User Tag List

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hungle View Post
    I was not see 2008 AE between NTM and TF, will find to watch this game! Thank you Ctjcad!
    ..hopefully you can find it in one of the threads (2008 AE) in the Tournaments Video Sharing section...i believe that was the only time NTM was able to stretch Taufik to a near defeat...btw, did Taufik get new initials, TF??..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I try the thread http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...England-Videos but did not see the video NTM Vs Taufik, did you get any other link?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hungle View Post
    I try the thread http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...England-Videos but did not see the video NTM Vs Taufik, did you get any other link?
    ..if you can't find any post or video links of their match, maybe you can post your request in that thread and hope someone has the video file(s); most likely it'll come through a private-recording...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up 2010 Australian Badminton Open GP MS Final: Nguyen Tien Minh won

It's a surprise that no BCer congratulated Nguyen Tien Minh for winning our 2010 Australian Badminton Open GP MS Final, held in Melbourne, Australia, on Sunday 18-Jul-2010.

After meeting up with NTM here, I was surprised how much similarities he has with Lee Chong Wei (age, height, weight, size, behaviour, etc......).

Well done to Nguyen Tien Minh for moving higher and higher up in the Mens Singles World Ranking.
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 07-23-2010 at 05:28 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    It's a surprise that no BCer congratulated Nguyen Tien Minh for winning our 2010 Australian Badminton Open GP MS Final, held in Melbourne, Australia, on Sunday 18-Jul-2010.

After meeting up with NTM here, I was surprised how much similarities he has with Lee Chong Wei (age, height, weight, size, behaviour, etc......).

Well done to Nguyen Tien Minh for moving higher and higher up in the Mens Singles World Ranking.
    Chris-ccc,
    Thank for yuor notice that, i think may be Bcer think that is only ** tournament so he have to win!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not that la...

some are late to find out who is the champion

even if it is ntm

we also congratulate him for his winning

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not that la...

some are late to find out who is the champion

even if it is ntm

we also congratulate him for his winning

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I guess people expectation on him sort of become higher when his ranking was above 10. It's just like Chen Jin, when he won the german open(or danish can't remember) few years ago, everyone was excited and talk about him being the next LD. However, no one seems to care when he won his swiss open this year. Another question, are you guys excited when you see LCW winning his Malaysian open this year? Will it be a much more different scenario if LCW won that title 9 years ago?

Nevertheless, it's a good win though. Congrates to NTM for his Australian title.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lcleing View Post
    Well, I guess people expectation on him sort of become higher when his ranking was above 10. It's just like Chen Jin, when he won the german open(or danish can't remember) few years ago, everyone was excited and talk about him being the next LD. However, no one seems to care when he won his swiss open this year. Another question, are you guys excited when you see LCW winning his Malaysian open this year? Will it be a much more different scenario if LCW won that title 9 years ago?

Nevertheless, it's a good win though. Congrates to NTM for his Australian title.
    Yes, you are right!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow If NTM can get to participate in more tournaments, he could be ranked higher

Some BCers might not realise that the Vietnamese Badminton Association is not rich; to be able to send NTM to participate in more tournaments.

If NTM can get to participate in more tournaments, I am sure he could easily fit into our current WORLD TOP 5 rankings without much problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with your idea
    Because, In the VietNam, VietNamese Badminton Association is not rich, so When Tien Minh took part in more tournaments, Tien Minh gave up pin money go to compete himself.
    He has no personal trainer

He alone made all the procedures

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Congrates for NTM for being the TOP 5

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    Some BCers might not realise that the Vietnamese Badminton Association is not rich; to be able to send NTM to participate in more tournaments.

If NTM can get to participate in more tournaments, I am sure he could easily fit into our current WORLD TOP 5 rankings without much problem.
    NTM is currently World #5. His ranking is even higher than LD's. Hope he will definitly break the ice in the upcomming worldwide tournaments and beat the 4 living legends LCW, LD, TF and PG. He made it so far. He can't give up now!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Luffy View Post
    NTM is currently World #5. His ranking is even higher than LD's. Hope he will definitly break the ice in the upcomming worldwide tournaments and beat the 4 living legends LCW, LD, TF and PG. He made it so far. He can't give up now!
    With respect, he cannot beat the Chinese Back Up players, what chance has he got, against LD, LCW etc. I have a lot of respect for NTM, but a players ranking is only a number, it doesn't always reflect there true standard/ability.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    With respect, he cannot beat the Chinese Back Up players, what chance has he got, against LD, LCW etc. I have a lot of respect for NTM, but a players ranking is only a number, it doesn't always reflect there true standard/ability.
    Who are the Chinese Back Up players are you talking about? I know that LD, LCW and many other players has beaten NTM. True that a players ranking is only a number, but it can give him confidence. Everybody expect LCW, LD, TH, PG and others to win, but sometimes, one man can make the difference. For example, Ji Xinpeng who never captured a top tier event on the international circuit, has won the MS at Sydney Olympic 2000. Nobody expected him to win, but he still beat everyone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Luffy View Post
    Who are the Chinese Back Up players are you talking about? I know that LD, LCW and many other players has beaten NTM. True that a players ranking is only a number, but it can give him confidence. Everybody expect LCW, LD, TH, PG and others to win, but sometimes, one man can make the difference. For example, Ji Xinpeng who never captured a top tier event on the international circuit, has won the MS at Sydney Olympic 2000. Nobody expected him to win, but he still beat everyone.
    Zhang Sheng, ranked 558 in the world beat NTM at this weeks China Open SS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

his playing style doesn't look agressive enough and skewed towards strokes. He will have problem playing fitter players. He is on downhill now. Whatever coaching he is doing is not working. Need a change.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by extremenanopowe View Post
    his playing style doesn't look agressive enough and skewed towards strokes. He will have problem playing fitter players. He is on downhill now. Whatever coaching he is doing is not working. Need a change.
    Agree. I really like NTM. He's fast. He's strong and fit. But is he playing as intelligently as he can against those who can return his smashes and whom he can' t run into the ground?

If he could afford to have a top-level coach with him at tournaments, they could perhaps help him with different strategies when brute force isn't working. But with his financial straits, can he ever find the support he needs whilst playing under the VN flag?

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast