User Tag List

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast
Results 188 to 204 of 380
  1. #188
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sarawak
    Posts
    944
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loh View Post
    Please don't be carried away!

    It depends on what you mean by a "few more seasons". If you mean a few more years, then it is more reasonable.

    Be prepared though, that along the way NTM will himself be beaten by lower ranked players just to bring him back to reality and hopefully make him more motivated!
    __________________________________________________ _________________________

    NTM has to beat the top players very soon as he is already 26 and half years old and his legs may not be able to hold for long because of his 'punishing' fast pace. He does not glide on the court unlike LCW; obviously the gliders do not inflict as much damage on their backs and knees.


    __________________________________________________ _________________________

  2. #189
    Regular Member Loh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore Also Can
    Posts
    11,903
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default NTM in Taiwan Open final

    Thanh Nien News
    31 August, 2009,

    By Nhut Quang

    Badminton ace Minh to play in Taiwan Open final

    Vietnam’s badminton star Nguyen Tien Minh has made it to the finals of the YONEX Chinese Taipei Gold Grand Prix after beating Malaysian rival Muhammad Hafiz Hashm 2-0 in the semis Saturday.

    Revenge was sweet for Vietnam’s number one Minh who lost to Hafiz Hashm 17-21, 21-17, 19-21, in the competition’s semifinals last year.

    The win over the 15th seed and world’s number 29 will see the third seed and world’s 10th climb higher in the Badminton World Federation (BWF) world ranking.

    In the first set, Minh played confidently and kept the lead to win the set 21-18.

    The Malaysian, however, proved a strong opponent. The two players fought to 10-10 in the second set. Minh, then, won five consecutive points before cruising to a 21-16 win.

    Minh’s rival in the final Sunday is Hashm’s compatriot Wong Choong Hann, ranked 12th in the world, who upset the top seed and world’s number 4 Taufik Hidayat 21-16, 16-21, 21-11 in the other semifinal match Saturday.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  3. #190
    Regular Member Loh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore Also Can
    Posts
    11,903
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default What WCH says of NTM in their Taiwan Open final encounter

    Although things are looking bright for Choong Hann, the veteran was disappointed yesterday over his tame defeat by Tien Minh.

    (Extract from The Star, Aug 31, 2009 "Badminton: Choong Hann comes up short in second straight final" By RAJES PAUL. WCH was reported to be 33 years of age.)


    “I had the better chance of ending a six-year wait for a title in the Taiwan Open compared to Macau last week. But I did not make it happen,” he said.

    “Nguyen had total control of the game. He played a tight game and did not allow me to tap for winners. He was even able to retrieve my smashes from half court and that frustrated me even more.”

    Choong Hann conceded that Tien Minh, who also won the Thailand Open last month, would be one of the players to beat in the SEA Games.

    “His attacking and deceptive game style has not changed much since I last played against him two years ago. But he now has more confidence in himself and that has taken his game to a higher level. He will certainly continue to give the top players a hard time,” he said.

  4. #191
    Regular Member Loh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore Also Can
    Posts
    11,903
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Minh wins Chinese Taipei Grand Prix

    VOX News
    Monday, 08/31/2009


    Top Vietnamese badminton player Nguyen Tien Minh has won the Chinese Taipei Grand Prix Gold after defeating Wong Chong Han of Malaysia in the final.

    Minh had no difficulties beating his Malaysian rival 21-11, 21-14 in the game yesterday.

    Minh, who ranked No. 3 in the tournament, is now the world No.9, while Han, seeded No. 6, is the world No.12.

    This is Minh’s second victory this year, after winning the Thailand Grand Prix in July.

    To reach to the final, Minh beat Japan’s Kazuteru Kozai 2-0 in the first round, and went on to best Thailand’s Tanongsak 2-1 in the second round. In the quarter-final, he easily beat Tommy Suguarto from Indonesia, who is the son of former 1983 world champion Icuk Sugiarto, 2-0.

    In the semi final on Saturday, Minh defeated Malaysia’s Mohd Hafiz Hashim, to rank No.15th.

    As the winner of the tournament, Minh received a monetary prize of US$12,750; his standing in the world ranking table is also expected to rise after his victory.

    In October, Minh will take part in the Vietnam Open championship.

  5. #192
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    2,437
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    kudos again to Tien Minh..

  6. #193
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Kiwiland
    Posts
    84
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quick question: What racket does he use? Is Victor still his sponsor?

  7. #194
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    28
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    He's using Victor Brave Sword 9.

    TM FTW!

  8. #195
    Regular Member Loh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore Also Can
    Posts
    11,903
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skchen View Post
    __________________________________________________ _________________________

    NTM has to beat the top players very soon as he is already 26 and half years old and his legs may not be able to hold for long because of his 'punishing' fast pace. He does not glide on the court unlike LCW; obviously the gliders do not inflict as much damage on their backs and knees.


