Is it too late?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by leo29, Jul 16, 2006.

1. leo29

leo29 Regular Member

Hi, I am currently starting my first year of county (in england) at the age of 15, if i want to become a badminton player, how do achieve this? and what are the stages i need to go through. Will i get recognised or is it too late?

cheers,

leo

2. jerby

jerby Regular Member

well. there's always a bigger fish...When I was 13 I was playing at the 'top' youth competion. A grade. all my opponents were at least 16, at 14 I was beatign them. Sounds impressing..truth is: all the real talents don't even play youth-competition...

I know at least 5 13 year old playing 4th national division (wich really is an accomplishment, at current statstics all 5 are ranked top 200 mens singles nationally) I knew this, so it wasn't really a big let down to knwo there's a step above....

moral: let it pass...you can always enjoy badminton wihtout being of world-level. World-top is only for 100 people, and they train at least 30 hours a week!

Theoretically: you can, if you are talented, can afford to drop the rest of your life and have supportive people around you...

My vision: don't set such a goal, you'll end up dissapointed. make your goal "I love badminton, and I'm goign to practise as hard as a can (and enjoy it) and get the maximum out of myself...wether my peak is 3th division (national) or top 10 worldwide..."

I was trying to find "so you wanna be a star?" or badders.net but I can't find it...

3. dropper

dropper Regular Member

Sales
  4. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    Excellent advice jerby :D

-dave

5. jerby

jerby Regular Member

Thanks Dropper. and wood_chuck.:)