds fun
    That will be badminton + grouse grind + hospital visit more likely...

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    coming to a court near you...
    Posts
    28,044
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy
    That will be badminton + grouse grind + hospital visit more likely...
    This mathematical equation should actually read:
    badminton + grouse grind sushi restaurant + hospital visit

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The "U", the "G" and the "tension" specifications of a Badminton racket
    By chris-ccc in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 85
    : 07-07-2014, 05:54 AM
  2. How do you define the difference "power" & "speed" regarding rackets?
    By Robin76 in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 3
    : 11-17-2011, 09:54 PM
  3. Understanding shaft "kickpoint" or "bend profile"
    By visor in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 32
    : 04-24-2011, 07:58 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    : 11-22-2006, 04:18 PM
  5. Merge "Badminton Humor" with "Chit Chat"
    By bigredlemon in forum Forum Feedback
    Replies: 3
    : 03-31-2003, 02:04 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •