Home page updates:IBF and BC

Discussion in 'Forum Feedback' started by pjswift, Jul 12, 2006.

1. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Has anyone noticed how misleading the home page updates are of International Badminton and Badmintoncentral?
    According to the active banner headlines of IBF, PG and XU are world No. 1s for MS and LS. Is this true? And PG is still gunning for the MO2006 title! How often are the latest info updated? As often as the creator's bias, it 's clear. Eg . the AJC champion was announced promptly ie South Korea, this was last week. but the IBF rankings were at least a month old.(Correct me if I'm wrong) There 's something very unprofessional about updates that reflect different time periods. It's misleading and insult the intelligence of the website visitors.
    I have a lot of respect for BC except its IBF ranking details.What's the significance of May 2005 that it should be permanently displayed? If you don't have the resource to update MS and LS rankings regularly, eg weekly (like ATP) or monthly or after every major (4* or more) tourney, then have the courtesy to remove it instead of misleading members and undermining your credibility.
    IMO, IBF MS and LS rankings should be updated after every major tournament or at least when there's a change in the World No. 1 in either the MS or LS.

2. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Err.....the homepage of IBF (www.worldbadminton.net) is pretty updated...even with the latest draws. Similarly, rankings are updated every Friday.

3. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

I'm referring to the 'moving' banner headlines; the strip that suggests the latest news.

4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm, please be patient with the updates, hopefully all of us are. I'm sure the staffs are doing the best they can. Especially BC is run by non full-timers, who is/are already busy with doing their other priorities. So we would expect a "slower" updates. Besides, we all should be thankful there's a site like this.
    As for the official IBF website, yes, i agree that they should update their info *as soon as they can*, cos they are the "official" IBF website...:p :rolleyes: ;)
    BTW, i think this post/thread should be posted in a different sub-forum...:rolleyes:

#4 ctjcad, Jul 12, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2006
  5. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Sigh, good points and suggestions for improvements.

Definately badmintoncentral has its limitations. One of them being resource limitations. Therefore, the webmaster has chosen to concentrate more time on badmintonforum.com. means he doesn't have so much time for the other parts of BC, inbetween his fulltime job, family, badminton and photography. Plus the fact that he is a badminton fanatic like most us means he's also working on his technique, meeting other badminton friends, watching badminton videos. He also has to sleep like the rest of us;)

Since BC/BF is a nonpaying website, that allows a lot of decision making to be kept within the webmaster's control. Thta's why he can juggle priorities as they come along. But the front page get less time than the other things, unfortunately.

Hope that explains a few things. And just to make clear, I am not the webmaster:D