1. jdm_wol2ks

jdm_wol2ks Regular Member

has anybody ever seen a fake armortec 500 before?

cause i was planning to ask my cousin in china to get me one but im afraid they have fake armortec 500's in china...so has anybody ever seen a fake armortec 500 from china??

thanks

2. SmashAtYourFace

SmashAtYourFace Regular Member

hey jdm, there are always fake rackets out there, knowing CHINA, one of the top countrys who enjoys BADMINTON, of course there are fake rackets, BUT there are GENUINE rackets to. You can spot them if they are fake though here is a site http://www.yonex.com/badminton/index.html
    YOU CLICK ON THAT BEWARE SIGN they will SHOWyou how to spot it

i hope this helps xD

-SmashHappy

3. Dream Hai

Dream Hai Regular Member

China has litterly thousands of fake rackets from yonex wilson kawasaki caslon proace etc....Never buy racket in china unless you have your cousin take it for an x-ray to see if it has the T-joint....this would only cost a dollar in china....better to buy from Thailand....also if the racket does not come with a good canvas bag then it is not real and the grip will be a cheap thin grip...if you take the grip off then you will see a small screw holding the shaft to the wood....

4. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Not true.

1. A small screw holding the shaft to the wood, appears to a lot of legit racket models, be it Yonex or other leading brands. :cool:

2. The carry bag is provided by distributor/dealer, and is NOT a standard from Yonex. A cheaper bag does not say the racket must be fake. A top quality bag still can contain a bad-made fake. :(

5. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    If they are not racket experts, make sure only shop in reputable stores, such as www.bbesports.com (has quite a few branches through out CHN) or www.bbeshop.com, and some others. Tell them never think RMB$200 (or a promising "60%" off from a sweet talking sales) can buy you a brand new legit AT500. ;)

6. Dream Hai

Dream Hai Regular Member

CHINESE FAKES NEVER HAVE A SCREW HOLDING GRIP TO SHAFT AND THEY NEVER HAVE THE T-JOINT.....
    I have never seen a Yonex sold with a cheap bag like the ones supplied with
    Chinese fakes...I have bought a couple hundred chinese fakes so I think I know what I am talking about. The Chinese fakes are supplied with a bag and they are all the same and of very cheap quality....You could put a real Yonex in a cheap bag if you wanted but who would want to do that?
    Many good rackets screw the grip to shaft but NONE of the fakes do that...
    Would you but a Yonex for 100usd that was supplied with a 50 cent bag?
    Maybe they have different fakes in USA...

7. DivingBirdie

DivingBirdie Regular Member

student
    pardon my ignorance but what do u mean by grip screwed to shaft? how do we observe that when making a purchase?

8. Dream Hai

Dream Hai Regular Member

If you are going to buy the racket for sure if it is real then simply unwrap the tape from the top of the grip and the small staple and unwind one wrap of the grip and you will see a small screw going through the wood grip into the shaft.....The shaft is glued to the grip also but the screw is an added precaution to prevent it from slipping or shifting position....

9. FUNG HIONG SING

FUNG HIONG SING Regular Member

Fake yonex

Thank you and lots of thank for the info. Now I know that I bought a fake yonex few year back. Thank you again , but are we allow to remove the tape?. I think the shop will allow if he is confidence that his yonex is real or else he will surely do not allow us to remone the tape.
    Keep up the good job

10. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Unless you pay, I don't think even stores with legit rackets will allow you to remove the tape. Think about this, if you are a car sales, will u allow the buyers to say, remove the steel wheel, loose the screws, or remove the seats just to "check something"??? If they made the payment, fine, do whatever you want. If no $$$ yet, at least, i won't allow this to happen. I can be confident with my racket, but I can't be confident if the customer still want to put down $$$, after all the damage to the racket, which usually result into endless argument, etc. :(

The way to prevent buying fakes, and get urself out of useless argument is to shop in reputable stores.