User Tag List

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's there to be frightened? .I don't think NTM is at LCW's level yet. After he has won a SS title, then maybe we can talk.
    LCW will not lose to NTM again in such a short time. He would definitely have done his homework on NTM's game. I still feel that LCW will square off with LD in the SFs.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by markchan View Post
    What's there to be frightened? .I don't think NTM is at LCW's level yet. After he has won a SS title, then maybe we can talk.
    LCW will not lose to NTM again in such a short time. He would definitely have done his homework on NTM's game. I still feel that LCW will square off with LD in the SFs.
    The unexpected is always frightening. Tien Minh's game has always been of the unpredictable variety... and that's what scares the leaders on the circuit.

I don't know if you watched the 2009 Thailand Open MS Final but Boonsak was taken apart by a less-skilled but more-determined Tien Minh.

The big names better watch out

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhand View Post
    The unexpected is always frightening. Tien Minh's game has always been of the unpredictable variety... and that's what scares the leaders on the circuit.

I don't know if you watched the 2009 Thailand Open MS Final but Boonsak was taken apart by a less-skilled but more-determined Tien Minh.

The big names better watch out
    I'm sure LCW has learnt his lesson not to underestimate a seemingly 'lower ranked' player and may have spent some time watching recordings of his match against NTM to see where he has gone wrong. Because he knows that he has to face the same mountain of a problem should he reach Round Three at the WC.

The problem is how do you destroy a man whose sole ambition is to try to retrieve every seemingly unretrievable shot that his opponent throws at him whatever the outcome. And he has the fitness, stamina and extraordinary determination to repeat this several times in a match.

This 'invisible quality' can't be extinguished with a powerful smash nor an excellent overhead clear to the baseline, for every such shot will probably find its way back at you. So you really get scared and tell yourself whether you are up against a mortal man or machine. Before long, unconsciously you let this machine wear you down, despite the fact that machines should be the ones to suffer wear and tear over time, and the psychological advantage you had as WR1 and top seed from the start will slowly be dismantled by this man who hails from a country which has never been known to be a badminton powerhouse in Southeast Asia!

Worse still, your focus has been almost entirely 'mis'directed at another man from the best badminton nation and you went to great extents to get help on how to defeat him should both of you meet in the SF. You even openly seek the advice of a former coach, who abruptly terminated his services some two years or so ago and now coaching another rival world champion prospect, an unprecedented arrangement in the competitive badminton environment at such a high level!

How not to be scared when NTM can quite subtly repeat his giant-killing action in the badminton court at Gachibowli, (wonder the name has anything to do with lawn bowl ) Hyderabad? NTM is an assiduous student and must have done his homework thoroughly too!

This will be the match of the day before the QF! Frightening prospect for the top seed.
    Last edited by Loh; 07-30-2009 at 09:56 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah. I strongly believe that NTM is going to put up a really good fight against LCW. I like LCW too, but I have to support NTM because I am a Vietnamese

It's really a hard match this time for NTM because there will be no surprise factor. LCW will be as tough as he always has been.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Just my 3 sens-IMO...

Quote Originally Posted by markchan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldhand View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Loh View Post
    I'm sure LCW has learnt his lesson not to underestimate a seemingly 'lower ranked' player
    The problem is how do you destroy a man whose sole ambition is to try to retrieve every seemingly unretrievable shot that his opponent throws at him whatever the outcome. And he has the fitness, stamina and extraordinary determination to repeat this several times in a match.
    Worse still, your focus has been almost entirely 'mis'directed at another man from the best badminton nation
    Quote Originally Posted by hadokenuh View Post
    Yeah. I strongly believe that NTM is going to put up a really good fight against LCW.
    - I concur LCW is probably a level better than NTM.
    - I do concur that NTM's 2 main advantages are his never-say-die/hard work attitude and his "nothing to lose" position.
    - Regarding LCW's loss to NTM in the recent S'pore Open, LCW did mention/admit, prior to the S'pore Open, that he wasn't prepared for the S'pore Open, didn't he??..
    - I concur that LCW's possible achilles heel to his scheduled meeting with LD, in the QF Rd, is if he overlooks NTM. LCW has to stay focused 1 match, 1 game & 1 pt at a time.
    - Will NTM put up a really good fight against LCW?? Depends how prepared LCW is. He controls his destiny. If he is very well prepared & focused, it could be a straight games victory for LCW. Thus all of this hype talk or chat abt LCW going to be in trouble when he meets NTM will be for naught.
    - I echo that LCW should be ready to face NTM, should they meet, this time around.
    Last edited by ctjcad; 07-31-2009 at 01:46 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now Tien Minh has moved to no. 9 in the ranking, his highest position ever. Congrats Minh. He's the pride of Vietnam. Hoping to see him beat more top 10 players and win more tournaments.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loh View Post
    I'm sure LCW has learnt his lesson not to underestimate a seemingly 'lower ranked' player and may have spent some time watching recordings of his match against NTM to see where he has gone wrong. Because he knows that he has to face the same mountain of a problem should he reach Round Three at the WC.
    whatever it is, i personally didnt think LCW actually underestimate his so called lower ranked player. it's just not his day plus i have to salute to NTM's style of play..its unbelivable and very special..this can be seen during the thailand open final vs boonsak. anyway, this time im sure chong wei is fully ready and geared up for this wc. i mean every opponent he's gonna face including NTM or LD
    anyway, let's just wait and see what will be final outcome of this match when this 2 player meet again.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    whatever it is, i personally didnt think LCW actually underestimate his so called lower ranked player. it's just not his day plus i have to salute to NTM's style of play..its unbelivable and very special..this can be seen during the thailand open final vs boonsak. anyway, this time im sure chong wei is fully ready and geared up for this wc. i mean every opponent he's gonna face including NTM or LD
    anyway, let's just wait and see what will be final outcome of this match when this 2 player meet again.
    Of course we will closely follow this special replay if it does come about. Let's hope, unlike the last time when LCW said he wasn't well-prepared, this time he is. In a way, not preparing well for a tournament is tantamount to "underestimating your opposition" as every player wants to win, not to lose! And if you had not prepared well, don't expect to win! Your form will show whether you have been well-prepared.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyway, may the best man win when that day comes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyway, just calm down and waiting ... anything can happen... LCW can learn what he did wrong in SS and also TM can learn more skill and ready face to face with LCW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeswhen both men meet again.. we'll shall witness a great game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although LCW is not my favorite player but i have to accept that he plays a higher badminton level than TM does. However, TM could beat him once and of course, there will be possibly another time. I also don't think TM's win over LCW couple of months ago was an accident. In professional sport, the gap between top ten players is not so big. If one plays under his 100%, he will surely be beaten by another player.
    Last edited by OhLala; 08-04-2009 at 11:54 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OhLala View Post
    Although LCW is not my favorite player but i have to accept that he plays a higher badminton level than TM does. However, TM could beat him once and of course, there will be possibly another time. I also don't think TM's win over LCW couple of months ago was an accident. In professional sport, the gap between top ten players is not so big. If one plays under his 100%, he will surely be beaten by another player.
    Yes, i agree with u,...NTM have played some great badminton since June until now...he even won himselve a GP title in Thailand in July ......

So, it will be interesting to see LCW and NTM play against each other in WC round 16............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

will he go alone again this time ?... without coach??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He doesn't need a coach. I think he does better without a coach during tournaments. He's got friends from Singapore anyway

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i just found NTMfc on fb... follow this link below
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nguyen...ewas=604385882

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2nd GP titles for Tien Minh in 2 months after he won Taipei Open MS. WTG Tien Minh.

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast