User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 80
  1. #1
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,203
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default "Oops!...I did it again!" (Yet another broken racket)

    I'm in a singing mood this morning (3:42am) so in case you didn't get the lyric in the title of my post, it's by Britney Spears.

    Anyway, here's what happened, in a nutshell:

    -Playing doubles against my coach Alex and I'm going all out on the dinking

    -Opponent lifts short, I go up for a jump smash, mishit/mistimed the shuttle, framed it and my favorite racket collapsed.

    No, no clashes or anything like that, I just framed the shuttle and heard a "crrrrrrack".

    Other data: shuttle was a RSL Tourney # 1, Speed 77; string SOTX BS-963 at 28lbs. Consolation: we won the point and the set.

    Anyway, here's the picture, the top part broke first (where I framed the shuttle), then the side collapsed a few seconds afterwards.



    "And I still haven't found what I'm looking for." -U2

    Last edited by DinkAlot; 07-21-2006 at 05:32 AM.

  2. #2
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,918
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    part of the string is brown, is that burn mark?!? :O

  3. #3
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,203
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun
    part of the string is brown, is that burn mark?!? :O
    Oh no, when I was pre-stringing the racket, a gal stepped on the string, hence the dirt.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    843
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot
    Oh no, when I was pre-stringing the racket, a gal stepped on the string, hence the dirt.
    She stepped on your string, you whacked her with the racket. That's why it broke right? Now now, you cooked up a story of breaking in a game to cover that, didn't you?

    Is there anything that you won't break?

  5. #5
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,203
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EastDevil
    She stepped on your string, you whacked her with the racket. That's why it broke right? Now now, you cooked up a story of breaking in a game to cover that, didn't you?

    Is there anything that you won't break?
    I would never raise my hand, much less a racket, to a girl.

    Uhhhh, I haven't broken the net yet. Oh wait, I have. Uhhhh...I haven't broken my Nalgene 64 ounce water bottles...yet.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    843
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot
    I would never raise my hand, much less a racket, to a girl.

    Uhhhh, I haven't broken the net yet. Oh wait, I have. Uhhhh...I haven't broken my Nalgene 64 ounce water bottles...yet.
    You can always fill your Nalgene with superheated water that's beyond 154 degree celsius.

    How exactly do you break a net?

  7. #7
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,203
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EastDevil
    How exactly do you break a net?
    Dinking and hitting the net in the same place too many times and the net broke. Go figure.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Essex, England
    Posts
    301
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Dink, I always love reading the latest stories of what you've broken this time and seeing the pictures.

    It's the highlight of my day reading your antics, though my work colleagues are never quite sure why I'm in fits of giggles.

    I've only been playing for about 5 years, but so far I haven't even managed to break a string, I guess I'm just not trying hard enough.

    Keep up the good work with your "quality testing" you make the world a safer and certainly funnier place!

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Toronto & Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    689
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's a good thing you managed to take some pictures of the D600 before it was broken in the Diamond Series thread. I guess we're expecting the review for the D600 soooner rather then later?

    Do you think that the female who stepped on your stringbed might have put some pressure that may have weakened the racket frame? I'm not insinuating that the female that stepped on your racket was "large-boned" but you never know..

    hope you're not giving up on using this racket.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,658
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    is it still under warrenty? I think a raquet made by Ti alloy will not be able to stand any of your dinking too. Keep on dinking Sir DinkALot.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    971
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alaric

    I've only been playing for about 5 years, but so far I haven't even managed to break a string, I guess I'm just not trying hard enough.
    are u using thick BG65 strung at 16lbs?
    anyway i think you should cut your strings and string higher tension.
    The only reason to why you haven't broken a string for 5 years is because the tension has gone off so much that u can't call it a racket anymore. Might as well call it a net for catching butterflies

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Essex, England
    Posts
    301
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The tension is still good, I guess it's just me that isn't.

    Have just got a new Armotec 500, maybe I can break that!

    On the plus side though the score currently stands at
    Alaric 4 - Butterflies 0

  13. #13
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,203
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thanks Alaric but I wish I didn't have to be the highlight of your day.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alaric
    Dink, I always love reading the latest stories of what you've broken this time and seeing the pictures.

    It's the highlight of my day reading your antics, though my work colleagues are never quite sure why I'm in fits of giggles.

    I've only been playing for about 5 years, but so far I haven't even managed to break a string, I guess I'm just not trying hard enough.

    Keep up the good work with your "quality testing" you make the world a safer and certainly funnier place!

  14. #14
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,203
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarthHowie
    It's a good thing you managed to take some pictures of the D600 before it was broken in the Diamond Series thread. I guess we're expecting the review for the D600 soooner rather then later?

    Do you think that the female who stepped on your stringbed might have put some pressure that may have weakened the racket frame? I'm not insinuating that the female that stepped on your racket was "large-boned" but you never know..

    hope you're not giving up on using this racket.

    Darth, you misunderstand, when I was pre-stringing, she stepped on the string only, not the racket nor the string on the racket.

    I really enjoy the D600...don't know what I'm going to do next...

  15. #15
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,203
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silentheart
    is it still under warrenty? I think a raquet made by Ti alloy will not be able to stand any of your dinking too. Keep on dinking Sir DinkALot.
    Yes, still under warranty. Ibuysports.com takes care of all my SOTX warranty issues. Errrrrr, for that material, all my badminton needs.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Richmond, BC
    Posts
    5,209
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    DinkAlot is the master of breaking rackets!! =)

  17. #17
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,203
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    DinkAlot is the master of breaking rackets!! =)
    Not me, just a stroke or two of bad luck, I mean a swing or two or three or four...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Lin Dan's "broken" racket grip...
    By kwun in forum Grip
    Replies: 191
    : 07-24-2014, 01:35 AM
  2. The "U", the "G" and the "tension" specifications of a Badminton racket
    By chris-ccc in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 85
    : 07-07-2014, 05:54 AM
  3. How do you define the difference "power" & "speed" regarding rackets?
    By Robin76 in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 3
    : 11-17-2011, 09:54 PM
  4. Understanding shaft "kickpoint" or "bend profile"
    By visor in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 32
    : 04-24-2011, 07:58 PM
  5. Merge "Badminton Humor" with "Chit Chat"
    By bigredlemon in forum Forum Feedback
    Replies: 3
    : 03-31-2003, 02:04 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •