which cushion is best for absorption?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by hydrocyanic, Jul 25, 2006.

1. hydrocyanic

hydrocyanic Regular Member

wasting my time
    anyone has any test or data? or experience?

which one last longest?

with limited budget i don't want to try too many brands before i found my answer :D

thank you

#1 hydrocyanic, Jul 25, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2006
  2. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Talk about Cushioning. No doubt Yonex's Power Cushion stand up among the rest. But then sometimes the uppers of the shoe wears off easily due to drag on the court. So far for me the Shb99 LE last the longest among the other Yonex Models. Other than Yonex , you can try Mizuno, Asics or Mikasa.

3. CoolDoo6

CoolDoo6 Regular Member

I use the following 2 items in my high top basketball shoes. The high top is necessary to compensate for the higher resulting heel. The shock dampening is so good that shock is no longer felt even though I am a very freuent and heavy feet stamper. Though there is a risk these items will cause ankle twist in a pair of low top shoes.

http://racquetlink.webfusion.co.uk/shop/product.php/144/43//d28d47f005dcdcf3da46ed8d157001ec

http://racquetlink.webfusion.co.uk/shop/product.php/145/43//d28d47f005dcdcf3da46ed8d157001ec

4. hydrocyanic

hydrocyanic Regular Member

wasting my time
    my yonex fore and rear feet cushion is flat and dead... most likely i will get a new pair first before another insole....

i want a midsole that doesn't(or at least last long enough) go dead before i wear out my upper or outsole... where as my yonex look new from the outside(beside dirty)...

so far i am fore the idea of asics's gel which would last longer, too bad their rocket2/3 doesn't have gel insert on the heel part... :(

if i have more choice that would be better :)

my choice so far: gel-tactic, 1100v, tornado
    or instead maybe i will just buy some of those less expensive yonex shoes and this way i can dispose them earlier...

#4 hydrocyanic, Jul 26, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2006
  5. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    For Yonex shoes, I find SuperFeet Green fits properly and provides adequate cushionining against heel first induced shock.