where to buy shoes in canada(cheap)

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by hydrocyanic, Jul 19, 2006.

1. hydrocyanic

hydrocyanic Regular Member

wasting my time
    give up on any midsole on heel that does not have shock absorbsion that lasts

so none of those yonex(mine went flat even the shoes is still new...) or anything that i can step on flat before i wear down the top part

looking for asics or if mizuno's last?

nike's zoom air seems good too, but seems like they only offer fore-foot support...

anyone know wher ei can get them cheap?

gel rocket-2/3 isn't enough and 90dollars for that is too much in sportchek :( and gel is only on the forefoot too :(

many online seems to sell cheap, but many of them only ship w/in US and/or shipping is too high

any suggestion?

thank you

2. DarthHowie

DarthHowie Regular Member

Software Developer & Assistant Coach @ GBC
    #2 DarthHowie, Jul 20, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2006
  3. hydrocyanic

hydrocyanic Regular Member

wasting my time
    thanks

not really an issue on budget actually, just want a longer lasting shoes, unlike what yonex is using, gel or air tends to last longer

prices on those website are too attractive, sportchek is selling the same price on rocket2 :(

4. quik_silver

quik_silver Regular Member

Analyst

howie where is the store located? my friend might be interested in buying a pair

5. pedro22

pedro22 Regular Member

I have a friend who plays really hard and Yonex shoes last 4-6 months with him. He now uses Mizuno Wave Smash and it's a year old and still going strong. Too bad Mizuno doesn't sell badminton shoes in Canada, and the only ones we can get are volleyball shoes. This online store in Toronto has the widest selection of Mizuno shoes that I know about:

http://www.canuckstuff.com/prod/vbshoes/vbs_m1.htm

6. leadfoot

leadfoot Regular Member

7. Tweak

Tweak Regular Member

Student
    If you want good Yonex shoes in your area, go to Tad's Sporting Goods (negotiable prices), Special Edition at Crystal Mall, or try Abbie's (never been there personally). Alternatively, I live in Edmonton, and the Sweet Spot has good prices there as well without the extra PST, but you'll most likely have to pay S&H regardless.

8. chickenpoodle

chickenpoodle Regular Member

http://www.mybadmintonstore.com

check here, for the shb99mx, for 80USD, free shipping world wide.
    i've ordered three pairs of them on seperate occasions, plus other items for friends from that site and never did i have any problems.

great business they have there.

theres bbesports, with great prices, but their shipping taxes and handling fees make things not so attractive. their constant lack of stock also makes ordering a nightmare at times.
    but if things go smoothly, bbe is great.

#8 chickenpoodle, Aug 12, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2006
  9. Augster

Augster Regular Member

hey there

i recently signed up for fall group lessons at lee's badminton in toronto. my pair of adidas gazelle 2 got rejected upon inspection :mad:, so now i have to buy a pair of badminton shoes that must have gum rubber soles. i asked the front desk person/shop keeper at lee's which pair was the cheapest at the shop. and i was told i can get a pair of yonex shb-48 at the price of $65. i'm just wondering if any of you guys know any other cheaper and better options? and which shop to hit up to get such deals? i prefer to shop nearby richmond hill/markham area. thanks.

10. pedro22

pedro22 Regular Member

I'd rather use a Mizuno volleyball shoe than an SHB-48. canuckstuff .com has the Mizuno Wave Blocker 3 for $49 and they are in Scarborough, ON. I used to have one and they an excellent entry level court shoe.

See the bottom of this page:

http://www.canuckstuff.com/prod/vbshoes/vbs_m2.htm

11. dex

dex Regular Member

Student
    You can try Walmart! I found a couple style of gum court shoes that cost only $19.99-$24.99. They are very light and the quality is good too. It's certainly worth a try!

12. martin8768

martin8768 New Member

sudent
    yah one time i toke a little trip to Winners, its not a girl store,! i swear the men's athletic section is big and 3/4 the price of sportchek, which i hate going ot, allways spend more then i want, and anyways i found adidas gum indoor court shoes, their Adidas ClimaCool Responce Light, for 60$, pretty good, their really light and have sides and botton that is see-threw :eek: ! their very breathable, and i searched it on the net and their 99$US from the adidas shop :eek:! so i was happy:)

13. Augster

Augster Regular Member

thanks for the replies. question if i preferred having a yonex shb-48 (mainly due to the fact that it's 100% certain gum rubber soles), is $65 the best deal around toronto?

14. ClaudiaSchiffer

ClaudiaSchiffer New Member

Re: Cheap Spikes?

i mostly buy my shoes online from Shoestrom.com ,coz they have comfort and cheap ones .Here is the link :
    http://www.shoestrom.com/

15. Jonny30

Jonny30 New Member

Shoes Online Shop

i mostly buy my shoes online from wingstep.com ,coz they have comfort and cheap ones .Here is the link http://www.wingstep.com