User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well. I'll be honest. I was really thinking about getting one. But my problem with wheeled bags is that 9/10 times the handle is too low for me to be able to walk straigth up. But for regualr training it would be too cumbersome, because 5/6 times I'm riding a bike to the club...

not surprising bowler use wheeled bags. a) balls are heavy. b) they're too lazy to take on a real sport, so why do ánything physically exhausting?

joking, Bowlers are great, I suck at bowling...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i always carry rackets with bags in my thermo. It's a squeeze but i can fit in 6 rackets with covers in a 6 racket bag. Just make sure the handles are at different angles and you dont sit on it etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I must say, that it really depends on the way you carry your bag. I´ve always been carrying my rackets without seperate covers in my bag (yonex TH-6) and nothing has ever happend to them. Put it this way...The cracks and scratches will come anyway from just using the racket in play..so dont worry, they will make even without seperate covers
    To be honest, I know no professional player who places each racket into a seperate cover and then into the bag, its just too much weight to carry around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anybody know if the soft covers like the ones that come with jp racquets or MBS sells are significantly smaller than the normal racquet covers we get here. Wondering if it would be easier to fit more racquets in covers if I used those instead of the big full covers that come with the racquets.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are much thinner and allow for more rackets to be carried safely. They don't offer any less protection I've found. Actually I think they protect better because there is no zip like on a normal case which could scratch the paint

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by f1rst View Post
    They are much thinner and allow for more rackets to be carried safely. They don't offer any less protection I've found. Actually I think they protect better because there is no zip like on a normal case which could scratch the paint
    Cool, thanks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you prefer another way which is cheaper and inexpensive, you could use your underutilize polyester shirt tailored to fit your racket. I'll post picture later, don't have my equipment with me right now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Couldn't upload

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry mate..
    I tried plenty of times, it kept saying "..trouble uploading.."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is because professional can get new piece of racket free, unlike us needing to buy with hard earned money hence we tend to treasure it more...

My post in response to post #20 by beha
    Last edited by davlee; 08-02-2013 at 11:54 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by f1rst View Post
    I have yet to scratch any of my racket paint with the zipper on the normal racket cases.

Racket paint is done with automotive grade paint and clear coat, and a zipper does not have enough to scratch or chip a racket's paint

With the soft bags, I have tried to use the cloth bags I got with my Yonex JP and Gosen Ryoga rackets, but it is more hassle to use inside my 6pcs racket bag.

The problem is when I need to switch rackets, I need to take the entire cloth bag with the racket inside out, and the cloth bag go back in to my racket bag. If I finished my session, i need to slip every single of my rackets back into the ultra soft cloth bags, which is quite a hassle as the opening is just slightly wider than thr racket frame, therefore getting the frame into the extremely fit opening can take more time than a regular racket case which hold its shape and stays in the bag, and I can just easily slip my racket into the case inside my racket bag.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mms6a View Post
    ..The problem is when I need to switch rackets, I need to take the entire cloth bag with the racket inside out, and the cloth bag go back in to my racket bag. If I finished my session, i need to slip every single of my rackets back into the ultra soft cloth bags, which is quite a hassle as the opening is just slightly wider than thr racket frame, therefore getting the frame into the extremely fit opening can take more time than a regular racket case which hold its shape and stays in the bag, and I can just easily slip my racket into the case inside my racket bag..
    Name:  2013-08-03-06-42-25-1942162222.jpeg
Views: 192
Size:  4.9 KB

You could use foam padding which comes in roll. Place it as inserts between your rackets or customize it so that it completely cover a whole racket but with an opening such as a regular racket case. Just a suggestion.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah.. finally.. (images are cropped and resized)

REAL cloth bag
    Name:  20130802_121933-1.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  38.2 KB

Size comparison
    Name:  20130802_122118-1.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  42.3 KB

Racket inside cloth bag
    Name:  20130802_122206-1.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  38.6 KB

This post is related to #24, 25 & 26.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used a cloth bag first before putting it inside my bag. Now Im considering to use a tennis bag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used a those racket head cover before putting it inside my bag.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My racket bag compartment is split into 2 sections by a vinyl divider. In each section, I have 3 rackets, the middle one being encased in a head cover that prevents the 3 rackets from scratching each other.

This makes it easy to see the shaft in selecting rackets and also easy to remove and replace rackets.
    Last edited by visor; 08-03-2013 at 02:07 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    My racket bag compartment is split into 2 sections by a vinyl divider. In each section, I have 3 rackets, the middle one being encased in a head cover that prevents the 3 rackets from scratching each other.

This makes it easy to see the shaft in selecting rackets and also easy to remove and replace rackets.
    Great! Vinyl dividers are light compare to regular racket case and hassle-free. Rackets can slip in and out with ease.

Now.. need to ransack my granddad's stuff

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast