Gladius: Nice review!

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Brett, Jun 9, 2001.

1. Brett

Brett Regular Member

Hey Gladius,

Nice detailed review of the MP-100. It sure beats the "good racquet" type of reviews that some people post.

2. Gladius

Gladius Regular Member

Design Engineer
    Thank You!

Well,

There are a few other rackets I would like to post too. But sad to say, some like the ISO 900 and the Carbonex 25 cannot be found everywhere.

I guess to me, a review is of no use if I canot draw any quantitative conclusions from it can I? I mean string type, tension, general feel. Positive, negative aspects, recommendations should be included in a review shouldn't it??

That's what I feel at least. Perhaps I'm too attuned to my job as an engineer that's why .... Hahaha ...

Brett, if I remembered correctly, you're from the States or Canada right? How much does the MP-100 or the Ti-10 cost over there?

3. shaun

shaun Regular Member

Theatre boy!!
    Re: Thank You!

MP100=245
    Ti10=208
    thats the canadian prices, and at some places, u'd still need to add 15% tax!!!!!!!!

4. Gladius

Gladius Regular Member

Design Engineer
    Wow !! That's a lot of money!

If compared without strings, guess you guys pay 174% the price I pay here in Singapore !

Canadian $1= Singapore $1.2+

I know the approximate conversion as I was last in Vancouver in September '00 on business. Went all the way down to Penticton and Kelowna.

So where do you stay in Canada Shaun? B.C. or elsewhere?

5. Brett

Brett Regular Member

Re: Thank You!

Gladius, I feel the same about the reviews. The worst is when someone says "great for singles" or "great for doubles" and doesn't say why. It seems that some people ilke a quick, control racquet for singles and a heavier, offensive racquet for doubles.

I live in the States. From what I have seen online (we have only one equipment seller in town, who sells from his basement and is very difficult to contact), A Ti-10 should be around US $170 and the MP-100 goes fof between $190 and $210)

6. Gladius

Gladius Regular Member

Design Engineer
    Woo Hoo .. thats way over the roof !

Wow! The prices you get over there are way over the roof ! That's 200% if it includes strings and 215% if it excludes strings!

Good grief, no wonder there' s this resentment of yonex over there.

But over here, the price of the Ti-10 and MP-100 is only marginally different. The Ti-10 SP Long, 2U-G4, costs about US$90 without strings and the MP-100SP, 2U-G4 costs about US$93 without strings.

Hmm ... Think I can start an online export business here ... Hehehe ....

.... Nah... just kidding, wish I had the time too.

By the way, which part of the states are you in? I would most probably be going over there on business at the end of the year (December) and maybe again next May-June.

7. shaun

shaun Regular Member

Theatre boy!!
    Re: Wow !! That's a lot of money!

Gladius, i live in Toronto........which is in the province of Ontario just incase u didnt know ^_^ its super expensive here "[ sucks! thats why i'm gonna go on an insano shopping spree when i go to HK

8. Brett

Brett Regular Member

Re: Woo Hoo .. thats way over the roof !

Gladius,

Those prices are either unstrung or strung with a basic string like BG-65. Don't forget that you lucky Asians also get the nicer looking and better made thermal cases, too - the North American ones are just plain black with Yonex and either the name of the series (Carbonex) or the name of the model. My Malaysian friend returned from a trip to KL with a pair of Cab 8300's that came in very nice bags - he paid about five dollars less for the pair of them than I paid for my identical racquet here in the States.

I live in Wisconsin. No badminton going on here from early-mid December until mid-late January. No summer badminton either. And of course, no badminton on TV. However, lots of good food, beer, music, fishing, hiking, bicycling, canoeing, cross country skiing, lakes, state parks, etc....