    __________________________________________________ _________________________
    He is a late developer!

  9. #196
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    3,917
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by skchen View Post
    __________________________________________________ _________________________

    NTM has to beat the top players very soon as he is already 26 and half years old and his legs may not be able to hold for long because of his 'punishing' fast pace. He does not glide on the court unlike LCW; obviously the gliders do not inflict as much damage on their backs and knees.


    __________________________________________________ _________________________
    if he stay injury free... he can still play at the top at over 30... cant compare Non-china player playing age with China player playing age la...

    China players retire ard 28... denmark 35... msia 33... korea 33... indon 31...

    on average china player is 5years older than NORMAL...

  10. #197
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    icy cold place
    Posts
    3,778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SibugiChai View Post
    if he stay injury free... he can still play at the top at over 30... cant compare Non-china player playing age with China player playing age la...

    China players retire ard 28... denmark 35... msia 33... korea 33... indon 31...

    on average china player is 5years older than NORMAL...


    Do you mean "on average china players retire 5 years younger than NORMAL"...and you did not mention Canada players retire past 40 or even longer

  11. #198
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    MALAYSIA
    Posts
    10,375
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loh View Post
    VOX News
    Monday, 08/31/2009


    Top Vietnamese badminton player Nguyen Tien Minh has won the Chinese Taipei Grand Prix Gold after defeating Wong Chong Han of Malaysia in the final.

    Minh had no difficulties beating his Malaysian rival 21-11, 21-14 in the game yesterday.

    Minh, who ranked No. 3 in the tournament, is now the world No.9, while Han, seeded No. 6, is the world No.12.

    This is Minh’s second victory this year, after winning the Thailand Grand Prix in July.

    To reach to the final, Minh beat Japan’s Kazuteru Kozai 2-0 in the first round, and went on to best Thailand’s Tanongsak 2-1 in the second round. In the quarter-final, he easily beat Tommy Suguarto from Indonesia, who is the son of former 1983 world champion Icuk Sugiarto, 2-0.

    In the semi final on Saturday, Minh defeated Malaysia’s Mohd Hafiz Hashim, to rank No.15th.

    As the winner of the tournament, Minh received a monetary prize of US$12,750; his standing in the world ranking table is also expected to rise after his victory.

    In October, Minh will take part in the Vietnam Open championship.
    Yes, 2009 has been a good year for NTM..........more titles to come...

  12. #199
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    he have many good year to come^^

  13. #200
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Tien Minh..

    Quote Originally Posted by jasonmarc View Post
    Yes, 2009 has been a good year for NTM..........more titles to come...
    ..has the same number of titles as Taufik this yr lah....all GP or GP Gold titles..

  14. #201
    Regular Member Loh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore Also Can
    Posts
    11,903
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..has the same number of titles as Taufik this yr lah....all GP or GP Gold titles..
    He needs to win at least a SS title for a start to herald his promotion!

  15. #202
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    3,917
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    Do you mean "on average china players retire 5 years younger than NORMAL"...and you did not mention Canada players retire past 40 or even longer
    y0... but i remember Canada has the oldest Stewadess at 70 or older..

  16. #203
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,946
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    so he will be in rank number what after this?

  17. #204
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    4,731
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    He plays a fast game and his work-rate is very high. But when he last played with LCW, I think he was shown lacking. Still not good enough for the better SS tournaments I am afraid.

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Tien Minh Nguyen vs Gurusaidutt R. M. V -Yonex Sunrise Vietnam Grand Prix Open 2011
    By quycoctu in forum Russian / US / Canadian / Vietnam Open 2011
    Replies: 5
    : 08-27-2011, 09:56 PM
  2. Video:Tien Minh Nguyen vs Daren Liew -Yonex Sunrise Vietnam Open 2011
    By quycoctu in forum Russian / US / Canadian / Vietnam Open 2011
    Replies: 7
    : 08-26-2011, 07:50 PM
  3. Video: Tien Minh Nguyen vs Keigo Sonoda - Yonex Sunrise Vietnam Grand Prix Open 2011
    By quycoctu in forum Russian / US / Canadian / Vietnam Open 2011
    Replies: 5
    : 08-25-2011, 03:55 AM
  4. Who is Nguyen Tien Minh??!!
    By xymaerts in forum Singapore Open / Indonesia Open 2009
    Replies: 64
    : 06-11-2009, 01:16 PM
  5. NGUYEN Tien Minh at AG2006
    By BlaZe in forum Asian Games 2006 - Badminton
    Replies: 4
    : 12-06-2006, 01:42 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •