finding for playing group around melbourne city

Discussion in 'Australia / New Zealand' started by Loyd21, Jul 11, 2006.

1. Loyd21

Loyd21 New Member

hei guys i just moved to melbourne city ,currently looking for some badminton to play aroung the city. i heard of albert's park, is there a club to join?
    thanks for your help:D

2. Robbo77

Robbo77 Regular Member

Accountant
    badminton

Hi Loyd21

Monday nights have social at around 7.30 to about 10ish at the 3 courts at the very back of the main badminton courts (ones without the tabletennis tables)

Wednesday nights from 7.30-9.30 also same place but the ones near the front door.

There use to be Friday 6.30-9 in the courts next to the tabletennis and also on a Sunday afternoon at 1pm

These are all socials at Albert Park. If you are more skilled ask for Gary on a Wednesday and he can put you in a competition team eventually depending on the season start and end dates.

FOr B grade level and above , we have a social out at Wantirna South - http://www.titanbadmintonclub.websyte.com.au/

Cheers!
    Robbo

3. badcliq

badcliq Regular Member

If u r just a beginner like myself, then can play at collingwood...we play on Sunday weekly at 10am....for 2 hours....for just a very cheap fee at $3 each time...it's organised by a non-profit organisation...tat's y it's cheap....not making any money out of it...but of course, donations are more than welcomed! hehe!!!

4. hkhung

hkhung Regular Member

Robbo77, glad to see you are everywhere!

Let us know on the CCC friday thread
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32267&page=30

about what happen to your CBA comp! From the look of things, you might have your personal DVD out pretty soon, right?

Anyway, i been to sunday MSAC social for the last couple of weeks. Jenny+Jerry goes to the sunday session, they used to come to our box hill CCC at sat day.

I am playing at D grade single at the moment, and i would say sunday social (1-4pm) is about C/D grade.

For the sunday session, you can join as a member for a year. Joining is $30. Once you join it's $8.5 (if i remember it right), non member is $10.

I think that membership is only applicable to the sunday social (1-4pm) though. I do not know anything about any other night.

Hope it helps!

5. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Sunday 10-Sep-2006, CCC@MSAC is cancelled again

Hi Loyd21,

Hope you read this post early Sunday morning of 3-Sep-2006.

CCC Badminton is happening this Sunday 3-Sep-2006.

But, on Sunday 10-Sep-2006 MSAC will be used for the Victorian Volleyball Schools Cup Tournament. So CCC Badminton is cancelled again that Sunday.

Cheers... chris@ccc