User Tag List

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, congratulations to NTM for winning the taiwan open

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My first post on NTM was some 3 years' ago even though I have seen him earlier when he first started out and played in some satellite events in Singapore. He was always trying hard but he was rather gangly and his skill was somehow lacking at that time although his fitness was good.

Despite not having a permanent coach and financial support, it appears that his love for the game, his persistence and self-discipline at training have overcome all odds and it finally paid off as his skill is now more polished and his motivation for success has not faded. The best part is that he continues to remain humble, focussed and seek perfection in his game.

His recent performance and success have attracted the attention of some local and foreign sponsors, including Victor, the Taiwanese sports equipment supplier quite well known in the badminton fraternity. It must be his strong desire to repay his sponsors, particularly Victor, that has motivated him to play well to subdue Malaysian veteran WCH, who surprised by beating TH in the SF, to win the just-concluded Taiwan Open - his second GP title this year.

If NTM remains as motivated and as disciplined in his training and continues to work as hard, there is no telling how far he can go up the ranks. NTM is the man to watch from now onwards and having beaten both LCW and TH recently, his confidence has blossomed. No player can now take him lightly.

Onward NTM!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...NTM is the man to watch from now onwards and having beaten both LCW and TH recently, his confidence has blossomed. No player can now take him lightly.

Onward NTM! [/quote]

Can he beat super LIN DAN?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course he can... haha but he need more time to training.. i believe he can do that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any pics for MS final?. hihi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loh View Post
    My first post on NTM was some 3 years' ago even though I have seen him earlier when he first started out and played in some satellite events in Singapore. He was always trying hard but he was rather gangly and his skill was somehow lacking at that time although his fitness was good.

Despite not having a permanent coach and financial support, it appears that his love for the game, his persistence and self-discipline at training have overcome all odds and it finally paid off as his skill is now more polished and his motivation for success has not faded. The best part is that he continues to remain humble, focussed and seek perfection in his game.

His recent performance and success have attracted the attention of some local and foreign sponsors, including Victor, the Taiwanese sports equipment supplier quite well known in the badminton fraternity. It must be his strong desire to repay his sponsors, particularly Victor, that has motivated him to play well to subdue Malaysian veteran WCH, who surprised by beating TH in the SF, to win the just-concluded Taiwan Open - his second GP title this year.

If NTM remains as motivated and as disciplined in his training and continues to work as hard, there is no telling how far he can go up the ranks. NTM is the man to watch from now onwards and having beaten both LCW and TH recently, his confidence has blossomed. No player can now take him lightly.

Onward NTM!
    __________________________________________________ ________________

You hit the 'nail on the head' in your comment of NTM. Yes, no player including LD, can take NTM for granted from now on. He was just too good for Uncle WCH who was made to look 'silly' in his match against NTM.

__________________________________________________ _________________

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by press100 View Post
    ...NTM is the man to watch from now onwards and having beaten both LCW and TH recently, his confidence has blossomed. No player can now take him lightly.

Onward NTM!
    Can he beat super LIN DAN? [/QUOTE]

Maybe NTM has to wait for LCW to beat LD first.

(Problem is when will that happen and NTM may not have the patience to wait too long! )
    Last edited by Loh; 08-31-2009 at 03:46 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loh View Post
    Can he beat super LIN DAN?

(Problem is when will that happen and NTM may not have the patience to wait too long! )[/quote]

Yes, sure NTM can.......with his great improvement recently of course he will be able to beat LD one day,....even a mentally weak LCW can beat LD....quite a few times......I dont see why NTM have to wait too long...

By the way, uncle Loh,....when this NTM beat TH....? sorry i cant recall...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NTM is good... but he is a one man gang... not much support from his country...

but vIetnamese do have STRONG MENTAL!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jasonmarc View Post

(Problem is when will that happen and NTM may not have the patience to wait too long! )
    Yes, sure NTM can.......with his great improvement recently of course he will be able to beat LD one day,....even a mentally weak LCW can beat LD....quite a few times......I dont see why NTM have to wait too long...

By the way, uncle Loh,....when this NTM beat TH....? sorry i cant recall...[/QUOTE]

So sorry a little mixed-up, it was WCH who beat TH although NTM beat WCH for the Taiwan Open title.

Well it is the majors that count at the highest level and LCW must have that mental strength to deliver, otherwise NTM may overtake him for that rare honour.

Good that you think it is possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NTM wont play in coming China Master Super Series...........wonder whether he will attend Japan Open....?

Seems like he tends to concentrates in GP Gold level thus far....Hope he able to start winning in SS level......Go for it, NTM....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he ll attend Japan open. anyone have the pics for MS final?... thanks so much...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SibugiChai View Post
    NTM is good... but he is a one man gang... not much support from his country...

but vIetnamese do have STRONG MENTAL!
    You must know what type of meat do vietnamese eat.. keke
    NTM wont play in coming China Master Super Series...........wonder whether he will attend Japan Open....?

Seems like he tends to concentrates in GP Gold level thus far....Hope he able to start winning in SS level......Go for it, NTM....
    yep, it seems like he tends to concentrate in GP Gold event 1st before he thinks he can beat lin dan though..need more training

[/quote]
    Very well said, Jason

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

WoW, good to hear the dude is doing so well. Wish I can watch it live if they ever broadcast it on ESPN or some sport channel.

I'm Viet too and I probably can guess what they eat in VietNam lol

Make us proud NTM!!!

P.S. Info about him here

He's only 1m59 wow.
    Last edited by RocKai; 08-31-2009 at 07:44 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think after few more season, he could fight Lin Dan already.

He has powerful smashing and strong speed. So far the most powerful MS Vietnam.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DairyRon View Post
    I think after few more season, he could fight Lin Dan already.

He has powerful smashing and strong speed. So far the most powerful MS Vietnam.
    Please don't be carried away!

It depends on what you mean by a "few more seasons". If you mean a few more years, then it is more reasonable.

Be prepared though, that along the way NTM will himself be beaten by lower ranked players just to bring him back to reality and hopefully make him more motivated!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just hope the government could give him more money to live.

*cough*Cheap...

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast